Thread: Bread Bad?

JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSim is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Bread Bad?

Hey guys, if I were to compete, I'm wondering if bread is bad while prepping.

For example; spinach wrap:

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...s/spinach-wrap

and Ezekial bread.

If it is bad, how come?

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JakeSim View Post
    Hey guys, if I were to compete, I'm wondering if bread is bad while prepping.

For example; spinach wrap:

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...s/spinach-wrap

and Ezekial bread.

If it is bad, how come?
    There is nothing wrong with bread of any kind as long as your body digests it well.

Assigning good and bad labels to food is not something that is necessary. Just find food that fits into your nutritional profile while meetings your daily requirements.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bread is perfectly fine.

MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattPorter3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First reply is a great one.

As long as your body handles it well --- the gluten, soy, etc....does not affect you negatively....

you are fine -- you can diet on many 'forbidden foods' bread, dairy, hi glycemic carbs etc...

Don;t believe everything you read

-Matt
    Contest-Prep Coach
    TrueNutrition.com --coupon MATTP
    IronMagLabs - matt15

Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like to do iifym with a min of 35g fiber and 3-6 servings total of fruits+veggies . The only thing I would really focus on is quality protein sources and decent amount of healthy fats. Being too restrictive on food sources can lead to an eating disorder imo. Remember the best diet is the one you can follow, Its all about balance but by all means eat healthy and satiating foods just dont be afraid to have treats. The only time I would stress about food sources is when your well below your set point and itd probably be wise to stick to nutrient dense foods. Good luck bra !

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    all good info...

bread is only bad if you dont like the taste .... but for real as long as it agrees with you and doesn't bloat you or cause intestinal discomfort... eat it up
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally a big fan of Ezekiel bread and La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Wraps...use them both all the way through prep with no ill effects.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

of natural evolution HeteroticPhenom's Avatar
    HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gluten sensitivity/intolerance is what several alluded to without actually saying it. If you fall into that category, then you should act accordingly. Personally I don't, so I eat bread whenever I please.

Some people are lactose intolerant (to varying degrees), others have peanut allergies. Then there's people with a wheat allergy. So therefore, obviously, we should ALL stop drinking milk and other dairy products. Also stop eating peanut butter, and definitely cut back big time on the grains. I actually have a relative that stopped eating wheat products because of some BS article he read about how "gluten is pure evil".

I don't know how people come up with this stuff. I was channel surfing the other day, next thing I know I'm watching an episode of "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team." Hey, what's wrong with a bit of eye candy? They had a professional nutritionist & dietician come on the show, who actually told the ladies that "carbonated beverages cause cellulite". So stay away from sodas, and anything else that has carbonation.

brb, drinking some bubbly water & getting fat from it. The nutritionist lady then proceeded to raid the refrigerators of various women who were having "some potential weight trouble" (not that I could see it), and she started throwing away all kinds of good nutritious foods. If only someone would tell those women the truth, then they wouldn't be so miserable with their "diets" all the time. I felt sorry for them.

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HeteroticPhenom View Post
    Gluten sensitivity/intolerance is what several alluded to without actually saying it. If you fall into that category, then you should act accordingly. Personally I don't, so I eat bread whenever I please.

Some people are lactose intolerant (to varying degrees), others have peanut allergies. Then there's people with a wheat allergy. So therefore, obviously, we should ALL stop drinking milk and other dairy products. Also stop eating peanut butter, and definitely cut back big time on the grains. I actually have a relative that stopped eating wheat products because of some BS article he read about how "gluten is pure evil".

I don't know how people come up with this stuff. I was channel surfing the other day, next thing I know I'm watching an episode of "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team." Hey, what's wrong with a bit of eye candy? They had a professional nutritionist & dietician come on the show, who actually told the ladies that "carbonated beverages cause cellulite". So stay away from sodas, and anything else that has carbonation.

brb, drinking some bubbly water & getting fat from it. The nutritionist lady then proceeded to raid the refrigerators of various women who were having "some potential weight trouble" (not that I could see it), and she started throwing away all kinds of good nutritious foods. If only someone would tell those women the truth, then they wouldn't be so miserable with their "diets" all the time. I felt sorry for them.
    reading **** like this really pisses me off.. i bet that nutritionist will make more money than i ever will being worse at nutrition than i've ever been... effing society..

endofrant
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HeteroticPhenom View Post

What a travesty... it's amazing what these self-proclaimed experts will come up with!
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

of natural evolution HeteroticPhenom's Avatar
    HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeteroticPhenom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    What a travesty... it's amazing what these self-proclaimed experts will come up with!
    Headline articles on sites like Yahoo, et al. often have nutrition/diet content. Oftentimes the kind of stuff I read in there just blows my mind. And for the average person on the internet, things like that are going to be their primary source of info regarding diet & nutrition. You basically get to witness mass misinformation being propagated. And there's really nothing you can do about it.