Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Front Squat and Military Press PROS GTFIH - couple of questions.

First off.. here is my form check front squat with 160 pds. Let me know.. Also.. I CANNOT do the olympic grip hold for this work out! I've been stretching out my wrists for a week straight. I tried it today.. and I think I pulled something... >.<

http://youtu.be/Zqob-rKx-Jo

Any suggestions. Is it ATG?

Also my MP is very slacking. Idk what is going on. Every thing i am doing on the baby lovers program is progressing very fast. NOT MP. Any suggestions? It's fustrating. Im thinking about deloading to the point where i can do negatives with MP.. like go down slowly and then push up fast.
    Currently on a cut.
    Starting Weight: 180
    Goal 9-10%

Best Lifts Last updated: 02/10/13

Bench: 235 1x1 *while cutting
    Deadlift: 335 1x1 *while cutting
    Squat: 265 1x2
    Military Press: 135 1x3
    Barbell Row: 205 1x5

Follow me on twitter @kevinmkoehler

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know you dont wanna hear it but you really should try and become accustomed to the clean grip. Yes it feels awkward as hell at first but you do get used to it quickly. With the cross armed grip you are just setting yourself up for slower progression as the weight gets heavy imo. Clean grip creates a natural "shelf" while the cross grip basically just punishes your shoulders as the weight gets heavy.

Good depth. I would recommend hitting your core more as well because as you hit those last few reps you were leaning a bit too forward while coming out of the hole.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    I know you dont wanna hear it but you really should try and become accustomed to the clean grip. Yes it feels awkward as hell at first but you do get used to it quickly. With the cross armed grip you are just setting yourself up for slower progression as the weight gets heavy imo. Clean grip creates a natural "shelf" while the cross grip basically just punishes your shoulders as the weight gets heavy.

Good depth. I would recommend hitting your core more as well because as you hit those last few reps you were leaning a bit too forward while coming out of the hole.
    YES i completely agree with you on this! But I seriously need help. I've been stretching out my wrists for weeks and it still hurts LIKE A****ER doing the clean grip. IDK what to do. I tried it today.. and i really pulled something.. like bad. i can't clench my hand all the way.

Also what do you suggest for hitting my core a bit more?
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also consider losing the belt. You need a good core to squat heavy weight, the belt in my personal opinion is just a way of cheating. My old lifting coach in high school drilled that into us and wouldn't let us use a belt or a shoulder shelf.
    I'm an angry person, I have anger problems, I take it out on the weights.

Check out my Betancourt D-Stunner Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150214213

Originally Posted by Theminatar View Post
    Also consider losing the belt. You need a good core to squat heavy weight, the belt in my personal opinion is just a way of cheating. My old lifting coach in high school drilled that into us and wouldn't let us use a belt or a shoulder shelf.
    So lose the belt? and no cross arm grip? I really need help making my wrist more flexible. I think I pulled something todya. I cant clench my hand... tight
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I use a clean grip, it really helps in my opinion. But I don't know how I can help you with that wrist. It sounds like you injured it though. Give it a rest and ice it, see if that helps after about a week.

Check out my Betancourt D-Stunner Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150214213

I use a clean grip, it really helps in my opinion. But I don't know how I can help you with that wrist. It sounds like you injured it though. Give it a rest and ice it, see if that helps after about a week.
    Any ideas on how to make it more flexible?
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by royalz19 View Post
    So lose the belt? and no cross arm grip? I really need help making my wrist more flexible. I think I pulled something todya. I cant clench my hand... tight
    Go to a doc then. Srs.
    For core, I find that ab wheel rollouts really help with front squats. Similar contraction.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

Go to a doc then. Srs.
    For core, I find that ab wheel rollouts really help with front squats. Similar contraction.
    I am not worried about my pulled wrist. I'll let it heal.. but in the future.. what is a good way to prep my wrists for the clean grip?
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

Go to a doc then. Srs.
    Apparently I'm a rep whore because I give it out to much. Grr stupid limits. But yeah I was going to say that as well with the roll outs lol.

But with that wrist, if you don't want to go to a doc, consider wrapping it up during your lifts to and heating it up actually. I don't know why I said ice it. Heat it up to get some blood flowing to it and look up some wrist stretches.

http://howtostretch.com/wriststretches.html

Apparently I'm a rep whore because I give it out to much. Grr stupid limits. But yeah I was going to say that as well with the roll outs lol.

But with that wrist, if you don't want to go to a doc, consider wrapping it up during your lifts to and heating it up actually. I don't know why I said ice it. Heat it up to get some blood flowing to it and look up some wrist stretches.

http://howtostretch.com/wriststretches.html
    Alright I got this. I'm going to master this ****. Thanks for the help guys. Them I repped you yesterday but krazy eyes im repping you now. Also lastly can i do ab wheel rollouts with dumb bells?
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any ideas on how to make it more flexible?
    you shouldnt have to make them that much more flexible, your arms are only there to balance/support the bar, my coach always told us that you should be able to remove your hands from the bar completely and squat it (i dont recomend it though)
    "The guy who works harder than anyone else will always have an advantage over the science geek who worries about and plans his training to the T." - fred hatfield (dr.squat)

goonsquadforums.com

Alright I got this. I'm going to master this ****. Thanks for the help guys. Them I repped you yesterday but krazy eyes im repping you now. Also lastly can i do ab wheel rollouts with dumb bells?
    You can do them with the barbell since it spins on the ends. You can even put a weight on it to raise it up a bit.

Originally Posted by timmzzy1 View Post
    you shouldnt have to make them that much more flexible, your arms are only there to balance/support the bar, my coach always told us that you should be able to remove your hands from the bar completely and squat it (i dont recomend it though)
    This as well, keep your elbows high, that's what really helps with the whole wrist thing.

Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snailshoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To get better at clean grip the best way is to...

Clean grip, with practice and good form your wrists will adapt. Start of with say 1 or 2 fingers touching the bar, then work up to all of your fingers.

You can do them with the barbell since it spins on the ends. You can even put a weight on it to raise it up a bit.

This as well, keep your elbows high, that's what really helps with the whole wrist thing.
    Okay fine. Keep elbows high.. now where should i put my hands or fingers? Like where i usually put them for a bench press? or closer? wider?
    +repeed you all man appreciate the help
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speX94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    things i noticed on first rep.

Knees went past toes, portion of your back was curled over.

suggestions. Practice warmup before you start squatting just sitting back and basically doing the take a crap in the woods stance. That is closer to a proper squat imho.. also chest out head up. That's what i always say you should do on just about every single workout.
    NGU

Hopefully that helps. Keep them by your shoulders. And raise those elbows as high as you can. Your hands there are to to make sure the bar doesn't fall forward. It's like your back squat, your hands aren't there to hold the weight, just to make sure it doesn't fall back.

timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Okay fine. Keep elbows high.. now where should i put my hands or fingers? Like where i usually put them for a bench press? or closer? wider?
    +repeed you all man appreciate the help
    literally a clean grip, i put my little finger on the ring then extend my thumbs down the bar and move my hands to where the tips of my thumbs are, try doing a lighter weight and try cleaning the weight up then doing your reps
    "The guy who works harder than anyone else will always have an advantage over the science geek who worries about and plans his training to the T." - fred hatfield (dr.squat)

goonsquadforums.com

Originally Posted by speX94 View Post

suggestions. Practice warmup before you start squatting just sitting back and basically doing the take a crap in the woods stance. That is closer to a proper squat imho.. also chest out head up. That's what i always say you should do on just about every single workout.
    Ah **** I just noticed that. That was my third set... so i'll see next time to see if need to deload.

Hopefully that helps. Keep them by your shoulders. And raise those elbows as high as you can. Your hands there are to to make sure the bar doesn't fall forward. It's like your back squat, your hands aren't there to hold the weight, just to make sure it doesn't fall back.
    Thanks
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcmoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have never done it pesonally but have seen people with wrist issues use straps for front squats. They just wrap the strap under the bar then just hold on the strap. Hopefully somebody can post a pic of it or somebody thats done it can give you a better explaination. I have just always used the clean grip and after the first few times I just got used to it.

On military press I go about shoulder width, maybe a little farther on my grip. I also false grip on military press but that just my preference but you could give it a try.

orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see the back starting to round on the reps, has to be due to your grip

I'd also suggest the olympic grip
    * Skinny to non skinny transformation crew * - I am gonna effin nail this

bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    SOHP : 265

solved my problem as of now. I use straps. form has improved!
    Currently on a cut.
    Goal 9-10%

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

On front squat, you WANT your knees to past toes. Otherwise, your hips will have to shoot back and your torso will lean forward too much. Also, you dont front squat back, you front squat down, in between your heels.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Form is fine.

You need to stick your chest out more aggressively and just be more aggressive with how 'solid' you are. You look like a penis that's not quite hard enough. Stiffen things up.... lol

Grip is entirely up to you. Clean grip is optimal though.

Belt is fine, but wear a proper one.

Everyone else stop saying stupid sh*t.

looking thick,solid,tight Newmanzz's Avatar
    Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lose the belt for front squats yes, best way to get more flexible for a certain exercise is just do the exercise and take the short term pain.
    The journey to 4, 6, 7

DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    More upper back work and a stronger core should help you stay completely upright, there's a very slight falling forward just out of the hole. Also don't walk fukking 10 feet out of the rack, drains your energy for squatting.
    Raw Powerlifting

200/150/260 = 610 kg @ 118 kg 19 y/o

440/330/570 = 1340 lbs @ 260 lbs. 19 y/o

2015 goals

225 (496)
    170 (374)
    280 (617)

Message Board King DoWorkSon515's Avatar
    DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unfortunately for me I have a long upper arm and very short forearm for my height so these are hard. The best way for me is to rest my wrists on the center of the shoulder (the part which is protruding the most), it's very comfortable for me and I don't have to stretch as much if I put my wrists beside my shoulders.

ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngaah will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Agree with this guy.

Try and sit back into the squat more, just before you squat down push your ass out and get those knees behind the toes.

For prepping the wrists for clean grip, put your hand on a wall, fingers facing towards the floor and stretch your wrist/forearm that way.

DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTD is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will leave this here for all saying his toes shouldn't be going past his knees.

The rule only really applies for low bar squats.