Registered User AmbitiousLift3r's Avatar
    AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Neurocore vs C4 Extreme

Hey guys, long time lurker, recently created an account, and I decided that my first post would be my own take on two popular PWOs.
    I got the idea after seeing a similar thread by Volcompat

I have been using Neurocore for about 3 weeks now, and I started out with 1 scoop for week 1, which gave me some desirable effects, but since then I have moved up to 2 scoops.
    I recently received a free 5-serving sample of C4 Extreme, and I would like to share my feelings of the two products to help those who are undecided on which product to purchase.

Let me start by saying: The appearance of the powders were very similar, while C4 had a much stronger smell just by opening the packet.
    Now, onto the comparison!

MuscleTech Neurocore Fruit Punch

Taste: 7/10 The taste is not too good, but it is not unbearable, and I usually just chug the whole thing with no problems.

Mixability: 9/10 This mixes pretty well, you do not need a blender bottle for this powder, I just use a glass and a spoon. Very little left on the bottom of the glass.

Focus: 9.5/10 The focus on this product was unbelievable, I could definitely feel as if I had taken a PWO powder about 15-20 mins after consuming. It was as if I had tunnel vision while at the gym, I easily tuned out the gyms music, and the people around me, definitely in my zone.

Energy: 9/10 The energy I had was great, when I would come home tired, it only took 2 scoops to make me feel as if I had just gotten a nights sleep. The effects would last around an hour, then slowly decline. Sometimes I even take a half scoop in the morning when I don't have time to grab a coffee.

Pump: 8/10 The pump I received was decent, on some days its not really there, and on other days it felt simply amazing.

After-Effect: 8/10 While I didn't crash completely, I could feel a slight decrease in energy about 2 - 2.5 after consuming, never to the point of falling asleep, and lesser than the crash I receive from coffee.

Overall: 8.75/10 A solid product, and I have recently order another 45-serving tub, I could care less about the taste, and I absolutely loved the focus I received. This was my first MuscleTech product, and I was pleased, I had read negative reviews of MuscleTech, but to my understanding, they have changed their products for the better. If I could get a consistant pump off this product it would be a 10/10 PWO.

Cellucor C4 Extreme Blue Raspberry

Taste: 8.25/10 The taste on this product was pretty good, I had heard good things about the taste, so I drank the ~10oz in a few sips, the initial flavor was great, but the aftertaste was a little too sour/sugary for my taste (I'm the kind of person who doesn't eat candy because its too sweet or sour) I am certain that there are some people on diets who would appreciate the sugary taste more than me.

Mixability: 8.5 This didn't mix as well as Neurocore for me, with only a few little chunks at the bottom, but less residue on the sides on the glass.

Focus: 7/10 Now, maybe this is just my experience, but the focus I received from this was pretty crappy, I took pauses between reps, sometimes even stopping for a couple minutes to browse this site on my phone. I did not have tunnel vision on this, which was disappointing, but on the positive side, I felt more natural on C4, less under the influence of the product, even those I matched the doses, with 1.5 scoops of C4 equalling 2 scoops of Neurocore in terms of caffeine consumption (roughly 220mg).

Energy: 8.5/10 The energy was clean, but not as powerful as Neurocore, during the workout, I felt somewhat drained, but oddly enough, once the workout was finished, I felt refreshed, to me this was good, that is why this product gets an 8.5.

Pump: 9/10 The pump on C4 was great, my muscles felt swollen, yet defined. This effect lasted about 2 hours post workout, until it slowly tapered down. I especially felt a pump in my biceps.

After-Effect: 9/10 The refreshing feeling after finishing my routine, stayed with me almost the whole night (about 3.5 hours) that was nice.

Overall: 8/10 A good product, but I rely on my PWO powder to provide me with increased focus, which I felt this product lacked, at least for me. Some people may enjoy this more than me though. Strength on the two were pretty close, possibly more in C4's favor, but I felt like the few extra pounds did less for me, as my sets were much farther apart.

On a side note, my vascularity was slightly better on Neurocore, and my water cravings were about equal between the two.

Well, this was my first post, enjoy!
    Hope this helps those who are contemplating between the two, it depends on what you are looking for.
    Last edited by AmbitiousLift3r; 06-14-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the review and welcome to BB.com

I agree that for a PreWO being able to keep your focus to drive through a set is very important. I have found little else that I like as much as Neurocore and it remains a staple in my routine.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechJake's Avatar
    MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice review man, I like when guys take the time to breakdown the product in several categories. Gives us good insight on what's working in the product and where it can be improved.

Thanks for the feedback. repped.
    Team MuscleTech Rep

★ VOTE PHASE8 – Nominated for Supplement of the Year, Breakout Supplement of the Year, and Best Overall Protein Powder ★
    ★Combine your 10% OFF Coupon Code for Voting with any of the deals below!★

B1G1 FREE PHASE8 (4.4 Lb Tubs!!)
    B1G1 FREE CREACORE (All Flavors!)
    B1G1 FREE NEUROCORE

★★★ FREE MuscleTech Samples ★★★ (Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite, NeuroCore, Anabolic Halo)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151312683

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AmbitiousLift3r View Post
    Hey guys, long time lurker, recently created an account, and I decided that my first post would be my own take on two popular PWOs.
    I got the idea after seeing a similar thread by Volcompat

I have been using Neurocore for about 3 weeks now, and I started out with 1 scoop for week 1, which gave me some desirable effects, but since then I have moved up to 2 scoops.
    I recently received a free 5-serving sample of C4 Extreme, and I would like to share my feelings of the two products to help those who are undecided on which product to purchase.

Let me start by saying: The appearance of the powders were very similar, while C4 had a much stronger smell just by opening the packet.
    Now, onto the comparison!

MuscleTech Neurocore Fruit Punch

Taste: 7/10 The taste is not too good, but it is not unbearable, and I usually just chug the whole thing with no problems.

Mixability: 9/10 This mixes pretty well, you do not need a blender bottle for this powder, I just use a glass and a spoon. Very little left on the bottom of the glass.

Focus: 9.5/10 The focus on this product was unbelievable, I could definitely feel as if I had taken a PWO powder about 15-20 mins after consuming. It was as if I had tunnel vision while at the gym, I easily tuned out the gyms music, and the people around me, definitely in my zone.

Energy: 9/10 The energy I had was great, when I would come home tired, it only took 2 scoops to make me feel as if I had just gotten a nights sleep. The effects would last around an hour, then slowly decline. Sometimes I even take a half scoop in the morning when I don't have time to grab a coffee.

Pump: 8/10 The pump I received was decent, on some days its not really there, and on other days it felt simply amazing.

After-Effect: 8/10 While I didn't crash completely, I could feel a slight decrease in energy about 2 - 2.5 after consuming, never to the point of falling asleep, and lesser than the crash I receive from coffee.

Overall: 8.75/10 A solid product, and I have recently order another 45-serving tub, I could care less about the taste, and I absolutely loved the focus I received. This was my first MuscleTech product, and I was pleased, I had read negative reviews of MuscleTech, but to my understanding, they have changed their products for the better. If I could get a consistant pump off this product it would be a 10/10 PWO.

Cellucor C4 Extreme Blue Raspberry

Taste: 8.25/10 The taste on this product was pretty good, I had heard good things about the taste, so I drank the ~10oz in a few sips, the initial flavor was great, but the aftertaste was a little too sour/sugary for my taste (I'm the kind of person who doesn't eat candy because its too sweet or sour) I am certain that there are some people on diets who would appreciate the sugary taste more than me.

Mixability: 8.5 This didn't mix as well as Neurocore for me, with only a few little chunks at the bottom, but less residue on the sides on the glass.

Focus: 7/10 Now, maybe this is just my experience, but the focus I received from this was pretty crappy, I took pauses between reps, sometimes even stopping for a couple minutes to browse this site on my phone. I did not have tunnel vision on this, which was disappointing, but on the positive side, I felt more natural on C4, less under the influence of the product, even those I matched the doses, with 1.5 scoops of C4 equalling 2 scoops of Neurocore in terms of caffeine consumption (roughly 220mg).

Energy: 8.5/10 The energy was clean, but not as powerful as Neurocore, during the workout, I felt somewhat drained, but oddly enough, once the workout was finished, I felt refreshed, to me this was good, that is why this product gets an 8.5.

Pump: 9/10 The pump on C4 was great, my muscles felt swollen, yet defined. This effect lasted about 2 hours post workout, until it slowly tapered down. I especially felt a pump in my biceps.

After-Effect: 9/10 The refreshing feeling after finishing my routine, stayed with me almost the whole night (about 3.5 hours) that was nice.

Overall: 8/10 A good product, but I rely on my PWO powder to provide me with increased focus, which I felt this product lacked, at least for me. Some people may enjoy this more than me though. Strength on the two were pretty close, possibly more in C4's favor, but I felt like the few extra pounds did less for me, as my sets were much farther apart.

On a side note, my vascularity was slightly better on Neurocore, and my water cravings were about equal between the two.

Well, this was my first post, enjoy!
    Hope this helps those who are contemplating between the two, it depends on what you are looking for.

I like the review style, but I feel like by not using the 2 scoops of C4 ( I can provide more samples if needed) , you were not getting the full experience. C4 is made to be able to use a max dose for those who are no stim sensitive, and also so you can get adequate levels of nitrates. A .5 serving, because of its condensed formulation can make a large difference. I usually tell people to use 2, and back down to 1.5 if they find its over stimulating, or don't like the beta alanine flush.

Also, we do not use yohimbine per our customer requests. I do like Rauwolscine,we do however use it in our M5 2in1, which is a customizable Ignite/Build product where you can pick the stims seperate from the muscle building portion.

So, in a way this is the avenue we took to sweeten the pie for those about the hardcore workouts.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ce...me-2-in-1.html

The upgrade to C4, the evolution of the pre workout.

30 Servings - $66.87 + 10% coupon....

Pretty solid deal when you get 60 servings of stim on top, and 30 full workouts of build.
    Last edited by MikeCellucor; 06-15-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbitiousLift3r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    Thanks for the review and welcome to BB.com

I agree that for a PreWO being able to keep your focus to drive through a set is very important. I have found little else that I like as much as Neurocore and it remains a staple in my routine.
    Thanks buddy!

Originally Posted by MuscleTechJake View Post
    Nice review man, I like when guys take the time to breakdown the product in several categories. Gives us good insight on what's working in the product and where it can be improved.

Thanks for the feedback. repped.
    Thanks! Glad I could help

Originally Posted by MikeCellucor View Post
    I like the review style, but I feel like by not using the 2 scoops of C4 ( I can provide more samples if needed) , you were not getting the full experience. C4 is made to be able to use a max dose for those who are no stim sensitive, and also so you can get adequate levels of nitrates. A .5 serving, because of its condensed formulation can make a large difference. I usually tell people to use 2, and back down to 1.5 if they find its over stimulating, or don't like the beta alanine flush.

Also, we do not use yohimbine per our customer requests. I do like Rauwolscine,we do however use it in our M5 2in1, which is a customizable Ignite/Build product where you can pick the stims seperate from the muscle building portion.

So, in a way this is the avenue we took to sweeten the pie for those about the hardcore workouts.

The upgrade to C4, the evolution of the pre workout.

30 Servings - $66.87 + 10% coupon....

Pretty solid deal when you get 60 servings of stim on top, and 30 full workouts of build.
    Alright, I could get another 5-serving packet from my friend, and this time i'll try it with 2 scoops. The reason why I compared 2 scoops of Neurocore to 1.5 scoops of C4 Extreme, was due to the directions on Neurocore that say you can use up to 3 scoops, while the directions on C4 Extreme say you can use up to 2 scoops. I figured it would be fairer if I didn't use the max dose for one brand, compared to a lesser dose of the other.

In conclusion, I will compare 3 scoops of Neurocore (max dose) to 2 scoops of C4 Extreme (max dose) for a better idea of the two products.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice head to head review!

Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    nice head to head review!
    Thanks!
    By the way, just started taking Molecular Fusion X-Factor, loving it so far!

stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice review

I love Neurocore myself...c4 is ok tastes better..

I have amazing endurance with nuerocore.

My muscle dont seem to burn out on nc

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice review! I personally love the C4 though. Only main reason C4 > neurocore IMO was the bathroom side effects neurocore gave me. Im not talking about the ones you get before you lift because of the caffeine but i got the ones where i was on the toilet alllll day! Like literally i would get back to my dorm, shower and leave for class... 15 minutes later i was stuck in the bathroom for 30 minutes! Thought it was just a one time thing so kept using it but it kept happening for about a week. After that it was fine but that first week was brutal. I bought another tub recently though to test it out again
    Personal Journal (ISSA-SSC, AFAA-CGFI, SPT)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175995851

Originally Posted by stan47islav View Post
    Nice review

I love Neurocore myself...c4 is ok tastes better..

I have amazing endurance with nuerocore.

My muscle dont seem to burn out on nc
    Thanks!
    Same here, my muscles recover quickly when I take it too

Originally Posted by gallagnm View Post
    Nice review! I personally love the C4 though. Only main reason C4 > neurocore IMO was the bathroom side effects neurocore gave me. Im not talking about the ones you get before you lift because of the caffeine but i got the ones where i was on the toilet alllll day! Like literally i would get back to my dorm, shower and leave for class... 15 minutes later i was stuck in the bathroom for 30 minutes! Thought it was just a one time thing so kept using it but it kept happening for about a week. After that it was fine but that first week was brutal. I bought another tub recently though to test it out again
    Really? I have experienced the bathroom visit quickly after drinking Neurocore, but not to the point where it is a laxative for me!
    The diuretic effect only lasted about a week for me though! So best of luck to you on your new tub, haha

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AmbitiousLift3r View Post
    Thanks!
    Same here, my muscles recover quickly when I take it too

Really? I have experienced the bathroom visit quickly after drinking Neurocore, but not to the point where it is a laxative for me!
    The diuretic effect only lasted about a week for me though! So best of luck to you on your new tub, haha
    lol thanks man. Effective pre workout just couldnt stand that side effect. Will give it a go and post my responses... idk when ill get around to neurocore though, could be a while.
    Personal Journal (ISSA-SSC, AFAA-CGFI, SPT)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175995851

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    havent tried C4 but just had an awesome workout on NeuroCore

jeremyakin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the review! Very helpful
    Jeremy

stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP i agree. Neurocore is a very good supp. I alternate between that (grape flavor) and focus xt and mix each with hemavol or body octane. Nice review and welcome.
    "get your mouth guard out cause I am going in deeeep and dry"
    -400lb Gorilla

MFC