kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

8 lbs in 6 days??

Hello everyone, On november 29th i weighed in at 193. Now this morning i weigh in at 183. How is this possible. Over the past 6 days i have been on a 1800 calories diet with 200 grams of protein and 70 grams of fat, and i have been lifting using the GST training method (microcycle 4, using 90% of my 1rm) and all of my lifts have gone up, so i dont think i lost much muscle. I was 17% bf at 193, now i dont know what i am at now but i notice that my pouch has gotten smaller. I plan on staying on this diet until i reach 175 or around 9% bf, so can anyone help me determine my maintenance calories based on the information i just gave you? and can anyone explain to me how i have lost so much weight in such a short amount of time.

thanks

krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krayzietalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mostly water weight, with maybe 1-3 lbs of fat/muscle lost.

kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmankolb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    but i havent been neglected to drink water... in fact i have been drinking around a gallon everyday.

Thanks for the information though!

[300 Spartan BeastSlayer] KyleMQuinn's Avatar
    KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KyleMQuinn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kmankolb View Post
    but i havent been neglected to drink water... in fact i have been drinking around a gallon everyday.

Drinking more water helps with water weight because you're flushing it through your system. Also you may want to increase calories. Try 2000 for a week and see where you're at.

To determine your calories/macros go into the Losing fat sub forum and there is a sticky that says "Calculating Calories and Macros" or something like that. Read though it and use the calculation that it gives (gives 3 but choose the second or third depending on the information you know) and just follow that. Pretty straightforward. If you are working out your caloric intake should be above 2000cals. More like 2300-2500 to lose weight. Mine is 3000 to lose weight.
    American Patriot
    Moderate Republican Crew

Originally Posted by KyleMQuinn View Post
    Drinking more water helps with water weight because you're flushing it through your system. Also you may want to increase calories. Try 2000 for a week and see where you're at.
    Im trying to lose weight though, why would i add more calories?

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can't make any predictions the from the first week of dieting, as the weight loss is almost always disproportionate to what you will see in following weeks. As stated above, the initial hit of water/glycogen/food in gut weight is predominant, actual tissue loss much less. I can often lose 4-6 lbs in a week by simply by cutting way back on the carbs, yet remain unchanged from a fat mass perspective.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Loss of "water weight" isn't from not drinking tons of water. It's from depleting some of the glycogen stored in your muscles and liver. Stored glycogen requires a lot of water (like three parts water to one part glycogen), and losing the glycogen means losing a significant amount of water.

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    You can't make any predictions the from the first week of dieting, as the weight loss is almost always disproportionate to what you will see in following weeks. As stated above, the initial hit of water/glycogen/food in gut weight is predominant, actual tissue loss much less. I can often lose 4-6 lbs in a week by simply by cutting way back on the carbs, yet remain unchanged from a fat mass perspective.
    So you are saying, base my weight change off of my 2nd to 3rd week of dieting, not so much the first week??

Loss of "water weight" isn't from not drinking tons of water. It's from depleting some of the glycogen stored in your muscles and liver. Stored glycogen requires a lot of water (like three parts water to one part glycogen), and losing the glycogen means losing a significant amount of water.
    good to know.. thanks

So you are saying, base my weight change off of my 2nd to 3rd week of dieting, not so much the first week??
    Yes, but I think 1800 kcals/day might be starting out aggressively for a guy your size. I lose ~ 1lb/week @ ~1950 kcals, and I am considerably lighter.

Yes, but I think 1800 kcals/day might be starting out aggressively for a guy your size. I lose ~ 1lb/week @ ~1950 kcals, and I am considerably lighter.
    good to know, thank you for the info.

jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello everyone, On november 29th i weighed in at 193. Now this morning i weigh in at 183. How is this possible. Over the past 6 days i have been on a 1800 calories diet with 200 grams of protein and 70 grams of fat, and i have been lifting using the GST training method (microcycle 4, using 90% of my 1rm) and all of my lifts have gone up, so i dont think i lost much muscle. I was 17% bf at 193, now i dont know what i am at now but i notice that my pouch has gotten smaller. I plan on staying on this diet until i reach 175 or around 9% bf, so can anyone help me determine my maintenance calories based on the information i just gave you? and can anyone explain to me how i have lost so much weight in such a short amount of time.

thanks
    Like others have said, short term drastic weight fluctuations are typically mostly water weight. Several pounds can also be accounted for based on bowel movement timing, if you weighed yourself before or after working out, meals, etc. Track weight change over weeks not days for accuracy.

Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000)
    pretty sure 193 to 183 is 10 lbs?
    ~Barefooters Crew~

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level" - Bruce Lee

“It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
    ― Bruce Lee

“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.”
    - Bruce Lee

RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian

jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes please read and follow the instruction from that post that KyleMQuinn mentioned. It will save you from any costly mistake. From 193 pounds, unless you have a very high body fat percentage, 1800 cal is nowhere near a level to maintain your current amount of muscle. If you haven't figured out how much body fat you have, then it will be tricky calculating the amount of cal to eat everyday. And IMHO, trying to lose fat without knowing the right amount of cal to eat is very risky since you'll end up losing the hard-earned muscle.

Forum»Specifically For You»Female Bodybuilding»Nutrition and Supplements» Calculating Calorie and Macronutrient Needs
    (sorry I can post link on here yet, but the above should get you to that article)

Also, I'd recommend leangains.com as a good source of information. You should be able to read through the blog in a few days. Martin Berkhan is not a joke, and you can see how popular his method is from doing a quick search on this forum. I'm not saying you have to follow his method, but I'm suggesting you read through his articles, because you will still learn a lot from that.

Originally Posted by KyleMQuinn View Post

To determine your calories/macros go into the Losing fat sub forum and there is a sticky that says "Calculating Calories and Macros" or something like that. Read though it and use the calculation that it gives (gives 3 but choose the second or third depending on the information you know) and just follow that. Pretty straightforward. If you are working out your caloric intake should be above 2000cals. More like 2300-2500 to lose weight. Mine is 3000 to lose weight.

according to that post, and using my original weight and bf% i should be eating 2300 calories a day. Is that accurate? i mean, did i do it right? considering that i currently weigh 183 did i use the proper weight as a calculator.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)

taking in more water allows the body to let go of more water. when you drink less water, your body holds onto it. - at least thats the broscience.

Xuco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it possible you decreased your carb intake so low that your body is in ketogenic mode?
    its possible to loose weight that fast.

birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The same thing happened to me on my first week of cutting. I went from 209 to 202. Then I gained 2 lbs back the next week. This 3rd week I am 203. It was weird, every morning when I weighed, I was down another pound the first week. I was like, this losing weight stuff is easy, LOL. All I know is, I better be 202 Monday morning.
    Currently cutting