Registered User IdolsAndAnchors's Avatar
    IdolsAndAnchors has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Attractive gym member

First post, and in need of some advice or suggestions. I currently work as a Personal Trainer and have 1 year working as a trainer. My gym is an active club which is in a very nice area and you'll literally see nice cars outside the parking lot and of course attractive women that work out at this gym. I was prospecting for potential fitness orientations and working the floor and I spotted this very attractive girl in her early 20's asking about pre-workout supplements. The membership counselor was speaking with her but he wasn't able to answer her question. I answered her question and I immediately asked her what her goals were and she wanted to "tone" up which is a typical goal for most women. I replied with "Oh, so you want to improve your definition and add lean muscle?" She said "Yeah exactly, I work out 5-6 days a week but sometimes I miss a week because I end up being busy." I told her "Tell you what, how about I set you up with a training session with me this week and I can assess any muscular imbalances and use corrective exercises to help you figure out your fitness level." I gave her my number and I texted her this weekend to confirm our training session.

The issue is I find her very attractive and if she ends up buying training which is great and all... it might limit me from actually getting to date her, since I respect my business a lot and I couldn't date a client. I was actually planning on her training with me so she could see how training with me could be a great benefit. She works out early in the morning at the same time I do, but regardless I will do my job as a trainer and value my business and sell her training. If she doesn't buy training, I could check back with her in a week to see how her work outs are doing and ask her if she wants to be my training partner since she's consistent and serious about training. I have a lot of thoughts running in my head, and I might be over thinking this as a whole. What approach could I do to make this work out well?

Cliff notes:

- Attracted to female gym member
    - Asked her for one-on-one training
    - She confirmed and will train on wednesday with me
    - A lot of thoughts on how to handle this profesionally
    Last edited by IdolsAndAnchors; 12-04-2012 at 06:03 AM.

BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why don't you help her out first professionally and once she's learned a great deal from you, you can always break that client/trainer relationship and transition into a more very "personal" one

Or if you can't wait to date her, then don't sell the package...But then again you may be right about overthinking this when you're not even 100% certain you're her type and wants to date you...

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IdolsAndAnchors View Post
    I have a lot of thoughts running in my head, and I might be over thinking this as a whole.
    Cliffs notes above.

You will be fine don't worry about it.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dear Diary,
    ... lately I've been considering sh*tting where I eat.

alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Posts like these belong to the misc section

Oh and spoon pic

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dude seriously? You are overthinking it. She isn't going to suddenly jump your bones or want to date you because you're training her and answered a question for her. If anything she will probably get some free training because she's hot and you're going to do whatever she wants.

Next thread will be about the barista at Starbucks who remembered your order and you're wondering what size engagement ring to buy.

knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not worth it dude, u try to take things further regrless if she says yes or no. It will create waves for ur business. In gyms word travels fast, and bfore u knw it u Will be known as the guy that pounces on his trusting clients. If u even train with her, other members will pick up that ur only training with her cause she's hot.

MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a lot of thoughts running in my head, and I might be over thinking this as a whole.

Geeez, ya think? How about you do your job first, which is almost certainly what she's expecting of you, and see how that goes? If you just want to pick up chiks, find a good nightclub. Otherwise, see below.

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Dear Diary,
    LOL, perfect.
    It's 80% diet, 20% workout and 100% in the mind.

If you can read or carry on a conversation, you ain't working out.

To be different the only thing you have to do is stand fast when the herd moves.

Parking your s**t on a bench ain't the same thing as using it!

Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Dear Diary,
    sounds like a GREAT way to lose your job. Not to mention just because a girl talks to u doesn't mean you can just date her

Registered User DorianHowellFit's Avatar
    DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianHowellFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First post, and in need of some advice or suggestions. I currently work as a Personal Trainer and have 1 year working as a trainer. My gym is an active club which is in a very nice area and you'll literally see nice cars outside the parking lot and of course attractive women that work out at this gym. I was prospecting for potential fitness orientations and working the floor and I spotted this very attractive girl in her early 20's asking about pre-workout supplements. The membership counselor was speaking with her but he wasn't able to answer her question. I answered her question and I immediately asked her what her goals were and she wanted to "tone" up which is a typical goal for most women. I replied with "Oh, so you want to improve your definition and add lean muscle?" She said "Yeah exactly, I work out 5-6 days a week but sometimes I miss a week because I end up being busy." I told her "Tell you what, how about I set you up with a training session with me this week and I can assess any muscular imbalances and use corrective exercises to help you figure out your fitness level." I gave her my number and I texted her this weekend to confirm our training session.

The issue is I find her very attractive and if she ends up buying training which is great and all... it might limit me from actually getting to date her, since I respect my business a lot and I couldn't date a client. I was actually planning on her training with me so she could see how training with me could be a great benefit. She works out early in the morning at the same time I do, but regardless I will do my job as a trainer and value my business and sell her training. If she doesn't buy training, I could check back with her in a week to see how her work outs are doing and ask her if she wants to be my training partner since she's consistent and serious about training. I have a lot of thoughts running in my head, and I might be over thinking this as a whole. What approach could I do to make this work out well?

Cliff notes:

- Attracted to female gym member
    - Asked her for one-on-one training
    - She confirmed and will train on wednesday with me
    - A lot of thoughts on how to handle this profesionally
    You're thinking about this way too much, which me you'll probably blunder it. I know this dude at the gym that talks endlessly about this girl that he's having troubles with. Makes it way more complicated than it actually is.

Want to date her than do it. Want business instead than book it. Can't do both for some reason, pick which is more important.

proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbs31v17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by knight100 View Post
    Not worth it dude, u try to take things further regrless if she says yes or no. It will create waves for ur business. In gyms word travels fast, and bfore u knw it u Will be known as the guy that pounces on his trusting clients. If u even train with her, other members will pick up that ur only training with her cause she's hot.
    ^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^

For me (as a female speaking) I'd associate a personal trainer the same as I would a doctor /chiropractor/therapist/ etc. And if my therapist asked me out just because he was no longer seeing me as a client, obviously I would be uncomfortable. As a personal trainer you listen to the woman's personal flaws and issues about her body (the same reason I'd never date my very attractive pharmacist. ...he *knows* too much...), you tell her what to do with her own body, and you stare at her body while she's in an exerted, comprised state watching her pre-stretch and perform exercises making sure her form is correct. For me, I would be upset if what I thought was a professionally platonic relationship(and emotionally I needed it to be one) was obscured because secretly he was drooling over me while he was involved with all this stuff that had to do with my personal body. As far as I am concerned, I would like to believe my personal trainer would be built like a *Ken-Doll* down there, with no hormones/sexuality or anything. (Even if, in another context, I had met him I would be interested in him.) Seeing how you approached her as a professional personal trainer marketing your business / being the spokesman for your business its already too late to date her. I completely agree with Knight100. She's already seeing you as the professional and even if she doesn't become a client its going to be this *business* that took her private customer contact information or gave their contact information to her as means of underhanded chicanery for non-upfront original reasons -- or that's what its going to come off as. Its simply too risky for your growing business which is built on the foundation of a good reputation / client trust / word-of-mouth marketing.

My advise would be to stay away from her all together because of your level of physical attraction (or high libido--?) and if she calls just tell her you can't take her on as a client any more because now you are overbooked. (Spreading the rumor you are in high-demand will be good for your business anyway)

NEXT TIME you see an attractive woman start off with small talk without ever bringing up the fact you're one of the personal trainers, THAN you can ask her out. Cheers
    Last edited by proverbs31v17; 12-08-2012 at 06:05 AM.

opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this thread is worthless without pics

MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bro just train her as you would any other client.....after ask if she'd like you to show her some pelvic stretching exercises then wink and give her a nudge with your elbow. Can't go wrong.
    -We're all gonna make it brah-

Fan of classic trance? Like Fuark Classic Peakin' Tracks on ********
    ********.com/FuarkClassicPeakingTracks

*A State of Trance Crew*

~Getting shredded in memory of Zyzz~

Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shayne778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    squats (;;;
    *Negged -500k by mod and made it back into green crew*
    *NASM certified personal trainer*
    *18 years old / University of Central Florida Freshmen , go Knights!*

Learn to make your own high fiber quest bars:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162611301

Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never mix business with pleasure!
    “If you are born to the iron, you’ll know it the first time you lift†—-Joe Weider

ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm confused as to how YOU are confused about the method of conduct for professionalism for a personal trainer.

Put your BS lusts and physical desires behind you and do what your profession does best; help.
    Honestly if a friendship comes from clients, that's awesome. But focus on who you are as a CPT and carry our name with pride.
    Banish The Omen

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't be "that creepy guy.......didn't he used to be a trainer?".
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your the reason why personal trainers are stereotyped as unprofessional dumbasses. because of guys like you many females wont ever Train with male PTs. It's pt code as said earlier not to **** were you eat!

Hilburg1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who knows, maybe it could lead to more of her friends becoming your new clients!