lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

resistant exercises for abdominal hernia

last december i noticed a bump on my stomach, (left side just above belly button) and went to the doc and she told me its just an abnormality and i can keep lifting, juijitzu etc. Yesterday i went for a check-up with a different doc and asked them what they thought it was and he reckoned it is a hernia. He told me that it will be fine, and told me that i shouldn't lift heavy weights. I have been lifting heavy since january and it hasn't gotten bigger.

I am a personal trainer and was planning on competing in a body-building comp end of next year. I am freaking out abit at what i should do, i don't want to lose size/ strength but don't want to make it worse.
    should i try and put my name on the list for surgery,
    Are there any exercises i can do to strengthen the inner abdominal wall so that it can be closed in abit more?
    What resistance exercises can i do?
    Can i do bench, pullups etc?

lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lplionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i had a hernia surgery and had to VERY slowly build up my ab strength again. start with just a couple sit ups 3x a week. then work up to 20 situps 3x a week. then start doig leg raises. always check w/ a doc first

yeah contemplating surgery, i gave the doc an email to see whether i should

Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've had 3 hernia surgeries. Your best bet is to suck it up, get it fixed, and heal up so you can get on with life.

Think of it this way...would you rather slowly recover/regain your ab strength, or tiptoe around the hernia trying not to worsen it? Either way is going to hinder your goals. It griped my ass too dude.
    7 foot tall crew checking in