Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000) drewams is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by galvinandrew View Post
    I understand that. I enjoy the taste of beer too. But if you are serious about losing weight and trying to build muscle, beer drinking should not be in that agenda any where. 1 or 2 beers will not effect your diet, but anything more than that will make it impossible to lose the weight.
    Not impossible, but really difficult yes. I definitely agree. I usually have 2-3. It is my vice. I can turn down junk food all day knowing I am going to go home and crack open a cold beer. I have considered making it a weekend only thing. Just not sure about that. Trying to quit smoking at the moment also. Don't want to take too much away from myself.

bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by galvinandrew View Post
    I understand that. I enjoy the taste of beer too. But if you are serious about losing weight and trying to build muscle, beer drinking should not be in that agenda any where. 1 or 2 beers will not effect your diet, but anything more than that will make it impossible to lose the weight.
    Like most will tell you it's all about staying in a caloric deficit throughout the entire week and stacking good weeks of diet on top of each other. You can lose weight drinking beer trust me, even binge drinking when you are really overweight but you will get to a point where it's not gonna work anymore.

There are studies out there that suggest that alcohol in small amounts is actually beneficial to your health. There are some beer and wines that are rich in antioxidants.

Moderation really is the key, too much of anything literally anything can be bad for your health both mental and physical.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    I can bench press 260 lbs. That's 1.44 times my bodyweight when I set the PR. For you, you'd have to bench 381 lbs to be considered equally strong. And yes, actually me having spent 1000 hours reading on this forum DOES mean I probably know more than you, unless you've spent that much time researching and discussing in other venues. I use an adjustment of 10 lbs per inch. So your equivalent weight for me being 160 is about 180-190.

Nothing I said in my first post warrants a personal attack, but since you did attack me, enjoy some red squares you fat p.o.s. alcoholic.
    this is true OP. I am at upper 180s now...thought I'd be ripped...nope! I have a large frame also. Gonna have to dip below 180.

Kanis - I've typically read 6 or 7 pounds per inch, so it may be even less than what you are saying!
    Stern Crew

Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bdub2283 View Post
    Like most will tell you it's all about staying in a caloric deficit throughout the entire week and stacking good weeks of diet on top of each other. You can lose weight drinking beer trust me, even binge drinking when you are really overweight but you will get to a point where it's not gonna work anymore.

There are studies out there that suggest that alcohol in small amounts is actually beneficial to your health. There are some beer and wines that are rich in antioxidants.

Moderation really is the key, too much of anything literally anything can be bad for your health both mental and physical.
    Turn into an expert OP?

-Makes thread asking how bad for you drinking is to weight loss
    -by page 3 he's giving advice

-Quit being an alcoholic
    -Work out
    -Lose weight
    -Drink a couple beers and be drunk after not drinking and being thinker
    -Stop giving advice until you can back it up
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bdub2283 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bullrider_IL View Post
    Turn into an expert OP?

-Makes thread asking how bad for you drinking is to weight loss
    -by page 3 he's giving advice

-Quit being an alcoholic
    -Work out
    -Lose weight
    -Drink a couple beers and be drunk after not drinking and being thinker
    -Stop giving advice until you can back it up
    Never said I was an expert what so ever.
    I lost 35lbs and was still drinking beer every weekend so obviously you can still lose weight to an extent.

Nothing I said was false and the moderation part is just common sense, no need to highlight parts of my comment and then call me out like I'm claiming to be an expert.

I do have some advice for you though don't be a Douche!!

Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bdub2283 View Post
    Never said I was an expert what so ever.
    I lost 35lbs and was still drinking beer every weekend so obviously you can still lose weight to an extent.

Nothing I said was false and the moderation part is just common sense, no need to highlight parts of my comment and then call me out like I'm claiming to be an expert.

I do have some advice for you though don't be a Douche!!
    You say moderation is key, yet you drink a case of beer on the weekends? That is the funniest statement ever. At 300 pounds it's hard NOT to lose weight. But you are still nowhere near lean. It's like a guy who lost 100 pounds, but still weighs 300 pounds, giving advice on how to get fit. If you haven't done it, sit down, listen to people who have, and get in shape.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So right! I thought this too till I lost some good weight. Always thought at 190 I needed to loose 15 pounds of fat to expose my muscles

Originally Posted by jimsmith9999 View Post
    This is what every fat dude thinks, and every fat dude is mistaken once they lean out. 5'11", ripped at 180-185, you'd have to be built like a bloody advanced bodybuilder to ripped at that weight at your height.
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

Originally Posted by bullrider_IL View Post
    You say moderation is key, yet you drink a case of beer on the weekends? That is the funniest statement ever. At 300 pounds it's hard NOT to lose weight. But you are still nowhere near lean. It's like a guy who lost 100 pounds, but still weighs 300 pounds, giving advice on how to get fit. If you haven't done it, sit down, listen to people who have, and get in shape.
    Ok all I ask is just because I'm new to this forum and the fact that I'm a fat ass right now don't assume I'm completely ignorant in all facets of fitness.

Just because I don't practice moderation in terms of alcohol/beer does not mean I don't understand the concept.

I'm not giving advice just sharing my experience and moderation is key and is common sense to most people even though most people don't practice it in some aspect of their lives.

Like I said no need to call me out, I joined the forum to share my experience and learn more from others but don't assume I know nothing about fitness/training/diet/life/- simply based upon my weekend habits and physical characteristics.

jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000) jayhead000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In my experience beer is only great for an endurance athlete. When I get into the last month of marathon training, I drink or eat everything in sight and still lose significant weight (up to 10 lbs.) It would be more if i didnt drink those empty calories. I can still drink 1-2 times a week (heavy) and not gain too much other times of the year, but I notice that I have more productive workouts if i moderate or cut out the drinking, and of course wieght-loss is easier. This year I want to get to sub 6% so I will probably not drink at all after the 1st, but we will see how that goes. Try some Kava Kava. If you can stand the taste its a great 0-calorie beer substitute, and is seems to have similar positive effects to taking GABA.