Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Please help this obese girl

Hi everyone,

hope ya'll are doin well

So i am here because i want to change. At the moment I am around 265lbs (120kgs) , maybe a little more now. I am 5 feet 8.5 inches

I use to be healthy weight until I got a bad thyroid due to contraception and everything went down hill. I gained 60 kgs (132lbs) in 1.5 years.

I feel really depressed and not sure how to do this. I dont want to wait 1 year to lose it all, but I also dont want loose/saggy skin.. so please help.

I have joined the gym and also have membership to the local pools as I enjoy swimming.

Thank you,

Regards,
    Taz
    Last edited by unhappygirl; 12-01-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: adding height

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are either 265 POUNDS or KILOGRAMS, you WILL have loose skin no matter what. Count calories, stop eating junkfood, although you can eat junkfood and lose weight you need to change your eating habits. Fat is lost from calorie deficit so dont try to outexercise a poor diet (poor diet meaning not being in a calorie deficit).
    Get a digital scale, digital food scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons and prepare all of your food yourself to hold yourself accountable.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unhappygirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by serpentarius View Post
    if you are either 265 pounds or kilograms, you will have loose skin no matter what. Count calories, stop eating junkfood, although you can eat junkfood and lose weight you need to change your eating habits. Fat is lost from calorie deficit so dont try to outexercise a poor diet (poor diet meaning not being in a calorie deficit).
    Get a digital scale, digital food scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons and prepare all of your food yourself to hold yourself accountable.
    nooooooooooooooooooooo i dont want loose skin

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by unhappygirl View Post
    nooooooooooooooooooooo i dont want loose skin

It is VERY likely you will get it. It is far better to have some loose skin then to be obese.

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Take deep breaths! You are exactly at the right spot and that is wanting to change. You can lose weight. When you do it the right way it WILL take a long time and if you lose a significant amount of weight you WILL have loose skin. That should be the least of yourworries. You need to focus on losing the weight first. Take it slow you need to change your lifestyle. Focus on improving one eating habit a week. If you dive right in you will overwhelm yourself nd get confused. Start slow and make realistic goals. If you have any questions pleeeease feel free to PM me. Anything is possible....if you want it...youll do it! ! Best of luck!
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its better to be lean with loose skin than to be fat without it.
    Start now, everyday you wait is a day you'll regret.

BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're gonna have loose skin, it's just going to happen. However, if you start a weightlifting routine as you go down in bodyweight, you'll start to "harden-up" and it won't be AS BAD. I'm not saying lifting weights will ELIMINATE the problem, but you'll look better than if you just dieted and did cardio.
    "You can always do what you have set your mind to do if you don't allow Fear and Discouragement to stop you. People say that Faith is the absence of Fear. But I believe that Faith is the presence of Courage in the face of Fear and Failure".

-Judge Mary Stenson Scriven

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And it wont shrink any slower if you stay big. If anything it may get tighter faster. Start today.

Originally Posted by truushot View Post
    It is VERY likely you will get it. It is far better to have some loose skin then to be obese.
    why likely? i have seen fatter ppl without loose skin.. i am not ;that' fat for my height... i look okay still lol ... kinda !

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pictures? I don't want to discourage you but 265 is pretty big. You will likely have some loose skin because you will have a lot to lose.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why likely? i have seen fatter ppl without loose skin.. i am not ;that' fat for my height... i look okay still lol ... kinda !
    No offense but you are, you are over 100 pounds overweight which is morbidly obese. 10 pounds extra is "not that fat". Not having loose skin would be nothing short of an absolute miracle, not to dishearten you. If you see fat people without loose skin its because they are fat and the skin is stretched out, but loose skin is the consequence for letting one's body go.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    trying to justify your weight by saying "I'm not that fat for my height" isn't going to change anything. The facts are, you are extremely overweight and losing the fat will almost 100% result in loose skin. You let yourself get fat so now the choice is up to you remain unhappy and overweight or lose the fat, and live with the loose skin cause after all its really not that big of a deal.

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    trying to justify your weight by saying "I'm not that fat for my height" isn't going to change anything. The facts are, you are extremely overweight and losing the fat will almost 100% result in loose skin. You let yourself get fat so now the choice is up to you remain unhappy and overweight or lose the fat, and live with the loose skin cause after all its really not that big of a deal.
    I have it. It is unattractive but it doesn't hinder my life in anyway. Not like I go to the pool or beach anyway. Clothed I just look normal. It really isn't a big deal.

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it's funny how irrelevant self-image actually is. i would also classify myself as kinda fat but not that fat for my height. i guess by OP's standards i'm shredded out of my mind.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fact: You are fat, but feel normal because America is the fattest country in the world.

Opinion: Start fuarking dieting, loose skin isn't bad
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

I have it. It is unattractive but it doesn't hinder my life in anyway. Not like I go to the pool or beach anyway. Clothed I just look normal. It really isn't a big deal.
    yeah but ure older and was probably big for most of ur life? i am assumin.. i have been big for like 2 years and im 29.. so i am thinking i wont have loose skin.. argh this suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by aclockworkoi View Post
    Pictures? I don't want to discourage you but 265 is pretty big. You will likely have some loose skin because you will have a lot to lose.
    how come the people in the fat transformation dont have loose skin? they look okay.... i am not as big as most of them.

BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it wasn't that big of a deal, you wouldn't be depressed (like you say on the original post). Come on, adjust your diet, get moving, do the cardio, lift some weights so you start to harden-up, and that's all. Let the journey begin.
    "You can always do what you have set your mind to do if you don't allow Fear and Discouragement to stop you. People say that Faith is the absence of Fear. But I believe that Faith is the presence of Courage in the face of Fear and Failure".

-Judge Mary Stenson Scriven

Originally Posted by BigDaddyCoolPR View Post
    You're gonna have loose skin, it's just going to happen. However, if you start a weightlifting routine as you go down in bodyweight, you'll start to "harden-up" and it won't be AS BAD. I'm not saying lifting weights will ELIMINATE the problem, but you'll look better than if you just dieted and did cardio.
    by the way i meant really loose skin... like hanging stuff.. will i have that?

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just for the record this guy is 5'8" 265lb

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    by the way i meant really loose skin... like hanging stuff.. will i have that?
    Lose the damn weight and find out. The skin is seriously the LAST of last steps. You dont even need to think about it yet. People are giving you really great answers for your REAL problem.
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

Originally Posted by LyssieDoll88 View Post
    Lose the damn weight and find out. The skin is seriously the LAST of last steps. You dont even need to think about it yet. People are giving you really great answers for your REAL problem.
    ^ repped

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    op i sware mayt im gunno wrock u i swore on my mums lofe.

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you currently have any overhang?

If you do, likely that will continue to hang when you reduce the fat behind it. If you don't have any 'hang' right now, you might be a lucky one that won't end up having it.

I started at 5'9 265 and am now at 175 and have zero loose skin at the moment. I'm starting to notice what looks like might be a tiny bit of loose skin at the bottom of my belly, but that isn't stopping me from continuing to lose.

Originally Posted by earthshieldlol View Post
    it's funny how irrelevant self-image actually is. i would also classify myself as kinda fat but not that fat for my height. i guess by OP's standards i'm shredded out of my mind.
    I actually think self-image is very important, its just educating yourself about what is real and what isn't. 99 percent that "troll" these boards will never be underwear models or competitive bodybuilding and having that expectation is self defeating. If more people would just start with a goal of getting to a normal weight they would likely find success comes much easier. Then go after those really difficult goals. 18% to 20% BF is "normal" if you never progress from that point life will still be far better and likely longer and more satisfying. Reach those levels and decide if you want more. 10% BF is way out of the norm and not many will ever get there. I may be one of those people but I'm gonna put in the effort and see what happens.

I actually think self-image is very important, its just educating yourself about what is real and what isn't. 99 percent that "troll" these boards will never be underwear models or competitive bodybuilding and having that expectation is self defeating. If more people would just start with a goal of getting to a normal weight they would likely find success comes much easier. Then go after those really difficult goals. 18% to 20% BF is "normal" if you never progress from that point life will still be far better and likely longer and more satisfying. Reach those levels and decide if you want more. 10% BF is way out of the norm and not many will ever get there. I may be one of those people but I'm gonna put in the effort and see what happens.
    i guess what i really meant is how inaccurate and biased/warped self-image can be. (with the example that your everyday person on the street would call me lean even though i consider myself kinda fat, and an everyday person on the street would probably call OP obese even though she consider's herself only a little bit fat.)

Originally Posted by earthshieldlol View Post
    i guess what i really meant is how inaccurate and biased/warped self-image can be.
    I knew what you where getting at, just thought that others might take it the wrong way. I just think we don't see or hear from 10 times the numbers that actually post and that they never get started because they start with the wrong goals. People that say to themselves, I want to be a ripped bodybuilder may not be the best goal to start with when you are 100 pounds overweight. Setting unrealistic goals probably trips more people up then we think. People start to struggle and quit because they see that it is to much effort or the results they desire aren't happening as fast as they thought. If you don't have the will power to get to a normal weight first, you'll never get ripped. Some here make it sound easy, and for some it probably is, but for most people the self sacrifice involved with losing 50 or 100 pounds is overwhelming. People have to realize that their path to 100 pounds over weight is different then the next guy and the reasons that they got that way vary. It all comes down to making a lifestyle change. Until you change you probably won't get the weight off or won't keep it off.

Originally Posted by cnh57811 View Post
    Do you currently have any overhang?

If you do, likely that will continue to hang when you reduce the fat behind it. If you don't have any 'hang' right now, you might be a lucky one that won't end up having it.

I started at 5'9 265 and am now at 175 and have zero loose skin at the moment. I'm starting to notice what looks like might be a tiny bit of loose skin at the bottom of my belly, but that isn't stopping me from continuing to lose.
    Thank you for your reply. I am happy to hear you dont have much loose skin.

My stomach is a lil hung, but isnt that normal for a fatty? my stomach was always a problem area lol. Anyway, I think I should just try my best and take it easy.. not try to lose so much weight fast. Have a LOT of collagen boosting foods (oranges etc), get non-invasive body tightening treatments, use bio-oil, drink lots of water, and wear a body suit sort of thing that will hold the fat up.. thik I should buy one tomorrow.. and wear that like a bra.. that way when I lose weight my skin can shrink faster.

Lets hope this works. I am only 29.. so I am not THAT old.. and I have only been this weight since around 1.5 years now so maybe it will bounce back?!?!?! I hope it does

And I guess a lot of things will determine how much skin I have, eg: how much weights I do, protein I eat, healthy collagen boosting foods I eat, and what other topical treatments I get to ensure by the time I lose half my body fat I wont look horrible.

Originally Posted by LyssieDoll88 View Post
    I appreciate it. But if you give such advice to ppl like me ie "worry about the skin later" they wont think about what to do now to prevent it as much as they can and then they'll be doomed later.. .eg a person may think oh yea shes right, lets just think about the skin after ive lost the weight.. and they start losing 2kgs a week and then they end up with a lot of skin. But of course it doesnt matter to you cos u dont have to worry about it.

[QUOTE=earthshieldlol;987480513]just for the record this guy is 5'8" 265lb

Yeah that would be about right, my stomach is like that as well.. but see how its not THAT hung... what do u think?