Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Critique my workout routine

Ive been lifting for around 2 years and my workout have been around the same volume, i just change the workout every 8-12 weeks, this may seem alot of volume for some people but bare in mind i split my muscles one on each day so its kinda different. And the main reason im posting this is i want to know how to be able to understand how many sets my body needs , like some people need heavy volume and some dont. Regardless to my diet im eating 400cals about maint and everything is fine. Also if someone can recommend a book related to exercising and how to know what works for you volume wise , exercise wise and everything. Here is my workout

1st Day: Chest

Incline BB Press 3x8-12
    Flat DB Press 3x8-12
    Incline Cable Flyes 3x8-12
    Weighted Dips 3x8-12
    High Cable Cross-Over 3x8-12

2nd Day: Back

Deadlifts 4x8-12
    One Hand DB Rows 3x8-12
    T-Bar Rows 3x8-12
    Seated Rows 3x8-12
    Wide Grip Pulldowns 3x8-12

3rd Day: Shoulders & Traps

Back Flyes 4x10
    Seated Shoulder Press 3x10
    Side Raises 3x10
    Front Raises 3x10
    DB Shrugs 4x10

4th Day: Bis/Tris

Bis
    Standing BB Curls 3x8-12
    Preacher Curls 3x8-12
    DB Curls 3x8-12
    Hammer Curls 3x8-12

Tris

OverHead Press 3x8-12
    SkullCrushers 3x8-12
    PushDowns 3x8-12
    Reverse Grip Pushdowns 3x8-12

5th Day: Leg Day

Squats 4x12
    Leg Press Machine 3x12-14
    Front Leg Raises 3x12-14
    Hamstrings Machine 3x12-14
    Seated Calve Raises 6x12-14

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hborno View Post
    i want to know how to be able to understand how many sets my body needs
    You do it like everyone else---trial and error.

Choose a promising-looking routine based on your experience level and then stick with it for 3-4 months while tracking your results.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its hard to just critique someones routine, whatever works for you might not work for someone else. You got a lot of good exercises there so do this for 2 months and if certain body parts aren't responding change that area up.

One thing I personally like is having 2 different body parts in 1 day so it allows recovery time, if I did your chest or back routine all my exercises past the first one would be severely weaker because I am doing the same body part over and over. What I do is is something like back, forearms, back, forearms in 1 day. I even got Chest and arm day all in 1 day so I do chest, bi, tri, 10 minute break to let my tri's recover for chest, then chest bi tri again. Everybody is different though.

Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You do it like everyone else---trial and error.

Choose a promising-looking routine based on your experience level and then stick with it for 3-4 months while tracking your results.
    Okay so regarding this workout? what do u think

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Okay so regarding this workout? what do u think
    I don't generally get involved in detail-to-detail 'critique my routine' threads. Posters of such threads usually don't have enough experience to be able to put an effective routine together, and usually get defensive when they get criticized for it. I only posted in this one because I was curious about a thread posted in the wrong forum.

Since I'm already in here though, I will say that your 'leg' day is inadequate. You have 4 days dedicated to upper body, even including an entire day just for arms, yet you have only 9 measly sets for some of the largest muscles in your body--your thigh muscles.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

I don't generally get involved in detail-to-detail 'critique my routine' threads. Posters of such threads usually don't have enough experience to be able to put an effective routine together, and usually get defensive when they get criticized for it. I only posted in this one because I was curious about a thread posted in the wrong forum.

Since I'm already in here though, I will say that your 'leg' day is inadequate. You have 4 days dedicated to upper body, even including an entire day just for arms, yet you have only 9 measly sets for some of the largest muscles in your body--your thigh muscles.
    Well if i wanted to be cocky and act like im experienced i wouldn't have asked or posted this .. all my info about exercising is how to do the exercise correctly and the range of volume per each muscle, Is it bad to have 4 days for upper body? i mean as long as im hitting every muscle in 5 days it shouldn't be a problem?.. for arms i dont feel like its a problem for me since i can handle the pump from both sides but I dont think its wrong to do since they are different. Correct me if I'm wrong please. And any tips on the volume?

Well if i wanted to be cocky and act like im experienced i wouldn't have asked or posted this .. all my info about exercising is how to do the exercise correctly and the range of volume per each muscle, Is it bad to have 4 days for upper body? i mean as long as im hitting every muscle in 5 days it shouldn't be a problem?.. for arms i dont feel like its a problem for me since i can handle the pump from both sides but I dont think its wrong to do since they are different. Correct me if I'm wrong please. And any tips on the volume?
    I'll refer you back to post #2.

If you think the posted routine is appropriate for you, then run it for 3-4 months and track your results.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

I'll refer you back to post #2.

If you think the posted routine is appropriate for you, then run it for 3-4 months and track your results.
    Well just sayin if my routine is fine why did u mention the 4 days for upper and 1 day for arms if they are something normal

SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000)
    1 arm rows at the end of your workout. They are for symmetry not mass. Thats what id do. Looks solid. Are your rear delts lacking? Is that why you have them first?

Originally Posted by SmallLats View Post
    1 arm rows at the end of your workout. They are for symmetry not mass. Thats what id do. Looks solid. Are your rear delts lacking? Is that why you have them first?
    they were yeah but currently i think they are growing bigger than my side delt so ima switch it up