m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Custom made my Swiss bar

I had a 6' bar talked to a friend who has a workshop gave him my drawing and measurements the result was a fantastic Swiss bar, I tried it for bench press, for bar row and shoulder press its great. Here are some pictures:
    Attached Images

Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by m6305 View Post
    I had a 6' bar talked to a friend who has a workshop gave him my drawing and measurements the result was a fantastic Swiss bar, I tried it for bench press, for bar row and shoulder press its great. Here are some pictures:
    That looks great!

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)

How much was the cost of material and labor?

P.S. You can embed your picture by putting its url into [img][/img].

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did you cut up an existing Olympic bar to make that? The sleeves look a little too professional for the entire thing to be a custom metal job.

It looks nice. I once owned a more traditional Swiss bar (where the grip area is one giant rectangle instead of two) and found it to be cumbersome to use, particularly for overhead pressing work. Having the "cutout" in the center of just a straight piece of bar makes a huge difference and is less awkward to use. Your friend does good work.

UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks good, I made my own also.I made one with thick grips. I cant post pics but you can check my ******** pics to see them.I build all my own equipment.
    Check out my Ebay Listings-
    http://myworld.ebay.com/undergroundtraining
    Official Website http://www.UG-TRAINING.COM
    Check out my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/UTCFitness
    Photos of my equipment http://www.********.com/undergroundtraining
    Contact me on FB or Ebay concerning my equipment
    Follow us on Twitter
    http://www.twitter.com/UGtraining

m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Josephbd View Post
    That looks great!
    Thanks and actually it feels great too, just the way I wanted my swiss bar

Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    How much was the cost of material and labor?

P.S. You can embed your picture by putting its url into [img][/img].
    The guy is my friend so it was free but he told me it costs around 100 $. Thanks

Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Did you cut up an existing Olympic bar to make that? The sleeves look a little too professional for the entire thing to be a custom metal job.

It looks nice. I once owned a more traditional Swiss bar (where the grip area is one giant rectangle instead of two) and found it to be cumbersome to use, particularly for overhead pressing work. Having the "cutout" in the center of just a straight piece of bar makes a huge difference and is less awkward to use. Your friend does good work.
    Yes I had a 6' bar which I wasnt using and did the cutting and provided Ironmaster straight curl bar which also I wast using. I did the swiss bar this way exactly for the reason you mentioned and I did the shoulder press and bar row both are very comfortable. The bar came out the way I imagined it, its well balanced and the distance between grips are the way I liked them to be.

heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heater999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sweet I never heard of a swiss bar before... looks nice

Originally Posted by heater999 View Post
    sweet I never heard of a swiss bar before... looks nice
    Thanks here is when I added some grips, because the grip handles were a bit thinner than the bar itself.

Attached Images

tbcofer1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What dimensions did you use? I would like to do that