Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Perform 8-10 reps with good form to the top, then start cheating the reps , then get half reps, then do a small range of motion at the bottom. Look into John Meadows "Mountain Dog Training" for delts; it will make your Deltoids EXPLODE performing lateral raises like this.

Do Upright Rows with a wider grip and it will hit your side delts more; meaning keep it a bit farther away from your body if you are using DB's.

You can do Hammer Curls if you want, they're a great exercise. However, I use straight oldschool wrist curl and reverse wrist curl 2-4x a week instead.

douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000) douglasmich is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DerekEt View Post
    Perform 8-10 reps with good form to the top, then start cheating the reps , then get half reps, then do a small range of motion at the bottom. Look into John Meadows "Mountain Dog Training" for delts; it will make your Deltoids EXPLODE performing lateral raises like this.

Do Upright Rows with a wider grip and it will hit your side delts more; meaning keep it a bit farther away from your body if you are using DB's.

You can do Hammer Curls if you want, they're a great exercise. However, I use straight oldschool wrist curl and reverse wrist curl 2-4x a week instead.
    What do you mean on the chest arms workout ?
    Are those arm exercises of super sets ??? Or do you choose an even amount of TRI and BI??

And I'm looking to cut but I really want to try this , should I postpone my cut and test this out? Or just cut on legs push pull and keep raping my delts

Message Board King DoWorkSon515's Avatar
    DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000)

aware me on the mountain dog lateral raises.

Also, I'm running PHAT right now, and if you're familiar with it, you know that the last 3 training days of a PHAT cycle are the same as what you have here. I will consider switching to this routine because those are my favorite 3 days. I absolutely hate upper power day and I really don't lower power, low rep leg extensions/leg curls seems pretty useless IMO. What are your thoughts?

Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't understand the difference between this and push/pull/legs...
    Success is found in the garden of failure

AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah, I meant in the span of 7 days, you train everything twice, if you understand what I mean

Day1- chest/arms
    Day2- legs
    Day3- delts/back
    day4-off
    day5-chest/arms
    day6-legs
    day7-delts/back

as you can see, you trained everything twice in a 1 week/7 day period.
    That is not the standard way people refer to training frequency.

Cuz the next week, you would be doing:

Day 1: Off
    Day 2: Chest/Arms
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Delts/Back
    Day 5: Off
    Day 6: Chest/Arms
    Day 7: Legs

The 2nd session of Delts/Back wouldn't happen until day 8.

Any split that has you going 3 on, 1 off is generally considered 2x every 8 days. If you go by how you are referring to it, it would be 1x every 3 days, but clearly that is not the case, as it is 1x every 4 days.

I know this is frivolous, but it is what it is.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AmazinJason View Post

Any split that has you going 3 on, 1 off is generally considered 2x every 8 days. If you go by how you are referring to it, it would be 1x every 3 days, but clearly that is not the case, as it is 1x every 4 days.

yes, this lol

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by andrewzw11 View Post
    Took a quick glance.

No normal squats, no normal deadlifts. Son are you srs?
    Pls go. If you think you cant build your legs without back squats and back without conventional deadlifts you are retarded.

looking thick,solid,tight Newmanzz's Avatar
    Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Opinions on doing deadlifts after front squats instead of romanian deadlifts on the 1st leg workout and replacing front squats on the 2nd workout with back squats.
    The journey to 4, 6, 7

bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by andrewzw11 View Post
    Took a quick glance.

No normal squats, no normal deadlifts. Son are you srs?
    lol i wasnt aware this was a powerlifting routine.

makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makebankbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how often should you add weight for your main lifts like bench , squat, etc?

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Newmanzz View Post
    Opinions on doing deadlifts after front squats instead of romanian deadlifts on the 1st leg workout and replacing front squats on the 2nd workout with back squats.
    I do deadlift after front squats on my leg day... I havent had issues with it

Message Board King DoWorkSon515's Avatar
    DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Highly considering jumping off PHAT and trying this because of the frequency. 6DAW though, scared of overtraining. What do

mdolan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Question came up earlier and I have yet to see it answered. When doing arm exercises or anything else with a / are those supposed to be super setted? Or is there some other meaning behind the slashes?

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by douglasmich View Post
    What do you mean on the chest arms workout ?
    Are those arm exercises of super sets ??? Or do you choose an even amount of TRI and BI??

And I'm looking to cut but I really want to try this , should I postpone my cut and test this out? Or just cut on legs push pull and keep raping my delts
    You alternate Bicep and Tricep exercise back and forth.... Curl (1 min rest ) , Extension (1 min rest ), Curl, etc. You can just do all biceps then triceps; it's just to cut time. Do whatever you want to do......

Originally Posted by DoWorkSon515 View Post
    aware me on the mountain dog lateral raises.

Also, I'm running PHAT right now, and if you're familiar with it, you know that the last 3 training days of a PHAT cycle are the same as what you have here. I will consider switching to this routine because those are my favorite 3 days. I absolutely hate upper power day and I really don't lower power, low rep leg extensions/leg curls seems pretty useless IMO. What are your thoughts?
    You basically just keep going way past failure by not raising all the way up. 1/2-1/4th reps and cheating is fine, you can end up getting 20-50 reps with something you can only do 8-10 times. Do what you want.

Originally Posted by Gregthegiant View Post
    I don't understand the difference between this and push/pull/legs...
    Then you must be blind.

Originally Posted by AmazinJason View Post

You are correct; it's essentially still 2x/week .
    Originally Posted by Lendogg View Post
    Pls go. If you think you cant build your legs without back squats and back without conventional deadlifts you are retarded.
    Originally Posted by Newmanzz View Post
    Uhhh .... I wouldn't do normal DL's. Ummm, you can alternate squats ya

Originally Posted by makebankbro View Post
    how often should you add weight for your main lifts like bench , squat, etc?
    As often as possible

Originally Posted by DoWorkSon515 View Post
    Highly considering jumping off PHAT and trying this because of the frequency. 6DAW though, scared of overtraining. What do
    lol ? you won't get overtrained. it's in your head.

Originally Posted by mdolan18 View Post
    Question came up earlier and I have yet to see it answered. When doing arm exercises or anything else with a / are those supposed to be super setted? Or is there some other meaning behind the slashes?
    Answered earlier.

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Quality post. Not doing 3 on 1 off currently due to being so damn busy at work and school, but I did it for months and loved it. It is the way to go. We seem to agree on several points.

3 on 1 off > other
    Front squat > back
    Benching > other anterior delt movement
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThickSoIid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to do something like Matt Ogus but with this routine and have 2 different routines on the days, so Legs A workout on Tuesday then Legs B on Saturday, what do you think because I'm going to have like back squats on Legs A and Sumo Deadlifts on B, and change some exercises each A or B workout.

AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by itwasntme184 View Post
    this is basically the hypertrophy part of PHAT...

but why do you do both incline db and bb? seems a bit redundant imo
    this ^

it looks good though.
    "It is what you do with the knowledge that dictates who you are" - Xuaxace
    Exclusive AdiPower crew: AdamNW, Xuaxace

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142078571&p=827696231#post827696231
    Feel free to join!

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ButteredWaffles View Post
    Ethan , whats your opinion on Pendlay Rows vs Bent over BB rows? Pendlay Rows mainly for strength and bent over rows for size
    dumbbell rows
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    Quality post. Not doing 3 on 1 off currently due to being so damn busy at work and school, but I did it for months and loved it. It is the way to go. We seem to agree on several points.

3 on 1 off > other
    Front squat > back
    Benching > other anterior delt movement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ x 10. And ironically you have very good progress; funny how that turns out eh heh

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In! I would do a few things differently, but that is purely out of preference, ie exercise selection and order.

lol~

3 on / 1 off

Day 1 : Chest/Arms

-Incline Barbell Bench 3x6-8
    -Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x8-10
    -Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-8
    -Flat Dumbbell Flye 3x8-10
    -Barbell Curl 3x6-8 / Lying French Press 3x6-8
    -Incline Dumbbell Curl 3x8-10 / Tricep Pushdown 3x8-10
    -Preacher Curl 3x8-10 / Overhead Extension 3x8-10
    I just think it might be a good idea to have an exercise that you go quite heavy on, 5 reps. Just 1. I'm not a strength program fanboy but I reckon 1 movement of heavyness would be good for hitting them strength range fibers.

Day 2 : Legs/Calves

-Front Squats 3x6-8
    -Leg Press 3x8-10
    -Leg Extension / Leg Curl 3x8-10
    -Romanian Deadlift 3x6-8

-Calf Press 3x10-20
    -Standing Calf Raise 3x20
    -Seated Calf Raise 3x6-10

Lots of calf volume. A shiitload. Supersetting leg extensions with leg curls is a good way to save time but if you're talking about swapping one for the other every second leg session then I reckon it would be better to do leg curls every time you do legs. Hits dem hammies in a way that deadlift variants can't quite do. I still reckon the 1 movement for maybe 5 reps would be nice.

Day 3 : Back/Delts

-Barbell Row 3x6-8
    -Weighted Pullup 3x8-10
    -Cable Row 3x8-10
    -TBAR Row 3x8-10 (Dumbbell Row if heavy enough DB's)
    Unless you have a good MMC and are using one of these rows to hit the lats primarily, then it looks like too much inner back, not enough lats.

-Military Press 3x6-8
    -Upright Row 3x8-10
    -Side/Rear Lateral 3x8-10

*Face Pulls performed @ end for shoulder health

Workout Duration : 45-60 minutes

I'm not sure if the facepulls at the end are necessary for shoulder health considering you're doing bent over raises. But it probably wouldn't hurt.

#1. Chest should be trained with Triceps to avoid overtraining them on this kind of frequency; anecdotally when people do Triceps 24-36 hours before Chest in high volume training,their bench will suffer or the recovery will not be adequate. (An example is the Chest/Back,Legs,Delts/Arms,Off routine) However, this allows one to train Chest & triceps together, while ALSO..
    I think training triceps with shoulders or chest is helpful rather than giving them their own day, along with a chest and shoulder day, and probably overworking them.

Enjoyed reading the OP tho.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

NZNinja - That is exactly what the Incline Barbell was for. You suggested it be an exercise that you do 5 reps on. I wrote 6 reps. Lol, does the 1 rep make that much of a difference? 6-8 reps means you can go 7,6,6 for example. That's pretty brutally heavy for an Incline Bench movement, it means you are using ~80%+ to failure; the difference between 5 reps and 6 reps is...meh. But yeah lolz

Also, the Leg Extensions and Leg curls are done every time, they are not alternated every training session. It's done just like arms, Leg Extensions (1 min rest) Legs Curls ( 1 min rest ) Leg Extensions (1 min rest), etc; it is to save time but I mean if you want to do it separate then it's whatever. You get 2 minutes rest doing it this way anyways. Once again Front Squats and Deadlifts are being trained in the lower rep range, it shouldn't be a big deal to worry about 6 reps versus 5 reps.

Face Pulls are more for int/ext rotation for the Rotator Cuffs; not really for rear delts, although it hits rear/side delts anyways.

I'm confused what you were saying about the Chest/Delt/Tri comment. On this plan, Chest IS paired with triceps, separately from Shoulders. What ya mean? hah

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    NZNinja - That is exactly what the Incline Barbell was for. You suggested it be an exercise that you do 5 reps on. I wrote 6 reps. Lol, does the 1 rep make that much of a difference? 6-8 reps means you can go 7,6,6 for example. That's pretty brutally heavy for an Incline Bench movement, it means you are using ~80%+ to failure; the difference between 5 reps and 6 reps is...meh. But yeah lolz
    call it a preference thing then. It's not a big deal but it's the biggest problem I have with the routine. But considering that it's not a huge deal, it means I basically think there's not really much to improve here.

Also, the Leg Extensions and Leg curls are done every time, they are not alternated every training session. It's done just like arms, Leg Extensions (1 min rest) Legs Curls ( 1 min rest ) Leg Extensions (1 min rest), etc; it is to save time but I mean if you want to do it separate then it's whatever. You get 2 minutes rest doing it this way anyways. Once again Front Squats and Deadlifts are being trained in the lower rep range, it shouldn't be a big deal to worry about 6 reps versus 5 reps.
    that's good

Face Pulls are more for int/ext rotation for the Rotator Cuffs; not really for rear delts, although it hits rear/side delts anyways.
    I should probably not be so lazy with the external rotations

I'm confused what you were saying about the Chest/Delt/Tri comment. On this plan, Chest IS paired with triceps, separately from Shoulders. What ya mean? hah
    I'm saying you could train triceps with chest, or you could alternatively do it with shoulders, but giving them a separate day is probably not a good idea, (depending on the structure of the routine), as it could lead to overworking the triceps if you're already working shoulders and chest on different days, (if you don't do any pressing for shoulders then I guess you could work triceps the day after shoulders though)
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    just saying, personally i have a huge difference in adding strength between 3-5 and 6-8 rep schemes

with 3-5 it's 99% better chance of not plateauing and adding weight/reps from workout to workout

just my personal experience

IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This may be abit off topic, but how much of a difference is there working each muscle group every 4th day (like this routine) vs working each muscle every 5th day?

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    I'm saying you could train triceps with chest, or you could alternatively do it with shoulders, but giving them a separate day is probably not a good idea, (depending on the structure of the routine), as it could lead to overworking the triceps if you're already working shoulders and chest on different days, (if you don't do any pressing for shoulders then I guess you could work triceps the day after shoulders though)
    Yeah but in this routine you do Chest and Triceps together, so what are you talking about in general?

Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    just saying, personally i have a huge difference in adding strength between 3-5 and 6-8 rep schemes

with 3-5 it's 99% better chance of not plateauing and adding weight/reps from workout to workout

just my personal experience
    yeah, my strength exploded using the 3-5 rep range but I got no size out of it whatsoever. 3x5 + accessory would have helped with that though, but it's all a preference thing. If I was on a bodybuilder routine, I feel 6-8 is the best way to go to keep it real heavy with lower reps. 6 reps can come out to be ~85% of your 1RM, that's pretty brutal.

Originally Posted by IASONA View Post
    This may be abit off topic, but how much of a difference is there working each muscle group every 4th day (like this routine) vs working each muscle every 5th day?
    Well I mean over the course of a training year, if you calculated it, you would have been hitting each muscle group less than doing it every 72 hours. Idk how to answer this ?

AKA: Swolebroham Lincoln kirksofcuz's Avatar
    kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As DerekET knows I do a split similar to this posted in the routine critique thread. These are the splits I like and believe to be the most optimal. Can't go wrong with this imo.
    -Only one thing in existence has the power to tell you that you can't. That thing is the mind. For it is the mind that manifests our reality, and nothing else.

Registered Sikkunt itwasntme184's Avatar
    itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kirksofcuz View Post
    As DerekET knows I do a split similar to this posted in the routine critique thread. These are the splits I like and believe to be the most optimal. Can't go wrong with this imo.
    stfu i swear to god the next person who says optimal...
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights.

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

Originally Posted by kirksofcuz View Post
    yep you just can't go wrong

Originally Posted by itwasntme184 View Post
    stfu i swear to god the next person who says optimal...
    died. maybe I can get a moderator to take optimal out of the thread title lmao~