thompson13b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help/guidance for one of my Soldiers in my unit.

I have a Soldier who is about to get kicked out of the Army for busting weight and tape. He has been given plenty of chances, and he brought this upon himself, however since he just had a kid, my commander is trying to give him yet another chance. I have been tsked as the NCO to get him to within tape standards by mid january. He is currently 245lbs, and 28% body fat using the Army's not so accurate body fat calculator. His target weight is 194, which I know I cant get him to in this short ammount of time, but if i can get him down to 22-24% body fat it might save his job. I would really appreciate any guidance, or workout suggestions from anyone here that would know how to do this, im not a total noob in the gym, but I have never really worked out with a plan. I will be able to take this kid to the gym 2 times a day most days, and I plan on putting him on an eliptical or treadmill in the morning because during pt hours the weight room is packed. In the afternoon I thought I would have him doing light to medium weight compound weight training, i do not want him to add weight, but I know that weight training large muscle groups will boost his metabolism. Any help anyone can give would be great, this guy is a good Soldier, with 1 deployment to a very bad part of Afghanistan, where he did his job as an artilleryman well, and I would like to make his last chance to stay in the military as successful as posible. Any advice or guidance would be helpful, thank you.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good morning, thought I'd offer some input although it seems like you've got things down pretty well. I'm in the Coast Guard and have helped a few members get off the weight program and also seen a few kicked out. You sound like a good person to be helping out with this, just remember it's mostly dependent on the Soldier's motivation whether he'll be successful or not.
    The 2x/day sounds good. Compound lifts will get the best results and an hour of cardio in the morning should be enough.
    Does the Soldier know anything about nutrition? Most of the people I've had to help get off the weight program had zero idea about calories.
    I hope this turns out well. Keep up the good work.

Location: WOLVERHAMPTON, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    getoutandabout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gym work is good but you need to get him doing interval training, try a 20/10 ratio 20 seconds work at 100% then 10 seconds active rest, repeat the process 6-8 times. this workout can be done on any of the cardio machines but i would avoid the tread mill as they take time to speed up and slow down.
    the same process can be added to resistance training. try it with such exercises as push ups, sit ups and squats. This is great for losing weight and toning up while keeping strength

hope this helps
    I was a PTI and spent most my time getting troops ready for deployment or training recruits... nothing beats putting on a burgen and going for a tab followed by a circuit session
    EVERYWHERE IS YOUR GYM

getoutandaboutfitness.com

SDELITEPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDELITEPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First get his food intake correct cut out all the extra calories if there is any. I would incorporate burpees have him due them twice a day. Start with 2 burpees and then everyday add 1 more until get to atleast 100 kind of like a challenge or game. I have used this on alot of people believe me he will drop the weight gain strength and build up his cardio. good luck.
    [Official] San Diego Brah

Get it Right
    www.sandiegoelitefitness.com

ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButcherPLer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't forget about neck and trap work to help him pass the tape.