sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

will i have enough time to prepare

I am planing on doing a show on april 13, however right now im sitting at about 15% bf and im not too sure if i will be able to get into contest prep shape in time. I am also going away for the holidays for a little over a week, and i know its gunna be almost impossible to stick to my diet while im gone so im pretty sure that i will gain a couple lbs in that time.

my question is if im at about 14-15% bf with roughly 15 weeks until the contest is that enough time to get conditioned without losing a bunch of muscle? or should i just look for a later show to compete in?

for reference you can use my avi pic

thanks

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hard to say without more info. How much total weight do you need to drop?

Looks like you need to maybe drop 22#??? I don't think a pound and a half a week is too outrageous.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It'll be close, but doable so long as you don't pack on 5-10 lbs of fat over the holidays. Most of my clients who have April shows coming up are starting prep in the next week or two, as waiting until the new year is too late IMO. Of course, this all depends on how much weight you have to lose.

chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is plenty of time to get into top shape... Map out the days and weeks till the show, get a grasp on your Ks and Macros, increase the cardio and do the work...

Good Luck!
    CEO at BPI Sports
    InstaGram @chrismac_365

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sjansen1 View Post
    I am planing on doing a show on april 13, however right now im sitting at about 15% bf and im not too sure if i will be able to get into contest prep shape in time. I am also going away for the holidays for a little over a week, and i know its gunna be almost impossible to stick to my diet while im gone so im pretty sure that i will gain a couple lbs in that time.

my question is if im at about 14-15% bf with roughly 15 weeks until the contest is that enough time to get conditioned without losing a bunch of muscle? or should i just look for a later show to compete in?

for reference you can use my avi pic

thanks
    Why do you think that? I would think with the prospect of a show in April you would have the motivation to eat well on vacation. Even if you can't eat squeaky clean you can still maintain your deficit if you plan your meals correctly. I think you can do it.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Hard to say without more info. How much total weight do you need to drop?

Looks like you need to maybe drop 22#??? I don't think a pound and a half a week is too outrageous.
    its hard to say exactly how much weight ill need to drop, but your probably in the ball park with it being some where around 20-25lbs, and for your other question its not so much the motivation of getting through the holiday but the fact that i wont have very good choices of foods to choose from so it will be tough to keep at a deficit, but i am going to do my best, thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    It'll be close, but doable so long as you don't pack on 5-10 lbs of fat over the holidays. Most of my clients who have April shows coming up are starting prep in the next week or two, as waiting until the new year is too late IMO. Of course, this all depends on how much weight you have to lose.
    i have already started cutting and i have dropped a good 10lbs already, but i was pretty fat when i started, so im going to do my best to keep cutting through the holidays, thanks for the reply!

Originally Posted by chrismac365 View Post
    That is plenty of time to get into top shape... Map out the days and weeks till the show, get a grasp on your Ks and Macros, increase the cardio and do the work...

Good Luck!
    thank you, hopefully ill be ready by the time comes

Originally Posted by sjansen1 View Post
    its hard to say exactly how much weight ill need to drop, but your probably in the ball park with it being some where around 20-25lbs, and for your other question its not so much the motivation of getting through the holiday but the fact that i wont have very good choices of foods to choose from so it will be tough to keep at a deficit, but i am going to do my best, thanks for the reply
    Yeah I understand that. Unfortunately you have to be anal about asking for everything be prepared dry. Just stick to menu items that take less steps to cook and are similar to your typical diet....choose grilled or steamed over sautéed or pan seared...less ingredients and unpronounceable ones usually means less surprises. Eating things similar to your typical diet will help you keep better tabs on caloric content. I use an app like MyFitnessPal to track everything and that helps a load....when I have found myself eating an off plan meal during prep (although a rare occurrence) I try to look at a menu before hand and weigh my options to determine the best choice.

And then there is also the possibility of bringing most your own foods for the trip. I've never done it for an entire week but I've definitely brought a weekend's worth of food for a trip back home just to avoid the temptation of momma's home cooking

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Yeah I understand that. Unfortunately you have to be anal about asking for everything be prepared dry. Just stick to menu items that take less steps to cook and are similar to your typical diet....choose grilled or steamed over sautéed or pan seared...less ingredients and unpronounceable ones usually means less surprises. Eating things similar to your typical diet will help you keep better tabs on caloric content. I use an app like MyFitnessPal to track everything and that helps a load....when I have found myself eating an off plan meal during prep (although a rare occurrence) I try to look at a menu before hand and weigh my options to determine the best choice.

And then there is also the possibility of bringing most your own foods for the trip. I've never done it for an entire week but I've definitely brought a weekend's worth of food for a trip back home just to avoid the temptation of momma's home cooking
    ya im going to try and count everything to the best of my ability, the myfitnesspal ap is great iv been using that for a while.
    lol ya idk about bringing a full week of food onto an airplane, but im definitely going to atleast bring some whey with me, thanks for the advice