Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50) DATlift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    This. Took me almost three months to fully adapt to full oly training and during that time I was basically miserable. Triple your fish oil dose, it helped me a ton.
    dat feel. feelsbadman

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by huntito View Post
    I agree that when you're first starting out you need some cues to help, but when you over-think it you wind up clarking, slowing down, missing etc too much. That's what the assistance exercises like pulls, high pulls, OHS, hang snatches/cleans are for. Do those that way you can focus on 1 cue at a time, then when the time comes to put them all together in the full lift it is muscle memory.

Pulls cue: get your hips through by getting on your toes
    OHS cue: keep everything nice and tight, especially your rhomboids, when the bar is overhead. Push against the bar
    hang snatches cue: work on speed and a smooth transition from end of 1st to beginning of 2nd pull
    full snatch: put it all together like a beautiful macaroni painting

Cliffs:

Don't think, just do

No mind brah... No mind

If you're taking cheap Costco brand fish oils (or whatever the off-brand is where you're from), it's more like 20/day (srs)
    Look at the back of the label for EPA and DHA which is what you really want in fish oil. Crappy brands only have 300mg per pill, the rest is just fat. So if you take 2,000mg a day for joint health, that's around 6 pills a day. Triple that when you're feeling ****ty and that's around 18 pills a day... lol

Good luck with your fish oil goals of 2012
    I love that movie! Probably my favorite one (srs)!

I'm surely over-thinking. I'll remind myself about Tom Cruise getting his ass kick next time

I never looked at the EPA/DHA of my fish oil. It's a cheap brand so it is surely low. It's time to bump up the consumption.

Originally Posted by nova6868 View Post
    I have seen some Crossfit/Paleo people who take like 10-15 capsules per day.

I don't know of any evidence to support that; seems crazy to me. Not to mention expensive. Most of the literature seems to support 2-3 grams (most capsules are about a gram) per day.
    I think my pills are 1g each, for I guess 50% of the weight came from the hard capsule.

Originally Posted by 62Wolf View Post
    Have been lifting for a loonngg time, but never really spent much time on Oly lifting. Thought I'd dip into it a bit @ a month ago and it was like another world. Like you said, the neck and traps were speaking to me 24/7 for the first couple of weeks. I just ordered my 1st pair of Oly shoes as I'm finding this very rewarding and although I'm pretty strong in BB movements, this has taken me up to another level. I found that hitting a protein blend of fast and slow protein right before (@30 min) I worked out helped a lot. Right after, I'd down a quick carb (like a couple Fig Newtons) along with a whey protein drink. That seemed to do the trick as far as helping out with recovery.
    I dont bother myself much with meal timing, but I guess it can not hurt to try it! I will try these next weeks and see if I feel any differences. Thx for the input
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
    It's normal. Welcome to weightlifting.

Eat more + sleep more + foam roll more + lax ball more + ibuprofen more + nut up.

Your joints and tendons will eventually get used to it. Eventually.
    Couldn't have said it better. GJDM.

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hope you guys are not serious about taking ibuprofen/nsaid regularly or even prn(for training)

Ice, 20 minutes plus wrap.
    Last edited by GetHimABodyBag; 12-13-2012 at 11:27 AM.

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
    It's normal. Welcome to weightlifting.

Eat more + sleep more + foam roll more + lax ball more + ibuprofen more + nut up.

Your joints and tendons will eventually get used to it. Eventually.
    Ibuprofen inhibits the health and recovery of those joints, tendons, and ligaments.
    Could mask up a possible injury.
    Irreversible organ damage.
    Ulcers and internal bleeding.
    Hard on your body and unnecessary for an athlete. Tylenol is just as bad.
    Stop with the misuse of these OTC drugs.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GetHimABodyBag View Post
    Ibuprofen inhibits the health and recovery of those joints, tendons, and ligaments.
    Could mask up a possible injury.
    Irreversible organ damage.
    Ulcers and internal bleeding.
    Hard on your body and unnecessary for an athlete. Tylenol is just as bad.
    Stop with the misuse of these OTC drugs.
    Please aware me. I've been thought (by physiotherapists and kinesiologists) that after the inflammatory phase (2-4 days after injury), ibuprophen is good and will get rid of the inflammation. Taking NSAID during the inflammatory phase will hinder the recovery, but after the inflammatory phase, it is okay.

And why does tylenol is just as bad?
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg