jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Anyone use these 200lb adjustable dumbells before?

I'm thinking of ordering theses from Amazon, by MTN Gearsmith:

New 200 Lbs (100lbs x 2pc) dumbbell kit: One Pair of Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbells Kits + Free Resistance Band kit

It seems like a good deal. Anyone else try them out?

Sorry I can't post a direct link, I only have 27posts.

Thank you,

jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000)
    They appear to just be standard spinlock dumbbells. I'm sure they'll work fine if that is the route you decide to go. Personally, I would recommend looking into IronMaster Quick Lock dumbbells. They are going to cost more, but are well worth the investment IMO. Faster weight changes, more upgradability, no posts sticking out, the collars don't loosen, etc.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't have them but I've seen them on eBay... might be the same seller even.

If you buy used Cap standard plates from Play It Again Sports, 200 lbs will cost $120 plus $12 for a pair of handles. New price is typically $1 a pound and $20 for a pair of handles which is still cheaper than the set from Amazon. It's still cheaper to buy elsewhere even if you add in the cost of resistance bands.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have these dumbbells. I was planning on just buying standard handles and weights to make my own adjustable db's until I found these. They aren't just typical handles you can get at Walmart. They are very long to accommodate a large amount of plates. The other thing that I love about them is the very secure bolt to lock in the weights... It's much better than you typically see. When youre doing overhead tri's you'll feel comfortable that these weights won't come falling on your dome. Overall if youre not going to use heavy weight, save your money and just go get handles and plates, but I farmers walk with these every day completely loaded (yeah I'm the guy in the neighborhood just walking around with big ass dumbbells..) and couldn't be happier with em. An I got them for 170 shipped on eBay, just gotta be patient for one to go cheap, there is a sale ending everyday for them.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post

If you buy used Cap standard plates from Play It Again Sports, 200 lbs will cost $120 plus $12 for a pair of handles. New price is typically $1 a pound and $20 for a pair of handles which is still cheaper than the set from Amazon. It's still cheaper to buy elsewhere even if you add in the cost of resistance bands.

PIAS stores are independently owned/operated, so their prices are all over the place. I have two within 15 minutes of my house and there's $.09/lb difference between them on used weights, and much larger price differences on used equipment.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jordynsdaddy View Post
    I have these dumbbells. I was planning on just buying standard handles and weights to make my own adjustable db's until I found these. They aren't just typical handles you can get at Walmart. They are very long to accommodate a large amount of plates. The other thing that I love about them is the very secure bolt to lock in the weights... It's much better than you typically see. When youre doing overhead tri's you'll feel comfortable that these weights won't come falling on your dome. Overall if youre not going to use heavy weight, save your money and just go get handles and plates, but I farmers walk with these every day completely loaded (yeah I'm the guy in the neighborhood just walking around with big ass dumbbells..) and couldn't be happier with em. An I got them for 170 shipped on eBay, just gotta be patient for one to go cheap, there is a sale ending everyday for them.
    Thank you
    I out grew and sold my bowlfex 52lbs
    Been doing barbell only for a year
    time to get heavy dumbells but those ironmaster? ones are PRICEY compared to these. Yeah they are better but that's a lot of dough.

I might give them a whirl and see now. Thanks for the info!

jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jasonp360 View Post
    Thank you
    I out grew and sold my bowlfex 52lbs
    Been doing barbell only for a year
    time to get heavy dumbells but those ironmaster? ones are PRICEY compared to these. Yeah they are better but that's a lot of dough.

I might give them a whirl and see now. Thanks for the info!
    absolutely, I'd agree there are probably better dumbbells out there, but in the time I've had them, the only real draw back i can see is they aren't quick change. But personally I enjoy the sound of the plates clanking when i'm stacking these bad boys up...

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    PIAS stores are independently owned/operated, so their prices are all over the place. I have two within 15 minutes of my house and there's $.09/lb difference between them on used weights, and much larger price differences on used equipment.
    I'm jealous. There's only one in this little town. I have family in Georgia and there's usually some nice gear on the Atlanta Craigslist... they're coming here for the holiday though.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm jealous. There's only one in this little town. I have family in Georgia and there's usually some nice gear on the Atlanta Craigslist... they're coming here for the holiday though.

Not only do we have two within 15 minute of the house, there are three more within 45 minutes of here. If you can't find decent used equipment in this area, you're doing something wrong.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Update I saved up and went for the Ironmaster Quick-Lock and must say it was worth it

I have a pics but can't post them I only have 29 posts LOL

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've used very similar spinlock dumbbells, short and longer versions to allow for more plates.

They're okay if you have four pairs of dumbbell handles, or don't mind waiting a while to change the weights.

I now have pro style dumbbells 10kg pairs to 27.5kg pairs, and a 40kg and 45kg pair.

They take up a lot of space, adjustable power blocks take a while to adjust if you're removing the adder weights, and they're not quite as strong as pro style or hex.

Iron masters seems to be the best compromise, very heavy duty, relatively quick to change and cost effective.

I'm glad you could afford the extra for the iron masters.

If iron masters were cheap here in the uk I would of got them...

Originally Posted by iportal View Post
    I've used very similar spinlock dumbbells, short and longer versions to allow for more plates.

They're okay if you have four pairs of dumbbell handles, or don't mind waiting a while to change the weights.

I now have pro style dumbbells 10kg pairs to 27.5kg pairs, and a 40kg and 45kg pair.

They take up a lot of space, adjustable power blocks take a while to adjust if you're removing the adder weights, and they're not quite as strong as pro style or hex.

Iron masters seems to be the best compromise, very heavy duty, relatively quick to change and cost effective.

I'm glad you could afford the extra for the iron masters.

If iron masters were cheap here in the uk I would of got them...
    They were $500 and $88 for shipping

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz

Essentially what I did. The cheap set-up I have goes to 80 pounds per handle and I have never worried about them coming undone.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

After using them for a week or so I have to say the Ironmasters are really nice.
    Only complaint is they are a bit "sharp" when resting on body parts vs. traditional dumbells ie: resting on knees/thighs before a shoulder press you have to be concious and not have them on an angle on your legs vs. hex

I'm happy so far!