DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I the only one who doesn't have healthy/fitness oriented friends???

Sometimes I feel like I am the only person who tries to live a healthy life!

I am not even talking about someone who works out regularly, but someone who would skip out on the big mac and get something a little better instead.

I have been working out on my own for several months and I don't really mind not having friends to share my gains with, or other fitness matters, but I wonder if any of you guys do?

Do you guys have friends who you regularly workout with or who understand that you can't go out to eat?

PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKollman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My friends call me a fitness freak just because i eat healthy and workout. I live in a relatively small broke ass town which means about 1% actually care about their bodies. Wish I could find someone locally as dedicated as me to lift with.
    Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat
    *Previously 265lb

JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100) JKrenegade is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have plenty of friends who lift with me, it's great I can't imagine not having that!
    Showing off is the fool's idea of glory - Bruce Lee

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nope. I lift solo and enjoy it. Once in a while I try to persuade the BF to learn how to give a good bench lift-off so I can use him at a meet, but he gets scared he's gonna mess something up. He doesn't lift and says it hurts his back just watching me (that bench arch!), lol, but he is very supportive of everything I do. So he just shows up at meets for moral support. Oh, and to put baby powder on my thighs

None of my friends are into lifting, or into eating all that well, aside from some sporadic "diets". But I don't hold anything against what they do, and don't ever toss out any suggestions unless they ask for it. My coworkers are very accepting of my many times "non-standard" foods I bring from home. But I fit in regular "junk" once in a while and they are quite respectful and ask if I can have whatever it is. Sometimes I say I can't fit it in right now and they aren't offended, other times they even ask when I'm having a carb load so they can bring in some homemade pasta and be astounded by my super eating skills on a carb-up, lol.

And I *love* making delectable desserts, but often can't eat a whole cheesecake or what-have-you, so my friends come in handy to pass off the goodies I make that would go bad at home.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DropthatBass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to live in a small town and I had the SAME problem... but then I moved to a much bigger city and I still have the same problem!

I mean there are definitely more fit people here but none that I actually am close to.

Originally Posted by PKollman View Post
    My friends call me a fitness freak just because i eat healthy and workout. I live in a relatively small broke ass town which means about 1% actually care about their bodies. Wish I could find someone locally as dedicated as me to lift with.

Hahaha! It must be that bench arch!

Yea, it would be nice to have a bench press partner, then I wouldn't have to ask random guys at the gym to spot me!

What desserts do you like making?

Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    Nope. I lift solo and enjoy it. Once in a while I try to persuade the BF to learn how to give a good bench lift-off so I can use him at a meet, but he gets scared he's gonna mess something up. He doesn't lift and says it hurts his back just watching me (that bench arch!), lol, but he is very supportive of everything I do. So he just shows up at meets for moral support. Oh, and to put baby powder on my thighs

None of my friends are into lifting, or into eating all that well, aside from some sporadic "diets". But I don't hold anything against what they do, and don't ever toss out any suggestions unless they ask for it. My coworkers are very accepting of my many times "non-standard" foods I bring from home. But I fit in regular "junk" once in a while and they are quite respectful and ask if I can have whatever it is. Sometimes I say I can't fit it in right now and they aren't offended, other times they even ask when I'm having a carb load so they can bring in some homemade pasta and be astounded by my super eating skills on a carb-up, lol.

And I *love* making delectable desserts, but often can't eat a whole cheesecake or what-have-you, so my friends come in handy to pass off the goodies I make that would go bad at home.

kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50) kittenesque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nope. I don't have any friends at all that are into fitness as much as I am. Whenever I say deny their offer to go out to eat, they say things along the line of "you're already small as it is" or "it's just this once". lol But other than that, they do respect what I do.

dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Me too I don't have any friends into fitness and nutrition like Me. I go out to the pub at the weekend and often just drink orange juice or tea they have to respect that but they do moan at me! I like working out on my own anyway I can get a very intense fulfilling workout.
    Sometimes I feel like giving up....

Then I remember I have a lot of mother****ers to prove wrong!

lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No. None of my friends are into training or eating well. I always get made fun of at restaurants and parties and I pretty much ignore the comments. It's a way of life and I love the results!!!

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most of my friends/ family are into fitness. Its awesome. Not necessarily lifting, but they all do something to keep fit and healthy like running, swimming, surfing etc.

monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeyroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't have one girl friend whom supports me fully. They sometimes think I'm a freak for counting macros. So, on that level I understand you. Even my family sometimes critizes me, they think I'm too obsessed with the gym because I go regularly and they don't.
    Thankfully I have been able to put all this aside and keep following my goals. One major attribution to my fitness goals is my boyfriend. He is the only one in my life who supports me and thankfully trains with me

Is it wrong that makes me happy that most of you guys run into the same problem as me? hahah

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Non of my friends are into it - only my brother who actually got me into it in the first place and isn't as fussed anymore ha? Most of my friend think its manly that i lift weights? and worry about getting bulky? Same old crap really!

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When i was in naples, i had lots of friends and gym friends who lifted. But since moving to San Diego, i have yet to find anyone who lifts or is into fitness like me.
    I still keep up with my naples friends on ********, but its not the same.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't know anyone else whose into weights/exercise like me.

On the other hand my brother is something like a raw foodist so he probably eats healthier than me

nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlavale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been called "health freak" more times than I can remember.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DropthatBass View Post
    Do you guys have friends who you regularly workout with or who understand that you can't go out to eat?
    Why can't you go out to eat? There are plenty of food sources to choose from on menus that you can easily work into your daily calories.

I have a mixture of friends, some of them are into fitness and others not so much. But at the end of the day, they all support me and I enjoy my time with all of them!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a blend of friends, some are marathon runners, cyclists, into weight lifting, others...couch potatoes. Most of my friends when I took up weight lifting, were very positive with me about it. I've read threads on here whereby some OP's complain of their friends scoffing at their fitness goals, etc. That's a shame. If you're someone's friend, one would think you'd be supportive in any venture that's meant to better them. Just my two cents.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only time it's an issue for me is when someone runs past my cubicle frothing at the mouth to tell me about the doughnuts in the break room, and I say, "No thanks," and get the, "You have three heads!" stare.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nope, I don't have any friends that like to lift or even workout. I'm the only one that tracks too.

Actually, my husbands best friend is a speed skater and sometimes lifts, but we have never worked out together. I think he would be a good workout partner though. We both are gluten intolerant/celiac and eat similarily.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Why can't you go out to eat? There are plenty of food sources to choose from on menus that you can easily work into your daily calories.

I have a mixture of friends, some of them are into fitness and others not so much. But at the end of the day, they all support me and I enjoy my time with all of them!
    I once went out with a few girls, went to the gym, showed them the ropes, lifitng - cardio allthat. Then we walk out of the gym get in the car, OOOOO lets go to mcdonalds!!! I was like uhhhh no! you dont eat mcdonalds after working out, you're trying to be healthier remember, lets go to my house and ill cook you a meal. They looked at me like i was nuts.
    Maybe thats what op means???
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tynk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most of my friends would prefer to hit the bars every night rather than going to the gym. Thankfully my room mate used to lift a lot, so he knows where I'm at and helps me to stay on track and whatnot. I recently started working out with another girl I used to go to school with as well. Didn't realize how nice it was to have a work out buddy. xD
    Yesterday was the only easy day.

MFP - kkgolder

Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DropthatBass View Post
    Is it wrong that makes me happy that most of you guys run into the same problem as me? hahah
    ^This!!! Seeing this thread makes me feel more committed to saying no to going out to eat.

But I'm not that committed compared to most of you with my lifting and counting macros atm and I do a fair bit of cardio so I give myself two cheat meals a week which I usually use to go out eating. But still.. even on cheat meals I never ever turn to McDonalds.

2 legit...2 legit 2 quit! AndreaAshley1561's Avatar
    AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndreaAshley1561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I can 100% relate to you. In high school I was on the dance team so all of my acquaintances and good friends were very active and "health conscious." Then I went off for college and all of my current friends lead sedentary life styles. No one wants to come with me to yoga or any kind of physical activity. There's always an excuse that they have "no time" to exercise *rolls eyes*

Mandyapple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't really have many friends that are health conscious or enjoy exercise. I get the weirdest stares when I refuse treats offered to me..
    Occasionally some of my female friends can be persuaded to come to the gym with me. But that being said, none of them EVER venture off the cardio machines. They are afraid of getting "too big" from using weights.

Glad I'm not the only one

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would suggest balance if you are in this for the long haul. There is no reason you cannot go out to eat with your friends - you just need to make wise choices. I used to always get a chicken breast burger with mustard and then a side salad, with a rum & diet coke when going out with friends (and I maintained 120lbs like this for years). It's not like you have to eat the zucchini rings and 4 beers. It's all about long-term solutions.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, I have no friends into lifting or healthy eating. It doesn't matter, I don't work out with them and I just eat what I want. My husband is very into lifting so that's good enough and tbh the only one that I care who should be supportive. The rest of us just live our lives

kipfilet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most call it obsessive, I call it dedication

Yet a fluffy MarshMallow Ma110W's Avatar
    Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    zucchini rings
    Well this sounds like a delicious treat that I've never had

BRB google searching zucchini rings.

Edit: I totally lied, my mom used to make those all the time, I just never really thought about what they were called.

RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Happy I am not alone. Most of my friends are long distance runners. None do any weight bearing or even bodyweight exercises. All are eating low calories. You would think at least they are fitness minded, right? Our conversations go something like that: oh, you look great, what have you been doing? Me:same old, picking up heavy things and putting them down. Friendh, you should stop doing that, you'll get bulky. Thankfully, I train at home so I don't have to put up with this ignorance in the gym as well.