Bigfishlittle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi guys and gals help with prep for first contest June 2013

Hey

I just wondered if I could get some critique & advice ready for next year! Thanks in advance for all comments.

So here goes

I have been training 3-4 years but most newbie style of chest and arms lol. Until this year where squats dead lifts and so on have come into play and believe or not I really enjoy them.

I'm 6ft and 16.4 stone or 230lbs how ever you prefer it, my lean body mass is roughly 13.6 stone so as you can already see I carry a bit too much fat.

So first few questions for you are! I'm wondering the best way to get the most out of the next 3 weeks or so before I start trying to drop the body fat.

Next is do you think January 2nd is to early to start dieting ready for June?

Also this is a big one ready for jan, as for dieting after Christmas should I remove all junk food in jan and then lower carbs in feb then drop them in march or do I just jump straight in the deep end and drop it all in January?

Sorry if any of these questions seem dumb but I have never done this before,

Just a few notes, I am natural and it is a natural comp and I would like to add I'm 23 and I want to do the best I can in the comp but I do not expect to win it this year is going to be a massive learning curve towards the years to come of competitions but I need to start learning massively now.

Once again cheers for your time

D

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The longer u give yourself the better. I had dropped 50+ lbs for a show in about 18 weeks and while it was possible, it was tough. I would say u want 22-24 weeks to prep.

Read all you can on the subject as there are a variety of ways to get from point A to point B. Many first timers elect to hire a prep coach to help manage their diet, cardio, posing, etc. Thats up to you though. Folks like myself and others on this board are in the business of providing personalized prep plans if so inclined.

Good luck to you!

Stan

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stan is pretty much dead on. 22-24 weeks will give you plenty of time to be ready, and maybe even be ready EARLY!

If you want a prep coach, Stan has several clients, as well as Paul Revelia, Layne Norton, and Brian Ahlstrom. If you want to go it alone then check out these articles on how to construct a contest diet and how to handle peak week (in fact, check them out anyway):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layn...peak-week.html

Bigfishlittle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replys I have read the articles provided ( much appreciated ). It seems I have a lot of hard work to ahead of me. Thanks for the info on the prep coach but I'm gonna give it a go on my own as it will be a big a hievement for me even if I'm not 100% at the end of it. I have given up smoking this year so to manage this aswell would just be all out personal achievement for me if that makes sence

Ill be starting a post some where to track all my progress of my first time ill add pictures of my current and every so often for my progress if anyone is interested to look

Cheers again

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Best of luck, man! Make sure you go check out everyone else's logs here too. They have some good info in them and can be a really great support system.