Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Multiple-O Sessions

Cleans and jerks and snatches. Of course.

Time to make a journal, since I do actually lift. Putting it here because my current routine is mostly a strength one and I have recently started to work in the Oly lifts, and I think this is the place where those in the know hang out. I started by adding power cleans for fun, without much intention to do more, but dang those lifts are addicting. I’m signed up for a weightlifting club now and the first seminar is in January, and in the meantime there is a reasonably sized contingent of serious recreational O lifters at my gym who have adopted me.

I started lifting in 2009 but took almost two years off due to surgery/moves/entering the grownup work world. Got seriously back on track in June of this year and riding the tail of noob re-gains. My previous routines were hypertrophy/endurance based bodybuilding ones, which I did because I was being told what to do and had no idea anything else was out there

I’m a walking catalogue of former injuries, the most limiting being knee/SI joint problems caused by a perfect storm of existing conformational imbalances and too many years spent distance running without due attention to proper technique. I’m working with a very good physio and chiro to address these problems, and I’ve just been cleared to start conservatively putting weight on my squats. We will see how the progression goes and what this means for how soon I can move from power cleans/snatches to the full versions. Flexibility is not a limiting factor.

I have a bad case of training ADD and I will continue to tweak my routine as I become able to move respectable weight with decent form on the O lifts. For now they're so light that burnout is not really a problem. My routine is looking like this atm:

Day 1
    Core Lift
    Power (for now) Cleans
    Assistance Work
    Deadlifts (once/week - PC's stay light on that day)
    Superset: Rack Jerks/Inverted Rows
    Chin-ups
    OH Squat
    Superset: Kroc Rows/Lat PD

Day 2
    Core Lift
    Bench
    Assistance Work
    Clean Pulls + Snatch Grip Pulls
    DB Inc Bench
    Chest Dips
    Tri OHP
    Ab work

Day 3
    Core Lift
    Power (for now) Snatches
    Assistance Work
    Front Squat
    Back Squat
    Barbell hip thrusts
    Physiotherapy resistance band leg work

I generally run this twice in an eight-day period, with days off intended to be after Day 3. I add extra days off if I need them. Cardio is a mix of some running, pick-up basketball (used to play varsity but those days are long gone), power yoga, and the occasional spin/zumba/step class that my non-lifting friends like to drag me to.

First entries this evening. Feel free to say hi/tell me I'm crazy/ask what a girl is doing here
    training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696161&page=51

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Day 1

This was Tuesday Dec 4.

Power Cleans
    Was higher on these before but form was awful. Deloaded and working back up under the eye of the more experienced lifters.
    45 lbs (just the bar) x2 reps x3 sets for warmup. Added the jerk on the last set for fun.
    55 x2reps x2sets
    65 x2reps x1set
    70 x2reps x1set
    75 x1 - not pretty but it got there. Failed on my second and third attempt so that's a single for now.
    65 x2reps x2sets - dropped back down for working
    55 x2reps x2sets - fatigued form practice

Rack Jerks
    45 x5reps x2sets
    55 x3reps x3sets
    60 x2 reps x1set

Chin-Ups
    5 sets of 5, bodyweight assisted

Kroc Rows/ Lat PD supersets
    35lbs x6reps / 40lbs on the double cable (so works out to 80 total?) x8reps - 4 sets

Ran out of time for OH squats and inverted rows. Oh well. Right SI joint has been bugging me the past few days so probably for the best anyway. Went to see my chiro and he beat me up some so hopefully that will resolve.

Song of the day:

Day 2

Wed Dec 5

Bench
    I have a nasty sticking point right near the bottom. I touch my chest (yes I do full ROM) and then get trapped about 2 inches up on my max sets. My spotter basically touches the bar with a pinky and it flies up and I can make it to lockout with no problems. I've been ending with sets of light quarter reps at the bottom to failure to try and shore up that weakness since it's severely limiting what I can press.
    45lbs(bar) x8reps x1set for w/u
    55 x6reps x1 w/u
    65x 5reps x1set
    70 x1rep x2sets
    75 x2reps w/ minor assistance
    75 x1 unassisted, 2 more reps assisted
    65 x3 no spot
    55 x6 (to failure)
    45 x12-13 bottom quarter reps to failure x3sets

High Pulls
    Meant for form practice/cardio so just the bar. Alternated grip sets.
    3 sets of 5 reps clean grip
    3 sets of 5 reps snatch grip

Incline DB press
    Supersetted with hanging leg raises x12
    25lbs x5reps x1set
    22.5(couldn't get 25 up again, argh) x6reps x2sets

Dips
    Supersetted with ab wheel rollouts x15
    3 sets of 4 reps bodyweight assisted

Tri Cable Pressdown
    Right shoulder been twingeing lately - not sure why - so switched up overheads for straight bar pressdowns tonight.
    30lbs x12reps x4sets

Cardio: 20 mins pyramid jog intervals for warmup and 40 of the same post-lifting.

Song of the day:

xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbed.

nice lifts, and good taste in music
    trying to get strong again

training log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178444371&p=1605861201#post1605861201

For uneventful videos of me lifting
    https://www.instagram.com/jawn.mcintyre/

Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2st, spot for sale. PM if interested.

So what are your goals? I didn't see you mention aesthetics in any way lol, and as far as lifting goals I didn't see specific goals either. Why the interest in lifting in the first place? Why have you injured yourself so much? You mentioned the knee and why . . but you say it yourself.. you're a catalogue of injuries!
    ★★ HELEN SMITH crew ★★
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162070891

MMT
    Help out a brah crew ^_^
    I NEVER CRY BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS FISTING MYSELF (no homo)
    ▄▀▄BALCONYBRAH: Innocent until proven guilty crew▄▀▄

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You make me feel short...

How do you bench? Do you arch, pull your shoulder blades back, tuck your elbows, and use leg drive?
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Oh lawd people actually read this.

Originally Posted by xRequiem View Post
    subbed.

nice lifts, and good taste in music
    Thanks! Less than your warmup, but nowhere to go but up... No house music here

Originally Posted by Alfha View Post
    2st, spot for sale. PM if interested.

So what are your goals? I didn't see you mention aesthetics in any way lol, and as far as lifting goals I didn't see specific goals either. Why the interest in lifting in the first place? Why have you injured yourself so much? You mentioned the knee and why . . but you say it yourself.. you're a catalogue of injuries!
    Aesthetics was the reason I started lifting both times, but after almost two years off pretty much any routine was going to improve the situation. The recommendation for noobs/re-noobs, as I now know, is a heavy low-rep strength program to maximize those initial gains and build a base to lift more in future, whether for strength or hypertrophy. Starting Strength obviously was not going to work for me, since I'm only just ok to start squats, so I was working in power cleans to try to have another lift. I will keep going with this and assess what kind of effect it has on my body composition but so far I am liking it a lot; and it is also nice to have a "sport" of sorts to be training for again. There's a meet in the spring I could look at if all goes well.

Goal for now is to add weight - any amount of weight - to all core lifts on a weekly basis. If I set #'s my ego will get in the way. As for why injuries... accumulated damage from a lifetime of soccer/dance/basketball/running and a stubborn insistence that if I'm going to do something I'm going to go 1000%

Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    You make me feel short...

How do you bench? Do you arch, pull your shoulder blades back, tuck your elbows, and use leg drive?
    Lol you've still got an inch on me, you're good. Or did you mean mr. 6'4 up there?

Yes, yes, yes and sometimes. I was benching like an idiot for a couple months until I got a form critique recently though. And I'm still having trouble translating the leg drive power into the lift - I have to think about it hard and when I do everything else goes to chit. Suggestions?

Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alfha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    Ofcourse they did brah!

Aesthetics was the reason I started lifting both times, but after almost two years off pretty much any routine was going to improve the situation. The recommendation for noobs/re-noobs, as I now know, is a heavy low-rep strength program to maximize those initial gains and build a base to lift more in future, whether for strength or hypertrophy. Starting Strength obviously was not going to work for me, since I'm only just ok to start squats, so I was working in power cleans to try to have another lift. I will keep going with this and assess what kind of effect it has on my body composition but so far I am liking it a lot; and it is also nice to have a "sport" of sorts to be training for again. There's a meet in the spring I could look at if all goes well.

Goal for now is to add weight - any amount of weight - to all core lifts on a weekly basis. If I set #'s my ego will get in the way. As for why injuries... accumulated damage from a lifetime of soccer/dance/basketball/running and a stubborn insistence that if I'm going to do something I'm going to go 1000%

What 'body composition' effects are you talking about?
    It will all go well brah, just stay safe while lifting with correct form and you're in. What does your diet look like? Subbed, keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
    ★★ HELEN SMITH crew ★★

MMT
    Help out a brah crew ^_^

What 'body composition' effects are you talking about?
    It will all go well brah, just stay safe while lifting with correct form and you're in. What does your diet look like? Subbed, keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
    Body fat % ↓
    Lean mass and hnngh muscle definition ↑
    Profit

Lol aware. Diet is IF and IIFYM (with an eye to MMDELAD). Will try to include some details in posts.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lol you've still got an inch on me, you're good. Or did you mean mr. 6'4 up there?

Yes, yes, yes and sometimes. I was benching like an idiot for a couple months until I got a form critique recently though. And I'm still having trouble translating the leg drive power into the lift - I have to think about it hard and when I do everything else goes to chit. Suggestions?
    Well with a thread title like, "Multiple-O Sessions" you are going to attract some curious wanderers. And yes I was talking about you, being only an inch taller than a girl is pretty short. With your Oly shoes you'd be taller than me!

I've always had trouble with leg drive as well, especially timing it right. It just takes practice. I feel like I can get better leg drive the tighter my body is. And I think about driving my body up the bench (horizontal push) while alot people think of driving their body off the bench (vertical push) which causes their butt to come up.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in and I brought protection .. I see you had a few O sessions already without me :'(
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Well with a thread title like, "Multiple-O Sessions" you are going to attract some curious wanderers. And yes I was talking about you, being only an inch taller than a girl is pretty short. With your Oly shoes you'd be taller than me!

I've always had trouble with leg drive as well, especially timing it right. It just takes practice. I feel like I can get better leg drive the tighter my body is. And I think about driving my body up the bench (horizontal push) while alot people think of driving their body off the bench (vertical push) which causes their butt to come up.
    Rofl I don't think there's a huge audience for technical lift training journals on this site. I figure most will hover, see it's a journal, laugh and move on. And you will just have to wear your own Oly shoes around me

I'll give thinking about driving up rather than off a try. And I think part of my sticking point is because I lose tightness at the very bottom.

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    I'm in and I brought protection .. I see you had a few O sessions already without me :'(
    Hai BW!! Had to get started here. But the previews are always boring anyway
    Last edited by izzygrant; 12-07-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Day 3 - Squats are Magic

Spent all day worrying that this session was going to be a failure since my right SI issues hadn't improved. For those who've never had the pleasure, this manifests itself as random lightning bolts of shooting pain/weakness in the glute med. Needless to say this makes glute work dicey. But everything went better than expected...

Power Snatches
    bunch of singles with 30 lb bar
    8 singles with 45lb bar!! - first time I could get the real barbell up to lockout with proper form, aw yeah

Back Squat
    Up till now I have been doing box squats for depth check/balance/to prevent my knees caving in, while I rehab my knee stabilization issues. Warmed up with bodyweight squats and those felt really solid, so I went for it and tried ATG squats with no box and I got them!!! No knee cave and no squatmorning. Kept weight very conservative today (lower than box squats) per physio orders to move up slow, but I'm excited.
    45lbs x6reps x2sets ATG
    50 x 5reps x2 sets ATG
    55 x3reps x1 set ATG

Front Squat
    Same deal, ATG with no box for the first time, lower weight.
    45 x5reps x2 sets
    50 x3reps x2sets
    55 x3reps x1set

Physio Leg Work
    Resistance band side steps
    Clamshells w/ band
    Lying side leg raises

Left out the bb hip thrusts so as not to tempt fate on the SI giving out, but it actually felt way better than it has all week post-squats. Go figure. Proof, if anyone needed it, that squats are magic!

Yoga class, 10 minute jog warmup and 40 minute elliptical post-w/o for cardio.

Song of the day:

Rofl I don't think there's a huge audience for technical lift training journals on this site. I figure most will hover, see it's a journal, laugh and move on. And you will just have to wear your own Oly shoes around me

I'll give thinking about driving up rather than off a try. And I think part of my sticking point is because I lose tightness at the very bottom.
    Yea, that is why I asked how you bench. Because you don't hear about too many elite benchers failing on the chest unless they just took way too high of an attempt. I tend to see failures at the transition point or lockout. People who fail off the chest are either going way too heavy, don't have a proper set up, or don't have proper technique like staying tight and leg drive.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea, that is why I asked how you bench. Because you don't hear about too many elite benchers failing on the chest unless they just took way too high of an attempt. I tend to see failures at the transition point or lockout. People who fail off the chest are either going way too heavy, don't have a proper set up, or don't have proper technique like staying tight and leg drive.
    that's maybe because you are looking at geared lifters , plenty of raw lifters fail at the press command it just depends whether you have a chest or tri weakness
    you have to assume elite lifter do have a proper set up and technique but the word fail implies that something went wrong in the first place regardless where you fail

Body fat % ↓
    Lean mass and hnngh muscle definition ↑
    Profit

Lol aware. Diet is IF and IIFYM (with an eye to MMDELAD). Will try to include some details in posts.
    Great, so you lift heavy because you like it etc, and watchout your diet bro for the aesthetics. Alfha approved!
    I wasn't aware on mmdelad lol. IIFYM ftw!

Regarding your lift today... does the pain come like in the moment you're lifting? Or afterwards? Is it like pain in the muscle or does it like... takes the strength away and you simply lose control over it? I have back problems and back doctors have prohibited me from squatting by gave me the ok to leg press.

edit: and inb4 you spot "wretch 32" at the gym
    ★★ HELEN SMITH crew ★★

MMT
    Help out a brah crew ^_^

and the occasional spin/zumba/step class that my non-lifting friends like to drag me to.
    negged ......

that's maybe because you are looking at geared lifters , plenty of raw lifters fail at the press command it just depends whether you have a chest or tri weakness
    you have to assume elite lifter do have a proper set up and technique but the word fail implies that something went wrong in the first place regardless where you fail
    Nope. I mostly follow raw lifters on YouTube as much as I can. And it seems like it's always that 2-board and up region. But it could just be a coincidence of the lifters I follow/have seen bench.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

Nope. I mostly follow raw lifters on YouTube as much as I can. And it seems like it's always that 2-board and up region. But it could just be a coincidence of the lifters I follow/have seen bench.
    most definitely a coincidence I couldn't tell you a percentage but I've seen bench fails at all different positions

Great, so you lift heavy because you like it etc, and watchout your diet bro for the aesthetics. Alfha approved!
    I wasn't aware on mmdelad lol. IIFYM ftw!

Regarding your lift today... does the pain come like in the moment you're lifting? Or afterwards? Is it like pain in the muscle or does it like... takes the strength away and you simply lose control over it? I have back problems and back doctors have prohibited me from squatting by gave me the ok to leg press.

edit: and inb4 you spot "wretch 32" at the gym
    MMDELAD = micros matter, don't eat like a dumbass

The SI pain is not just when I'm lifting (in fact when I am doing the actual lift, for the most part, I don't notice it), it hangs around all day. Sometimes it just feels "sticky" sore, sometimes it is a random jab that takes the strength away and I have to get some weight off it asap. But sometimes it goes away and is not a problem at all. Injuries suck. I foam roll and stretch religiously.

No squatting eh? What about deads? I tend to be skeptical of the advice of doctors who aren't versed in lifting - their advice will always be "oh, just don't do that (I don't know why you would want to, anyway)" Not that you should risk further damaging yourself but it would be nice to know if it's just alarmism.

Lol. I'm carrying a spoon from now on so y'all know I'm not frauding!

negged ......
    I deserve it, I know... the things I do to keep my friends...

Day 1

Lifts
    Power Cleans
    One of the more experienced lifters was watching me pretty closely today so no form cheating. My form is actually very good on the warmup weights, but I hit a mental block around 70. As soon as there are anything more than 10's on the bar I freak out, rip it off the ground and chuck it way out in front of me, OR go too slow, overthink it and don't get enough momentum to pop it up. Sometimes I muscle it up anyway but it isn't right. And I don't have enough juice for a million attempts so I have to drop it back down for form work, which is fine but it intensifies the mental block around those numbers
    45 lbs x a bunch for warmups
    55 x2reps x1sets
    65 x2reps x2sets
    70 x a bunch of singles
    65 singles
    60 x2 x a million sets

Chin-Ups
    3 sets of 10, bodyweight assisted

Kroc Rows/Inverted Row supersets
    32.5lb x6reps / 10reps - 3 sets

Barbell Bi Curls
    30lb x10reps x3sets

Spent about an hour fighting with the cleans (dumb, I know) and was beat so dropped the rack jerks/OH squat and lat PD for today. Finished with curls instead, lol. Will do the jerks/squats on Day 2 this time around.

Cardio: 10 minute jog warmup and dragged out to do some weird Parkour chit after

Food
    Diet, as mentioned, is IF, because that's how I like to eat naturally and training fasted always goes much better for me. 20 hour fast/4 hour eating window. IIFYM, because I don't like "can't"s, but I honestly don't find myself wanting much junk. I can't remember the last time I ate fast food. Post-workout today I fell face-first into greek yogurt mixed with ON cookies and cream whey - what did I do before greek yogurt??

Song of the day:

I deserve it, I know... the things I do to keep my friends...
    lucky I'm on spread

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Diet, as mentioned, is IF, because that's how I like to eat naturally and training fasted always goes much better for me. 20 hour fast/4 hour eating window. IIFYM, because I don't like "can't"s, but I honestly don't find myself wanting much junk. I can't remember the last time I ate fast food. Post-workout today I fell face-first into greek yogurt mixed with ON cookies and cream whey - what did I do before greek yogurt??
    OMG this is currently my fave snack! LUSH! Cookies and cream recently became avbailable over here so I went and got a tub It's nice half scoop of cookies with half scoop of choc!

Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    OMG this is currently my fave snack! LUSH! Cookies and cream recently became avbailable over here so I went and got a tub It's nice half scoop of cookies with half scoop of choc!
    I know right?! Best ever. I have tried with half vanilla ice cream/half C&C and that is pretty damn delish but I will have to try chocolate too. I'm currently on the hunt for a good-tasting white chocolate protein because I love white chocolate. ON only seems to make it in 5 lb tubs and that's a pretty big commitment. I want to try Trutein but they won't send their sample pack to Canada

Day 2 - asdfjkl

Saturday Dec 8

Bench
    I wanted 80 today. I really thought I had it. Leg drive sometimes felt like it came through, sometimes not. Spotter's criticism was that with the heavier weight I wasn't controlling it well on the way down and making problems for myself because I ended up not being tight on the way up. Thinking about pushing myself away from the bar rather than vice versa seems to help with this.
    45 x10reps w/u
    55 x6reps w/u
    65 x5reps
    70 x3reps
    75 x2reps - felt super solid/easyish
    80 - three attempts at 1 rep. failed on them all. a bit higher than usual failure point - about 3 inches off chest/at transition
    65 x3reps to check form and get confidence back
    80 - two attempts, failed at transition. fuuuuuuuuuuuuu I'm so mad!!!!!!!!
    65 x3reps
    70 x3reps
    55 x10reps x2 sets super slow to work through fatigue at transition point

OH Squats
    Since I left these out yesterday. Tried with the 45 barbell and almost fell on my face, lol. Not yet.
    30lbs x5reps ATG x4sets

Incline DB Press
    Having trouble getting the 25s off my knees to start - probably beat from the flat bench. Added reps and sets at the lower weight though.
    22.5 x7reps x3sets

And a couple games of pickup basketball.

Song of the Day
    Last edited by izzygrant; 12-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Solid looking sessions and everytime I miss a clean it is always because I get inside my own head too much and go too slow.

I have to remind myself that I'm never going to the Olympics, so even if my form is off a bit I am still getting a lot of benefit and USUALLY I manage to rack it the next time around.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So IN!!!!

OMG I <3 the Foos! Saw them in concert and fell madly in love with Dave .... sumpthn' 'bout a rock star.

So I don't do oly lifts and actually am not a fan of them but I will come in here and root and cheer and probably go off topic

Happy you have a journal!!!
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Solid looking sessions and everytime I miss a clean it is always because I get inside my own head too much and go too slow.

I have to remind myself that I'm never going to the Olympics, so even if my form is off a bit I am still getting a lot of benefit and USUALLY I manage to rack it the next time around.
    This is true, I am terrible perfectionist. I just need to make sure I am close enough to proper form that I am doing the lift right - e.g. on "heavy" pulls I use my arms and do the retarded reverse curl thing because I am psyching myself out about not getting it up. It looks TOTALLY different from my form at 65

Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    So IN!!!!

OMG I <3 the Foos! Saw them in concert and fell madly in love with Dave .... sumpthn' 'bout a rock star.

So I don't do oly lifts and actually am not a fan of them but I will come in here and root and cheer and probably go off topic

Happy you have a journal!!!
    Hi CF, welcome to the partay!!

You... don't like... Oly lifts?!?!?! Well I am going to have to get some video up here and just change your mind because of how fun I make them look

"Rest" Day

Dec 9

Woke up with SI feeling pretty darn good. Ran an easy little 5k for cardio. Then did a whole bunch of snatches/cleans with a feather-light aluminum bar. One of the guys I train with had me set up for snatches facing the bars of the power rack, about a foot away, so I HAD to keep the bar on a straight path. After whacking myself a few time I got the hang of it and the flip felt very natural. Some abs too since I left those out the other day

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This is true, I am terrible perfectionist. I just need to make sure I am close enough to proper form that I am doing the lift right - e.g. on "heavy" pulls I use my arms and do the retarded reverse curl thing because I am psyching myself out about not getting it up. It looks TOTALLY different from my form at 65

Hi CF, welcome to the partay!!

You... don't like... Oly lifts?!?!?! Well I am going to have to get some video up here and just change your mind because of how fun I make them look
    Maybe if I see vids and you're awesome socks then I will try. But only if I can wear awesome lifting socks too!

Dec 9

Woke up with SI feeling pretty darn good. Ran an easy little 5k for cardio. Then did a whole bunch of snatches/cleans with a feather-light aluminum bar. One of the guys I train with had me set up for snatches facing the bars of the power rack, about a foot away, so I HAD to keep the bar on a straight path. After whacking myself a few time I got the hang of it and the flip felt very natural. Some abs too since I left those out the other day

Sounds like a great "rest" day
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20