Chicken and Rice brah impeccable's Avatar
    impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50)

High intensity cardio + clean bulk question

I've been following a strict clean bulking diet for the past few months now and have gained a solid amount of mass but I'm nowhere near where I wanna be yet and I'm wondering if I would have noticeably better gains if I wasn't doing so much cardio. I'm not worried about staying lean and my main priority right now is to bulk up and cut in 4 months or so.. I play about 5 high intensity full court pickup basketball games 2-3 times a week and I'm wondering If this is detrimental to my muscle growth. Or should I add more calories on the days I plan on playing ball? And if so how much (right now I'm eating in a surplus of about 500 cals each day)? And would I benefit from only playing ball on my off days rather than after I finish lifting?

My bad if this is a dumb question, just trying to reach my goals !! Thanks
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★

Current Weight: 177 lbs at 12-13% BF
    Goal Weight (by December): 190 lbs at 12-13% BF

KNICKSTAPE.

BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you really want to bulk then yeh, probably cut the cardio. But do you enjoy basketball?? Do you really need to bulk more and will it help your ball??

Eating more on those days may help but after doing chronic cardio for years in MMA I know I never really made the gains I wanted until I moved on to a focused lifting program.
    I hate haters

impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50) impeccable will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BWC101 View Post
    If you really want to bulk then yeh, probably cut the cardio. But do you enjoy basketball?? Do you really need to bulk more and will it help your ball??

Eating more on those days may help but after doing chronic cardio for years in MMA I know I never really made the gains I wanted until I moved on to a focused lifting program.
    I don't think bulking will help or hurt my ball skills but I mean I play mostly recreationally now so that doesn't really matter anyway I just wanna get bigger for myself. But I love to ball , I don't just do it for the cardio so it's def not something I wanna give up.. so I dont know maybe I'll just limit it to my off days and up the calories a little during those days

KNICKSTAPE.

BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by impeccable View Post
    I don't think bulking will help or hurt my ball skills but I mean I play mostly recreationally now so that doesn't really matter anyway I just wanna get bigger for myself. But I love to ball , I don't just do it for the cardio so it's def not something I wanna give up.. so I dont know maybe I'll just limit it to my off days and up the calories a little during those days
    Don't give up what you enjoy doing bro just to get bigger or more shredded or whatever!

What do your daily macros look like? could be a start and further to that, I just re-read your post and you said you have made solid gains over the last few months.

Man that is not to be sneezed at, even if you are short of your goals. If it's happening slowly, its still happening so why change?? We all get impatient mate but don't kill yourself just to do it faster. Give yourself another 6 months or so and re-assess

This is coming from a guy that has taken around 5 years to put on 10kgs and is still well short of where I wanna be too!
    I hate haters

Originally Posted by BWC101 View Post
    Don't give up what you enjoy doing bro just to get bigger or more shredded or whatever!

What do your daily macros look like? could be a start and further to that, I just re-read your post and you said you have made solid gains over the last few months.

Man that is not to be sneezed at, even if you are short of your goals. If it's happening slowly, its still happening so why change?? We all get impatient mate but don't kill yourself just to do it faster. Give yourself another 6 months or so and re-assess

This is coming from a guy that has taken around 5 years to put on 10kgs and is still well short of where I wanna be too!
    Im hitting about 3,100 calories a day (probably a little more b/c i don't count the calories i get from ketchup, american cheese for my tuna sandwich, seasonings, etc) with 245g protein, 389g carbs, and 66.5g fat. And yeah you're right just gotta take it one day at a time i'm just so impatient sometimes haha thats why i made this post but thanks bro!

KNICKSTAPE.

bump. any other opinions?

KNICKSTAPE.

soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100) soulffs is not very well liked. (-100)
    ei OP, as long as your replacing those burned calories from cardio your good, some fitness gurus on youtube told me that your body composition will be better if you increase activity level and consume more calories. Does that make sense?
    Just think about this 2 guys same height same weight guy A needs 2000 calories to maintain his weight and guy B needs 3000 calories(because his activity level is higher) ofc i'll think that guy B is bigger and badder xD
    To achieve what others won't you have to do what others don't

Originally Posted by soulffs View Post
    ei OP, as long as your replacing those burned calories from cardio your good, some fitness gurus on youtube told me that your body composition will be better if you increase activity level and consume more calories. Does that make sense?
    Just think about this 2 guys same height same weight guy A needs 2000 calories to maintain his weight and guy B needs 3000 calories(because his activity level is higher) ofc i'll think that guy B is bigger and badder xD
    Gotchya! Seems that I just need to add more calories on days that I ball and i'll be good. thanks.

KNICKSTAPE.