hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

foods i should eat

So after a while of calculating my calories and macros I came to a conclusion.

Weighing about 170 lbs, 5'11 ft high, 21 years old.
    Having a very active job and about to start going hard on the gym.
    Doing full body workouts every other day is my plan.

Correct me if I'm somewhat off please.

So my calorie intake should be 3060. Plus a 500 cal surplus

3560 calories a day
    170g protein
    136- 170g fat. Probably go with about 150g fat
    And 680 carbs

Sound about right?

Well my next step is choosing a good diet. Which I will be going grocery shopping in about 2 hours for my diet. I'm on a 100$ budget for this week so hopefully ill have enough.

My question is, which types of foods will be best for my diet.

A lot of the foods i see have very little carbs and fats.

I got myself some 100 percent whey powder as well.

Also another question.

I heard every carb, protein, and fat contains calories.

I will need to calculate these calories to fit into my normal calorie intake right?

If that's true, can someone tell me how many calories does each g of carbs, proteins, and fats contains?

And one last question for everyone, around how much do you guys spend monthly on your diets? I get paid 350$ a week so ill probably be able to afford a decent diet, just hoping I won't be left with 5$ at the end of the month

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hard2name View Post
    3560 calories a day
    170g protein
    And 680 carbs

Sound about right?
    No it's wrong

1g carb/protein = 4 cal
    1g fat = 9 cal
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hard2name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    No it's wrong

1g carb/protein = 4 cal
    1g fat = 9 cal
    I meant.. does my cal intake and macros sound correct.

Ill have to add every cal from every carb/protein / fat into my cal intake right?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz

Ill have to add every cal from every carb/protein / fat into my cal intake right?
    he was telling you thhat your protein, carbs and fat calories dont add up to your total because fat has 9 calories per gram not 4
    You would be eating a lot more than 3560 calories with those macros
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No it's wrong like I said
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    he was telling you thhat your protein, carbs and fat calories dont add up to your total because fat has 9 calories per gram not 4
    You would be eating a lot more than 3560 calories with those macros
    Yeah that's what I meant lol.. sorry if I didn't elaborate correctly.. but yeah.. ill be adding the macros cal into my cal intake to make up the full 3560.

But other than that... everything in my macros and cal intake seems good right?

If I'm still wrong, what am I doing wrong? I did some math as shown on the stickies and that's what I got

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Yeah that's what I meant lol.. sorry if I didn't elaborate correctly.. but yeah.. ill be adding the macros cal into my cal intake to make up the full 3560.

But other than that... everything in my macros and cal intake seems good right?

If I'm still wrong, what am I doing wrong? I did some math as shown on the stickies and that's what I got
    then repost accurate macros if you think you understand
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    then repost accurate macros if you think you understand
    Damn some people on here really don't like helping. Possibly some of you don't want other people getting fit.

When did I say I understand this 100 percent? I'm asking if I'm correct here.. I'm posting what i think I'm supposed to be consuming, not telling you that I know what I have to take.

Instead of bashing on my calculations why not try and help out instead?

Thanks for posting anyways

^^^

WTF

Your macros MUST equal your caloric intake

Calories :18cal / lb x body weight (170) day
    Protein : 1g x 170 = 170g daily
    Carbs : 3-4g x 170 = 510- 680
    Fat: .4-1g x 170 = 68- 170

4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4343 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    steak n' eggs

WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So after a while of calculating my calories and macros I came to a conclusion.

Weighing about 170 lbs, 5'11 ft high, 21 years old.
    Having a very active job and about to start going hard on the gym.
    Doing full body workouts every other day is my plan.

Correct me if I'm somewhat off please.

So my calorie intake should be 3060. Plus a 500 cal surplus

3560 calories a day
    170g protein
    And 680 carbs

Sound about right?

Well my next step is choosing a good diet. Which I will be going grocery shopping in about 2 hours for my diet. I'm on a 100$ budget for this week so hopefully ill have enough.

My question is, which types of foods will be best for my diet.

A lot of the foods i see have very little carbs and fats.

I got myself some 100 percent whey powder as well.

Also another question.

I heard every carb, protein, and fat contains calories.

I will need to calculate these calories to fit into my normal calorie intake right?

If that's true, can someone tell me how many calories does each g of carbs, proteins, and fats contains?

And one last question for everyone, around how much do you guys spend monthly on your diets? I get paid 350$ a week so ill probably be able to afford a decent diet, just hoping I won't be left with 5$ at the end of the month
    TBF the other posters in this have largely bashed you without giving any solid advice... if youve worked out your bulking cals make sure you get atleast 150g protein, around 80g fats and fill your remaining cals how you wish remembering carbs and protein = 4 cals a gram and fat = 9. There are no foods to avoid or purposely buy, eat foods you like to hit your macros and eat enough whole food to make sure your getting micronutrient sufficiency, however obvious staples for most here are chicken,eggs PB,whey, ground beef etc... hope this helped.

Thanks wunsen, I'm just need to ask you this again.

Will I need to calculate all my protein / carbs / and fat calories into my calorie intake to make it add up to 3500? Say.
    Say ill add the 150g protein cals into the main cal intake? Which will be about 600 cals.

So I'm at 2900 normal cals,and add the 600 protein cals to add up to 3500?