Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceemart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    power clean tutorial! and more meal videos!

strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    awesome thread. post some big snatches and C&Js on your channel BTBAM!

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by emerica1184 View Post
    Push press vs overhead press. What's your take on this article?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...pendlay_secret
    I read that article awhile back, and like it very much. I respect Pendlay a great deal as a coach and person. He has done a huge amount for O-lifting in the US.

That being said, I agree that the push press is an invaluable exercise. The problem is, most people are performing it incorrectly. The strict standing press is easier to do, both mechanically and technically. For the push press, a person should focus on being able to keep the shoulders in external rotation, while having the bar rested securely in the front rack position. From there, they need to learn how to dip back straight on the heels and provide explosive force through the quadriceps - keeping the torso upright and hips vertically aligned, with no forward or backward movement. The bar should be accelerated forcefully up and slightly back, to get the bar locked securely BEHIND the head (as the head should be driven through) and thus, the bar supported mostly by the upper back.

If a person can do this correctly, then learning to push press big weights will translate well to many other athletic abilities. It teaches how to explosively drive with the hips and legs, reverse direction, transfer load from the legs to the hips to the arms through the body and core, and translate force from the ground up. Not only that, but a big push press is bad ass.

Originally Posted by Lafakad View Post
    BTBAM what do you do for a living? Is that your own place?

Also any tips for someone that wants to get into Oly lifting to build a hoooge back!
    I sell insurance brah. Yeah that garage is my little gym sanctuary.

Tips for Oly lifting:
    -drill technique is often as possible at the beginning of your workout
    -figure out where you are tight or inflexible and make a plan to fix that (by stretching rigorously)
    -perform the movements at the beginning of your workout
    -always remember - position is power! If you are losing position at some point in the lift, it is robbing you of the strength you are trying to exhibit

Originally Posted by Ceemart View Post
    power clean tutorial! and more meal videos!
    Power clean tutorial very soon! My wrist is healing up and I am excited to get back on track!

Originally Posted by strengthsthetic View Post
    awesome thread. post some big snatches and C&Js on your channel BTBAM!
    Wrist healing, so vids soon my friend thank you for the bump!
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

Registered User johnnyapplesack's Avatar
    johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyapplesack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you had the choice would you rather put your dihk in a blender or swallow a bunch of razors?

I'm genuinely curious op

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Power clean
    Snatch
    OH squat
    High pulls
    Hangs
    Proper warm ups/stretches before and after
    etc
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When I do heavy front squats (heavy for me lol) my elbows tend to drop at the bottom, I'm able to resist this but sometimes it becomes too hard, I know this is a core strength issue.

What are some exercises suitable for weightlifters who want a stronger core?

Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How did you like the new Circle of Contempt ep? Blew my mind

NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NarcoticAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What did you get arrested for?

Also PRs of any kind with lifts or athleticism markers? What r they?

aussie_tank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi There BTBAM

thanks for answering my quesitons a couple of weeks ago.

I have a few more questions
    1. About two months ago, i strained the piriformis muscle (the one in my ass) while doing machine SLDL. The pain is only in one arse cheek and does not run down the side of my body (i do feel a little pain when standing up from a seated position, and also if sitting down for too long). Unfortunately, the pain hasnt gone away. The pain does not affect my front or back squat, however i cannot do any SLDL, as it just hurts my arse and hte pain flares up even more the next day. Have you ever experienced any of this pain and how should i go about fixing it? (NOTE: i frequently stretch, nearly every day).

2. (in connection with Q1 somewhat), since i have fixed my squat form and now squat ATG (all thanks to your videos/posts), i feel that my glutes/hammies are the weak link in my squat. Is this a common problem? What (if any) assistance exercises should i do to strengthen my glutes/hammies so i can improve my back squat (as above i have been religiously following your stretching recommendations and frequently stretch my glutes/hammes). As mentioned in Q1, i cannot at the moment do any sort of SLDL

Currently (After fixing my squat form) i can only squat 115kg 6reps, and i am soooo DETERMINED (with your help along the way) to get that to 315 x 6 (3 plates per side)

Thanks again BTBAM, i really appreciate the time you spend to help people out. It is unfortunate that some people ask you totally irrelevant questions (non-training) which just clutters up such an informative thread

FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10) FilthyPube is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Really really really need you to drop some advice on preventing injuries. Been facing an elbow problem since 2 months now. Plus, I can anticipate a knee problem in the near future as well, as my knees are starting to hurt a little bit as well. And my lifts are only beginner-intermediate level yet! So please any advice on remaining injury safe, so that I may continue with my progress smoothly, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    *Don't smile at children otherwise people would think I'm a ***** Crew
    *Get random thoughts of randomly grabbing random people's asses on random streets* Crew
    *Just smile and nod my head to make the other person think I'm actually listening to them* Crew
    *Eat alone as otherwise people would get to know that I'm consciously trying to gain weight and jugde me to be an insecure ******** Crew
    *I want to cum all over CamelJockey's bald head and make it shine* Crew

slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) slapaho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been having pain behind the knee at the bottom of a full squat and I feel it the most right as I'm getting out of the hole. It only seems to hurt with back squats, not front squats. I've searched online and it seems it is a fairly common issue but nobody gives any real advice on how to treat it.

any idea on how I can address this problem?

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh lawd those stretches for front squats..

I was like:
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Blender recipes!?!
    …we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe

HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    do a push press vid!
    SMBC

Power Level: Over 9000 Workout4ever's Avatar
    Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in terms of squat , give me quick simple tips like

- push through your heels
    - back straight
    - chest up

etc. , adjust these 'tips' above if needed

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by slapaho View Post
    I've been having pain behind the knee at the bottom of a full squat and I feel it the most right as I'm getting out of the hole. It only seems to hurt with back squats, not front squats. I've searched online and it seems it is a fairly common issue but nobody gives any real advice on how to treat it.

any idea on how I can address this problem?
    Real quick without making a video, my advice is to stretch and roll the calves/ ankles heavily. If you have a baseball or LAX ball, place your calf over that and flex/extend the ankle and really focus on relaxing the calf around the ball and digging deep to loosen up the muscle and release the fascia, restore those gliding surfaces. Do the same for the low hamstring right on the other side of the knee, except sit on the ball on the edge of a chair that way you can swing the lower leg back and forth. Hope this makes sense!

Originally Posted by Jesse_l_g View Post
    Blender recipes!?!
    This a good one, will have to do a video for a go to bulkin' shake for me!
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yo dawg. I'm a big fan of your channel (subbed etc). I have a couple questions for you.

I try to squat at least 3x a week. One volume, one heavy, one moderate/speedwork/chains/whatever I feel like. My main goal is to increase leg strength and speed for hockey. I used to only back-squat, but I randomly switched to front squat and saw some huge strength gains, especially out of the hole. I've recently plateaued at ~285 front squat and started incorporating back squat again. My numbers jumped up quite a bit, so I want to start mixing them into my routine.

What's your opinion on front-squats vs back-squats for sports? Any idea of how I should program them in?

My last inquiry is more of an observation. As I get closer to 100% of my 1rm with fs or bs, I feel like I have trouble putting the power through my legs. It feels like my core or my hips are holding me back. Any suggestions to increase core/hip/upper-back stability? Here's a recent vid to show what I'm talking about. (note the hip movement on the second rep).

thanks breh.

piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100) piedog is not very well liked. (-100)
    got any good tips for getting RDL's to hit the glutes hard instead of the hammies?

benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i read in your blog about your program, sounds pretty good and will probably try it when i can exercise in a normal gym.
    do you know anyone else who does a program similar to yours who got good results like yourself(from the aspect of leaning and building muscle)?

when i try to squat/hips opener, my right foot for some reason doesn't stay flat on the floor(doing it barefoot). any suggestions on how i can make it stay flat without arching when squatting with feet forward or when doing hip openers?
    *i often find myself bending the toes on my right foot for no apparent reason, i think that this is what causing the problem. any suggestions on how to go about it?

btw, big fan of yours since last summer when you posted the thread about you only doing compounds and where it got you.

subbed
    ~SCC Crew~
    2014 goals:
    -visit usa
    -get ripped
    -lose virginity
    -get rid of all of my health problems
    -handstand for 30 seconds no wall

IRepBack

-*In Memory of Guy Boyland a Warrior,Friend and a Brother whose life cut short by Hammas - R.I.P*-

lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50) lulzGermany will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey man!

How does your routine look like when you are not on a cut? Do you mix different training styles or how do you get so strong while building solid mass? Tell me your secret wizard
    ***Misc 5/3/1 Crew***

Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000) Rodier21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What routine would you suggest for hypertrophy?

P/P/L PHAT Upper/Lower or Fullybody

Let's make some gains Carter770's Avatar
    Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What do you think about Elliott Hulse?

What do you think about the Twins?

What do you think about CT?

What do you think about Babyslayer?
    N.O. Saints Crew

Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50) Facewithmace will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thought I was gonna be asking Between The Buried and Me anything. Somewhat disappointed.