Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Cars.

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Old Cars.

Well I decided to get an old car out of storage last week. It is a 1978 Lincoln Continental that my parents bought new when I was 13. It was the first car I drove after getting my license which was at age 14 back then. I drove myself to the orthodontist in it. Anyway I really liked the car so I determined I would not let it get away. My parents drove it for seven years then my sister bought it and drove it for another seven years, then I bought it. In the twenty years I have owned it it has only been driven a few hundred miles and was last out of storage ten years ago. It has 109,000 miles on it. It has always been garaged.

I was thinking that it would be hard to get back into service having sat that long. You know bad gas dead battery leaking brake cylinders etc. Well it turns out all I had to do was put some air in the tires (which are 24 years old now and make me nervous) and put a new battery in it and start it. I cleaned it and everything works fine and it drives the same as ever. Of course it should have all the fluids changed and new hoses, belts and tires, but such as it is it is fine for driving around the block. I sat in it today and listened to the demonstrator Quadrasonic eight track tape that originally came with the car. I have the original paperwork as well. It listed for $15,053. Boy have times changed.

I am a long time member of the Veteran Motor Car Club of America. I intend to use it in VMCCA driving events.

By the way the car in the background is a 1939 Buick Special Business Coupe that I bought twenty six years ago.

"Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice.. the inside looks to be in really good condition as well.. So tell me, did you get any nostalgic flashbacks when you were driving it? I sure wouldn't care to drive in my first car again lol.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice car. very pricy for back in the day. as for things to do. anything rubber that has checks and cracks in the engine. fuel filter and plug wires cap & rotor. one thing people don't consider is fuel pump. its just a rubber diaphragm and they rot out. also the fuel lines and rubber brake lines rot if its sat a long time.
    another thing to do is remove the battery cables on each end and clean. the engine side corrodes and can take years off the car by becoming a problem without you knowing it. make sure all the engine grounds to fenders and chassis are intact. have fun
    Yetti

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Nice.. the inside looks to be in really good condition as well.. So tell me, did you get any nostalgic flashbacks when you were driving it? I sure wouldn't care to drive in my first car again lol.
    Yes, it's just like driving it thirty five years ago. It even smells the same. In reality as you could have imagined it isn't that great of a car to drive when compared to todays cars. They don't build them like they used to and thank goodness. I prefer to drive this other '78 from the opposite end of the car spectrum. My Corvette that I bought when I was 18 and in high school.

"Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

Originally Posted by yettiatcpg View Post
    nice car. very pricy for back in the day. as for things to do. anything rubber that has checks and cracks in the engine. fuel filter and plug wires cap & rotor. one thing people don't consider is fuel pump. its just a rubber diaphragm and they rot out. also the fuel lines and rubber brake lines rot if its sat a long time.
    another thing to do is remove the battery cables on each end and clean. the engine side corrodes and can take years off the car by becoming a problem without you knowing it. make sure all the engine grounds to fenders and chassis are intact. have fun
    Thanks

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    Yes, it's just like driving it thirty five years ago. It even smells the same. In reality as you could have imagined it isn't that great of a car to drive when compared to todays cars. They don't build them like they used to and thank goodness. I prefer to drive this other '78 from the opposite end of the car spectrum. My Corvette that I bought when I was 18 and in high school.

Oh wow.. now THAT'S a beauty.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Oh wow.. now THAT'S a beauty.
    Thanks

PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great looking Lincoln!

I tinker with a 66 PLymouth Fury, its ugly but a runner.

I cant post pictures yet cuz I am not special...

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Daily Driver:

Weekender:

If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Daily Driver:

Weekender:

Saw pic and thought, damn, Brack's got an assload of cars, all sitting in his yard. Then I realized the pics are at a car show....

Nice ride.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That Lincoln is beautiful, man.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post

I hate you.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those old Lincolns are something else! One massive piece of machinery. You almost need a very dark, wide pin-striped suit to drive one of them anymore! LOL
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well I decided to get an old car out of storage last week. It is a 1978 Lincoln Continental that my parents bought new when I was 13....
    You lucky dog. First car I got to use regularly starting my junior year of HS was my mom's 1970 Thunderbird Landau, two door with the pointy nose. Had a 429/4bbl, bucket seats, sequential rear taillights and wrap-around rear seat. Less than 2000 made and though not terribly fast off the line it was lightening fast once you had it rolling about 40mph then stomp on it. It would kick down into passing gear and the 4bbl at the same time, kind of pause a beat like it was gathering itself up and then you were outta there just like the Millennium Falcon jumping into hyperspace. From behind she kinda looked like the MF too as she pulled away. I'd jet past my buds in their Mustangs, Novas and Camaros who could get the jump on me but seldom beat me any distance. Had a lot, a LOT, of good times in that beauty.

After I moved away I had hoped to retrieve it somehow but not long after my younger sister wrecked it while fiddling with the radio and turning a corner. She was fine, car was totaled.

The sky blue pic is exactly the same color, wheel covers, everything as ours:

Enjoy the ride!
    It's 80% diet, 20% workout and 100% in the mind.

If you can read or carry on a conversation, you ain't working out.

To be different the only thing you have to do is stand fast when the herd moves.

Parking your s**t on a bench ain't the same thing as using it!

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always liked the sequential taillights, starting with the '65!

Cougars, too!
    Time To Re-Schedule

MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    I always liked the sequential taillights, starting with the '65!

Cougars, too!
    Yeah, we were a Thunderbird family. My Grandmother had a '56 with removable hardtop, my dad had a '67 4dr Landau, two '70s (the Landau and a four-door) and a '73 which didn't count because it was almost identical to a Continental and had their pig of a 460" motor. Besides the '70 which I got to drive, my fav was the '67 Four door with suicide rear doors, vacuum actuated headlight "eyelids", sequential taillights, steering wheel would automatically tilt up and hard right when you opened the door and best of all, the mighty 428cu "Cobrajet" under the hood. It was one beautiful car in its day. The rust colored pic is identical to ours.

It's 80% diet, 20% workout and 100% in the mind.

If you can read or carry on a conversation, you ain't working out.

To be different the only thing you have to do is stand fast when the herd moves.

Parking your s**t on a bench ain't the same thing as using it!

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Well I decided to get an old car out of storage last week. It is a 1978 Lincoln Continental that my parents bought new when I was 13. It was the first car I drove after getting my license which was at age 14 back then. I drove myself to the orthodontist in it. Anyway I really liked the car so I determined I would not let it get away. My parents drove it for seven years then my sister bought it and drove it for another seven years, then I bought it. In the twenty years I have owned it it has only been driven a few hundred miles and was last out of storage ten years ago. It has 109,000 miles on it. It has always been garaged.

I was thinking that it would be hard to get back into service having sat that long. You know bad gas dead battery leaking brake cylinders etc. Well it turns out all I had to do was put some air in the tires (which are 24 years old now and make me nervous) and put a new battery in it and start it. I cleaned it and everything works fine and it drives the same as ever. Of course it should have all the fluids changed and new hoses, belts and tires, but such as it is it is fine for driving around the block. I sat in it today and listened to the demonstrator Quadrasonic eight track tape that originally came with the car. I have the original paperwork as well. It listed for $15,053. Boy have times changed.

I am a long time member of the Veteran Motor Car Club of America. I intend to use it in VMCCA driving events.

By the way the car in the background is a 1939 Buick Special Business Coupe that I bought twenty six years ago.

It's not the most desirable car for many people but that car is in EXCELLENT condition!! I would assume that if it really did SIT for a long time and was never started the seals in the engine and tranny probably dried out. It will be a matter of time before it starts leaking BAD.

Seals would be a minor fix though compared to the rest of that car, nice, clean, og ride you got there.

But what I'm really saying, is how much for that coupe back there

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thats a good looking car.

Glad to see I am not the only one who still has an 8 track player in working order.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    Thats a good looking car.

Glad to see I am not the only one who still has an 8 track player in working order.
    Yes, but what do you have on 8 track that will play?

I remember seeing a lot of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass on 8 back then.
    Time To Re-Schedule

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dudes, I have so much hnnnnggggg for the rides in this thread!!!

Much respect for great memories.

Yes, I'd love to have my first car back...in the shape I kept in in. 1966 Mustang, her name was Lucy.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000) PapaBunny is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am special now...Here is my beater. Like I said, ugly, but shes a runner.

This is my DD

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Man, I gotta start enjoying a few of the finger things...
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    Man, I gotta start enjoying a few of the finger things...
    finger things are okay but if you really want to splurge...try the finer things LOL!

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That is pretty cool. Great condition
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PapaBunny View Post
    finger things are okay but if you really want to splurge...try the finer things LOL!
    HA! I had to read it three times before I caught it. Damn mental auto-correct.

Finer... yes, that's what I mean

Try SCE to AUX

wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just can't pass up a car thread. Bought my Camaro for 800.00 in 99 and spent 4 years restoring it.

My daily is an 06 TrailblazerSS with the aluminum LS2, but I wrecked it and its been in the shop for 4 months. They said it would be finished today, but nope.

BEautifu Camaro^^^^^^ Huge props for not going "pro touring" or putting giant ass rims on it....I love the look, its nice to see some sidewall.

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Great car! But driving at 14 has my mind blown. Holy hell, my kid at 14 could barely find his way from his computer to the refrigerator.
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

most of the kids I grew up with started driving at 14, thats when our drunken fathers decided it was time to learn so we could get them home from the bar......

Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    Great car! But driving at 14 has my mind blown. Holy hell, my kid at 14 could barely find his way from his computer to the refrigerator.
    Originally Posted by PapaBunny View Post
    most of the kids I grew up with started driving at 14, thats when our drunken fathers decided it was time to learn so we could get them home from the bar......
    Yeah, I barely remember a time when I couldn't drive. As soon as I was old enough to reach the brake I was driving around the farm and not long after that on the roads. The local cops didn't care if we were licensed so long as we stayed on the backroads.

Try SCE to AUX

Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
    It's not the most desirable car for many people but that car is in EXCELLENT condition!! I would assume that if it really did SIT for a long time and was never started the seals in the engine and tranny probably dried out. It will be a matter of time before it starts leaking BAD.

Seals would be a minor fix though compared to the rest of that car, nice, clean, og ride you got there.

But what I'm really saying, is how much for that coupe back there
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    That is pretty cool. Great condition
    Thanks

Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    Yeah, I barely remember a time when I couldn't drive. As soon as I was old enough to reach the brake I was driving around the farm and not long after that on the roads. The local cops didn't care if we were licensed so long as we stayed on the backroads.
    Now in Idaho you have to be 15 1/2 to drive. I got my license at 14 but if course I was driving farm trucks and tractors by about age 9 or 10.