Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Matt B is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Fast Metabolism- Good or Bad?

I do have a very fast metabolism, some aspects about it good, some bad. I really think it gives me a harder time trying to gain mass and bulk up but it also allows me to keep a consistant weight and body fat percentage and I won't be punished for cheating diet every now and then.

So, what do you guys think? Would you prefer to have a fast metabolism or not?

Stats: 6'0", 208 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6497
    Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byrne89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Byrne89's BodySpace
    if you wanted to gain wait- NO i would hate it
    if you didnt want to gain any fat- Yes i would love it

i think it's a great thing and i dont think it will have an effect on your muscle mass

Stats: 6'3", 230 lbs
    BodyPoints: 7056
    colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000) colinosmar123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit colinosmar123's BodySpace
    Its not really a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing. There are opposing negatives and positives that counterbalance each other.

1. Your going to be very lean all year round.
    2. Your going to be able to eat more calorically dense foods and wont have to cut as hard as someone with a slow or average metabolism.

However.

1. Your going to gain muscle far more slowly, and will have a difficult time eating enough to keep gaining.
    2. Chances are your ectomorphic, or if your lucky ecto/meso. What this means is you probably have narrow shoulders, a small ribcage, thin legs, and a rectangular shpaed body. All negatives for bodybuilding, however these can all be worked on and improved, many ecto or ecto/meso bodytypes have been champions.

In short you wont have to work as hard in dieting, but youll have to work alot harder in bulking. And youll have to work alot harder to make substantial mass gains.

I have a moderately fast metabolism, and am a meso/endo. I prefer this really as it allows me to have long intense workouts, be able to recover and grow from them, allows me a little leniency in my diet, and allows me to grow from a manageable amount of calories. Only real downside is i need to do a ton of cardio for cutting, which gets tedious. Plus if i ever quit bodybuilding (dont think i will, its the high point of my day and ive loved it for a year and a half now.) chances are id end up overweight and out of shape if i wasnt careful about what i eat.
    Last edited by colinosmar123; 02-16-2007 at 10:18 PM.