Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

The Most Optimal 3on/1off BB program, ever. (srs)

lol~

3 on / 1 off

Day 1 : Chest/Arms

-Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-8
    -Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x6-8
    -Flat Dumbbell Flye 3x8-10
    -Dips 3x10-12
    * Cable Crossover performed every 2nd-3rd session *

-Barbell Curl 3x6-8 / Lying French Press 3x6-8
    -Incline Dumbbell Curl 3x8-10 / Tricep Pressdown 3x10-12
    -Preacher Curl 3x8-10/ Overhead Extension 3x8-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 45-60 minutes

Day 2 : Legs/Calves

-Back Squats 3x6-8 (alternate with Front Squats)
    -Leg Press 3x8-10
    -Leg Extension 3x10-12
    -Romanian Deadlift 3x6-8
    * Leg Curls performed every 2nd-3rd session *

-Calf Press 3x15-20
    -Standing Calf Raise 3x15-20
    -Seated Calf Raise 3x6-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 40-50 minutes

Day 3 : Back/Delts

-Barbell Row 3x6-8
    -Lat Pulldown 3x10-12
    -Cable Row 3x8-10
    -TBAR Row 3x6-8 (Dumbbell Row if heavy enough DB's)
    * Shrugs performed every 2nd-3rd session *

-Military Press 3x6-8
    -Side Lateral / Rear Lateral 3x8-10
    -Upright Row 3x6-8

*Face Pulls performed @ end for shoulder health

Workout Duration : 45-60 minutes

Rest time: 1minute,30seconds - 2 minutes for the Power Movements on each body part; ie:
    Incline Barbell,Front Squats,Barbell Row,Barbell Curl,Lying French Press,Military Press,etc.

Rest time: 45 seconds - 1 minute for the Isolation & Hypertrophy Movements on each body part;ie :
    Incline Dumbbell Curl, Dumbbell Flye, Cable Row, Tricep Pushdown, etc.

Rep Range: You want to stay in 6-10 for mass on most movements. It's acceptable to use higher reps on movements such as Leg Press,Leg Extension,Tricep Pressdowns going up to about 12-15; occasional widowmakers are permitted but try to just lift HEAVY , Controlled, and up the weight if you can get over 10 reps. A nice method is you use your 10 rep maximum, then continue using the same weight on the next sets, as this will make your sets look like 10-8-then 7/6 reps which will put you in the desired rep range. The following workout if you up the weight, you will most likely get something like 9/7/6 and you can keep working on the weight until you feel comfortable using it for 10. The same applies to the lower rep power emphasized exercises.

It is ok to go down to the 4-5 rep range on the Foundation Power Movements, but it is highly advised that you have a spotter with you that will help you get some forced reps in to get at least 6 reps on each movement; you can also simply just drop the weight really quickly and continue getting some reps. Remember, we are looking to maximize the potential for size gains on this routine; 6-10 should really be your foundation. It's fine to go rather heavy without sacrificing form or opening up the room to injury in the ~4-5 rep range, but have a spotter assist you with some forced reps after!

Why do this 3on/1off ? : Well because Lee Haney(8X Mr.Olympia) did it, thus that means it's the best... lol not srs,srs,not srs,semi-srs.

But this is the real reason why IMHO this is the superior 3 on - 1 off programming...

#1. Chest should be trained with Triceps to avoid overtraining them on this kind of frequency; anecdotally when people do Triceps 24-36 hours before Chest in high volume training,their bench will suffer or the recovery will not be adequate. (An example is the Chest/Back,Legs,Delts/Arms,Off routine) However, this allows one to train Chest & triceps together, while ALSO..

#2. Allowing you to train Back separately from Biceps. Too many people complain about how their biceps don't grow, and they need to "emphasize" them when they are not weakened by prior back training. This is different from Tricep training, as Chest->Tricep seems to tie in together MUCH better than Back to Biceps does. Focus on your guns separately from your back!

#3. Training Legs the day before back day allows for heavier poundages, and not being limited by weak stability or scorched erectors. You are more susceptible to injury having a fatigued back before training legs; the vice versa is much safer and you are not looking to train your erectors on back day anyways - rather it is more lat/trap/rhomboid/teres emphasis.

#4. Keeping Press frequency high seems to be key in adding poundages quickly to your pushing muscles. As discussed earlier, triceps unfortunately don't recover as fast which is why we had them placed on the same day as Chest; since we are planning to train them twice in a week. However, the minimal tricep stimulation received by only performing 1 press on Shoulder day will allow for adequate recovery two days later when Chest is trained. Shoulders also have a faster recovery rate ; especially since our primary focus on the Deltoid training day is to hit the Side & Rear Deltoids with only one press movement being done. Front Deltoids will receive far more than an adequate amount of stimulus on two separate days - on Chest day where they are being absolutely pummeled; especially with all the Incline emphasis - followed by Back/Deltoid day where the Military Press/Upright Row/Laterals are being performed; all of which stimulate the front deltoids(especially exercise #1). We can continue having high press frequency, WITHOUT letting our poundages suffer, and allowing adequate recovery. Too often we hear of people complaining about their lack of pressing strength; legs and back seem to progress just fine being trained every ~3-4 days or more. Pressing should be done more often.

#5 - Having Chest and Shoulder day separate is always a plus. Now we can focus solely on Bench one day, and pure Press another day; while CONTINUING 2x a week frequency and no overlap. How many times have you been angry that your Press goes down the toilet as soon as you do a Bench before it on a "Push Day"? But then you realize that logically you SHOULD be doing the benching first, so there really isn't much you can do about unless you make it a 4on/1off to put them on separate days or some other options. Look no more fellow shoulder geeks; you now have the chance to go ALL OUT on both Bench and Press SEPARATELY in 3 days ! and BREAK PR'S while being fresh. There are many more reasons....these were just a select [5].

I guarantee anybody who goes on this type of programming consistently,eats lots of protein,and stays consistent for even 3 months will see major changes both in size and strength. Already know several people in person that have been doing this for a while, one of which recently went from a 195 pound to 218 pound bodyweight, with minimal fat gain, and is tipping ~18 inches on his arms naturally.

All and all, my point is this is the GOAT (or one of the GOATs)

Have fun, and yes I believe 3on/1off is the most optimal training program for bodybuilding. ^ ^ . 72 hours is perfect before training a muscle; and helps keep people consistent on a 2x a week frequency. People get burned out going 6 days in a row on 6on/1off's, and most people simply find their performance and growth significantly better with an offday after the third day. Seemed to work for the following people..

Cya!
    Last edited by DerekEt; 12-05-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks good to me, I have mine switched around a bit though.

Oh and I took your advice on working the long head of the tricep (switched out one of my pushdown movements with skullcrushers) and it absolutely toasted my tri's, sore as hell the next day. Never thought I'd be taking advice from ethan, but like I always say you can always learn from everybody regardless of who they are. Appreciate it

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Pinkton View Post
    Looks good to me, I have mine switched around a bit though.

Oh and I took your advice on working the long head of the tricep (switched out one of my pushdown movements with skullcrushers) and it absolutely toasted my tri's, sore as hell the next day. Never thought I'd be taking advice from ethan, but like I always say you can always learn from everybody regardless of who they are. Appreciate it
    How is yours set up ? Yeah there are two primary movements that cause some serious DOMS and trash the long head : Lying French Press to behind the head, Overhead Tricep Extensions. Lying French Press+Tricep Rope Pushdown+Overhead Tricep Extensions are the 3 GOAT tricep exercises if you are already doing other presses. They will emphasize all 3 heads, have some overlap on the heads, and make sure your triceps don't lag where most people's triceps lag - the long & lateral heads; especially long. Arnold,Lou Ferrigno,Lee Haney,and so many other greats always had these 3 essentially as pure staples of Tricep routines.
    Last edited by DerekEt; 12-04-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm also going to take your advice and do leg day before back day. Been having some serious lower back DOMS and pumps during my leg workouts. Gonna see if this does the trick. Thanks

Originally Posted by Pinkton View Post
    I'm also going to take your advice and do leg day before back day. Been having some serious lower back DOMS and pumps during my leg workouts. Gonna see if this does the trick. Thanks
    Yeah it will do the trick; I still don't understand why people do Legs the day after Back when they don't have to, it just blows my mind O_o

When you are looking to bodybuild, and are at the top-tiers of the Intermediate/Advanced level threshold, it is time to stray into a timeless proven training program that has stood the test of time for decades to produce some of the best champions this industry has known; including the ones that hold the record for most Mr.Olympia wins ^ ^

KOHT has nothing on the greats =p . 3 on / 1 off , the GOAT .

respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good post ethan. I was actually thinking of doing something like this in the next year or so, might make a few modifications to it in terms of preferences though.

IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is my favourite type of training split, due to hitting every muscle twice a week, with a solid amount of volume.
    Diet has to be spot on though

ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like l/p/p except you added shoulders to the pull day.

xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    op i'm confused.

do you do
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    off
    Repeat?
    Disregard bodyweight, acquire aesthetics.
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★
    ♦♦♦TBB FB Chat Crew Founders♦♦♦
    Current / Goal (one year or less)
    DL: 180KG / 180KG @ 80.0kg 1/9/2013
    SQUAT: 140KG / 140KG @ 79kg 24/8/2013
    BENCH: 80KG / 100KG @72.4kg

SMALL CALVES CREW

"It is what you do with the knowledge that dictates who you are" - Xuaxace

respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xSup3r View Post
    op i'm confused.

do you do
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    off
    Repeat?
    yes, so each muscle actually gets hit every 4 days.
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    off
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Off

Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Solid routine. Nothing ground breaking though. Might pick this up soon actually been doing upper/lower 3xs a week frequency which obviously has its flaws

con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) con95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why front squats and not back squats?

Registered Sikkunt itwasntme184's Avatar
    itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish TBB would lose optimal out of their vocab
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights.

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by itwasntme184 View Post
    I wish TBB would lose optimal out of their vocab
    This, its annoying as ****kkk

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I were to do this program I'd have to cycle off days and only take an off day after 2 cycles push/legs/pull-->push/legs/pull-off

BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks pretty good but not sure I quite agree with chest/arms, back/shoulders and I'd prefer push/pull which separates the different shoulder muscles to different days. Also, hamstrings could use a little more volume as well as the overall routine having more varying rep ranges. It would be very hard to get to that point where the muscle is under it's most tension with such a low rep range and heavy weight without breaking form on isolation exercises. The only time I hit under 12 reps on an isolation exercise would be to drop set.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168292533&p=1378041213#post1378041213
    ---
    ☢☢☢☢ Tall Guy Crew ☢☢☢☢
    ☆☆☆MISC INK CREW☆☆☆

1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fuk man this is amazing. Will this also work for strength?

ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just read it over, it's actually pretty good. Although i'd change some exercises to suit me. Might actually do it, srs.

Registered Sikkunt itwasntme184's Avatar
    itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000)
    this is basically the hypertrophy part of PHAT...

but why do you do both incline db and bb? seems a bit redundant imo
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights.

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did this for 2-3 months and got great gains.

that is all.
    Follow my vlog on my journey as an Amputee !
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/icepray
    Instagram: Icepray
    ********: www.********.com/ampuvation

Is it wrong to be strong? CodyBaragar's Avatar
    CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is this Kanevsky approved? I can't accept this as the most optimal 3on/1off routine until I see a written consent comment from Kanevsky.

OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    This actually looks really good. Was going to run PPL when I start bulking again but maybe I'll try this instead.

alexx1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks good, nice job, just wondering why no deadlifts on back day?

Originally Posted by IASONA View Post
    This is my favourite type of training split, due to hitting every muscle twice a week, with a solid amount of volume.
    Diet has to be spot on though
    Same. It blows you up size wise too.

Originally Posted by ThickSoIid View Post
    Looks like l/p/p except you added shoulders to the pull day.
    It actually looks nothing like it. Push day = Chest,Shoulders,Triceps. Pull Day = Back,Biceps. This is Chest/Arms , Legs, Delts/Back, Off. lol?

Originally Posted by xSup3r View Post
    op i'm confused.

do you do
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    off
    Repeat?
    Yes 3 days on, 1 day off. This comes out to training every muscle 2x in 7 days ( 2x a week frequency ) .

Originally Posted by Ionnz View Post
    Solid routine. Nothing ground breaking though. Might pick this up soon actually been doing upper/lower 3xs a week frequency which obviously has its flaws
    It isn't groundbreaking. It has been used for decades to create the top tier champions. Just seems to have been "forgotten".

Originally Posted by con95 View Post
    why front squats and not back squats?
    Do Back Squats if you want instead; almost all the pros will agree that FS > BS and certain people's bodytypes will favor them. The point is to squat; back or front , just do it - I prefer Front and never got good results back squatting. I worked up to over 4+ plates, and had nothing but a big butt and thighs to show for it. Started working in the 235-295 weight range with Front Squats for reps and my Quads finally packed on inches in a few months.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    looking good, nothing groundbreaking, just simple and effective + it's visible that you're not just a beginner and do whatever somebody tells you to, but think about it a bit..that's good (Y)

Originally Posted by agrier9 View Post
    If I were to do this program I'd have to cycle off days and only take an off day after 2 cycles push/legs/pull-->push/legs/pull-off
    You won't be able to do it properly then IMHO. The third day is Back+Deltoids...it would be brutal doing Chest,Triceps,Biceps the day after Back & Delts. I also do not believe it would leave for adequate amount of recovery. This program is made to be done...the way it was made to be done. If you want to do 6 days on,1 day off, you will have to do something else.

Originally Posted by BradCathie View Post
    Looks pretty good but not sure I quite agree with chest/arms, back/shoulders and I'd prefer push/pull which separates the different shoulder muscles to different days. Also, hamstrings could use a little more volume as well as the overall routine having more varying rep ranges. It would be very hard to get to that point where the muscle is under it's most tension with such a low rep range and heavy weight without breaking form on isolation exercises. The only time I hit under 12 reps on an isolation exercise would be to drop set.
    lol. Squats,Leg Press,Romanian Deadlifts,and Leg Curls is far more than enough Hamstring work. Sergio Oliva never even trained his hamstrings with any isolation; the squats alone built him massive hamstrings. This doesn't mean you shouldn't do them ,but it is extremely standard in the bodybuilding industry to do Stiff Deadlift+leg curl as the 2 hamstrings exercises. I don't know ANYBODY who does more than that; and IF they do , they will simply just add 1 more leg curl EVERY now and then. Ok, if it's "your preference" to separate Side and Rear Delts then that's cool, but it isn't necessary. It's been standard protocol to put your Shoulders together in a day, and IMHO after 60 years of progress that we have seen others have, it seems like it works. However, that day is geared more towards your Side+Rear Deltoids if you haven't noticed yet; the Front Delts are being hit, but in reality the Chest day is where the Front Deltoids are being worked the most IMHO. I don't know how between Side Laterals,Rear Laterals,Upright Rows,and a Face Pull AFTER a press that you would feel the shoulder volume is lacking for side or rear deltoids. lol. That's cool that "you never do under 12 reps on isolations", but that's what YOU do, not what everybody else does. Watch Pumping Iron, and you will see Lou Ferrigno does 6-8 reps for Barbell Curls, Incline Curls and only lights up for preachers/concentration to the ~10 rep range. This is pretty standard, and has been used by all the greats, and anecdotally works. If you can't have good form just because you're in the 8-10 rep range, you are doing something very wrong . I wasn't aware that somebody had to only use 12+ reps to have good form, lol. Anyways I did write that you can go to the 12,15,or even widowmaker 20 rep range on certain exercises. It's not like there is some god-written law that says you can't, people often will do a method such as a widowmaker every now and then instinctively based on how they feel. The majority of your work SHOULD be done in the 6-10 . Especially the power and compound exercises - unless you want to argue with years of bodybuilding history.

Originally Posted by 1ntensityrules View Post
    Fuk man this is amazing. Will this also work for strength?
    If you want to train for Strength, then train for Strength. This is a bodybuilding geared program, but it was actually made in a way to progress on your Squat and Bench rather rapidly; especially with how the Pressing frequency is set up. You should be getting stronger no matter what you are training for, so my answer would be yes...it will work for strength. But you might be better off with 3x3 - 3x5 - 5x5 + accessory for strength. I suppose you could just use the same order of days, but make the big compounds and the accessories revolve around strength, meh.

Originally Posted by ThickSoIid View Post
    I just read it over, it's actually pretty good. Although i'd change some exercises to suit me. Might actually do it, srs.
    A lot of people who do 3on/1off never go back..srs.

Originally Posted by itwasntme184 View Post
    this is basically the hypertrophy part of PHAT...

but why do you do both incline db and bb? seems a bit redundant imo
    Ok, and PHAT was written about 20-30 years after this was written. So you could say that this was the original template which PHAT copied..
    Actually IIRC, Layne switches Back/Delts and Chest/Arms day.

Why Incline DB and BB ? Do it for 1-2 months and come back, and you will see why. You can thank me later - many already have . Do you see anybody who has trained a long time have problems with lagging pec development from doing two-three incline movements?

Now how about the people who only did flat and one incline?

^ ^

Originally Posted by Icepray View Post
    I did this for 2-3 months and got great gains.

that is all.
    Lol this x 1000 . The GOAT.

Originally Posted by OmegaMurray View Post
    This actually looks really good. Was going to run PPL when I start bulking again but maybe I'll try this instead.
    Yah buddy.

Originally Posted by alexx1992 View Post
    looks good, nice job, just wondering why no deadlifts on back day?
    Same reason as what Layne Norton says: Deadlifts are a posterior chain exercise above all else. No matter what anybody says, this is the truth. Rows and Vertical Pulls develop big backs; Deadlifts are a great addition as it ties everything together and slams your erectors. Notice that Legs day has heavy Romanian Deadlifts...3 sets of them in the 6-8 rep range. This is after doing heavy Squats which also will slam your PC and erectors. We are bodybuilding, not strength training; although we are constantly getting stronger while training. We want Back/Front Squat, Incline/Flat Bench, and Barbell Row/Pullups as the big three.

If you want, you can put in Deadlift on Back day - but that's not how this program was ever designed to be. Also, good luck deadlifting 2 days back to back. If you want to train Deadlifts specifically, you will most likely have to be on a different routine; but honestly most people's deadlifts go up just from heavy Squats,Romanian Deadlifts,and Rowing. For example, MAXOTALEX on the teen workout log forum went from a 415 to 520+ deadlift without even training it really IIRC. I also did zero deadlift training from 365->450, then 475->505 ; the Squats/Rows/Stiff Deadlift work automatically makes it go up. Plus, why does it matter what our Deadlift numbers are if we bodybuilding? You're using it as a Hamstring exercise, not a 1RM in competition. If you are training for strength, train for strength to increase your 1RM on the lift; don't follow a bodybuilding protocol.

dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dopedcamels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How is this new...this is push/legs/pull except you switched bis and delts.

Originally Posted by dopedcamels View Post
    How is this new...this is push/legs/pull except you switched bis and delts.
    It's not new.

DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    better than a P/P/L such as coolcadia's you think?