Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i just spent the last 5min trying to figure out what BBB means, trust me I came up with some good ones.

might have to join ya on the BSN challenge bro!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    i just spent the last 5min trying to figure out what BBB means, trust me I came up with some good ones.

might have to join ya on the BSN challenge bro!!!
    BarBell Bench?
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    BarBell Bench?
    Sorry fellas. It's "Boring But Big". In the 5/3/1 program, the BBB template for assistance work typically calls for 5 sets of 10 reps of the main lifts (OHP, Deadlift, Bench and Squat). On Deadlift day, we decided to do 5x5 heavy, rather than 5x10 at like 225.
    Current Lifts:

Incline Bench: 205x3
    DeadLift: 405x1
    Box Squat: 325x4

Goals by July 1:
    Incline Bench: 235
    Deadlift: 450
    Box Squat:375

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    242.4lbs this am. Today is a rest day from lifting but the game plan is to hit the cardio up after work! Also, today is going to be a longer fasting day. I don't intend to eat until after the gym, but may take a scoop of whey prior to the gym to get the protonz into mah system so as not to loose mah musclz and gainz.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Teh bicptz gainz, no!!!!!

Yo, I signed up for the bsn challenge as well bro!!! I set today as my start date and they say I will get a follow up email that has yet to show, do I need to get my progress pics up???
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Teh bicptz gainz, no!!!!!

Yo, I signed up for the bsn challenge as well bro!!! I set today as my start date and they say I will get a follow up email that has yet to show, do I need to get my progress pics up???
    Can't loose mah GAINZ!!! I think it went well yesterday...I fasted until about 3pm, had a scoop of whey (4 da gainz keeps) and then changed and went over and did 8 quick sprints on the spin bike for 12 seconds each. The lactic acid build up in the quads was evident after about the 4th one...I had intended on doing 10-12, but after feeling that kind of intense burn after just 4 rounds, I cut it off. Still, I was shaking after just 8 sprints, THAT's how I know I'm doing it right. Then logged another 30 mins of LISS on the elliptical for a really nice cardio sesh! Went home a pigged the eff out on BBQ pork and anything else that was in the house. NOTHING was safe or sacred! Lol! I'm paying for it this morning as it seems that the combination of foods has created a molitolv cocktail in my stomach and I want to die as a result! Lol! Going to drink plenty of water and have a pre-workout meal then hit the gym for chest day!

Down to 241.6lbs this morning so things are progressing nicely! Not sure if I'll break that 240lb barrier by tomorrow or not (probably not), but we'll see how things go this weekend! Going to continue to do cardio as consistently as possible. I realize that I lead an extremely sedintary lifestyle...sittin at work....couchin it up at home....bed....with weights 4x/week....just not enough activity to cut on 2200-2300 cals/day, hence the need for increased cardio consistency. Savy?

As far as the BSN challenge, you have 7 days from your start date to upload the "Before" pics. Good luck broheim!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Keepin' It Kingdom (KIK) jcpryor3's Avatar
    jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JaxLifter View Post
    Sorry fellas. It's "Boring But Big". In the 5/3/1 program, the BBB template for assistance work typically calls for 5 sets of 10 reps of the main lifts (OHP, Deadlift, Bench and Squat). On Deadlift day, we decided to do 5x5 heavy, rather than 5x10 at like 225.
    I too was wondering what BBB was lol that seems like a beast bro. You definitely don't wanna lose teh gehnz.....teh straingth gehnz that is lol Seriously though, you've made some great strength gains. Nice job Jax! Now let's break this 240lb barrier. You got it bro!!!!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Starting Stats: 206lbs@19%, LBM@193.4lbs <---------- LBM inaccurate
    Current Stats: 177.8lbs@11.5%, LBM@157.7lbs

God is first, I am second
    Set goals, take action, then achieve
    Keto Lifestyle

2012 BB.com Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150883123

Ya know, mma is done serious duty serious fun cardio my man!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    I too was wondering what BBB was lol that seems like a beast bro. You definitely don't wanna lose teh gehnz.....teh straingth gehnz that is lol Seriously though, you've made some great strength gains. Nice job Jax! Now let's break this 240lb barrier. You got it bro!!!!
    Knot mah GAHINZ!!! LOL!!! Thanks for the positivity broski! Gonna break this barrier in the next week. You can 5* LOCK IT!!!

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Incline Bench

Warm Up
    95x10
    105x8
    125x3

Work Sets
    145x3
    165x3
    185x8 <---These felt good and, best of all, there was ZERO shoulder pain!

BBB (Boring But Big...Big Busty Brunettes...Big Beef Burgers...Bob's Big Boy...I'm hungry)
    5x150x10 <---Only failed on rep number 10 of the 5th set.

Hammer Strength Isolateral Plate Loaded Row
    5x190x15 <---We did this like The Rock and Vin Disel...Fast and Furious!!! As soon as one finished, the other jumped in the saddle and busted out 15 FAST and FURIOUS reps with as much intensity as possible. Best form of cardio: Lifting weights faster.....

That was that! Good workout, even though I felt a little like death because of the stomach ailment from last night.

Thoughts on going forward....

I've been giving a lot of thought to switching up programs a little...I've built a solid strength foundation thanks to the All Pro routine and 5/3/1, but I'm not where I want to be size wise. SOOOOOO...I've been researching the Growth Stimulus Training program (GST) found here on BB.com. It's a sticky under the workout programs forum...ANYWAY...that program is similar to 5/3/1 in terms of progressing the core lifts by a percentage of 1 rep max. That's the secret ingredient to 5/3/1...HOWEVER, GST differs in that there's a very wide variety of exercises you could do as core lifts AND the assistance work is much more wide open! Additionally, the assistance workload is varied. So for a 4 week "Macro Cycle" you have 4 separate "Micro Cycles". The first week, your assistance work is hard and heavy: 6-8 reps after doing your core lift at 3x8+, meaning 3 sets of 8, last set is AMRAP. Micro Cycle 2 (week 2), the assistance workload is at 15-20 reps!!!! #hypertophy = muscle gainz. Week 3 is back to 6-8 and then week 4 is back to 15-20. I'm still reading through the MASSIVE thread to get a feel for the program, but I would really like to make some size gainz that I'm not seeing as of yet. More to come on this...I have another full week to make a decision...next week may be my final 5/3/1 week for a while...I love to use ellipses....
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

241.0lbs this morning! SQUATZ day today!!! OH YEEEAAAHHHH BBBOOOIIIIEEEEEE! Goal is to bust outta the 240's by the end of the weekend! Wife is on board with doing cardio at LEAST once this weekend so that's good! Will update again later with SQUATZZZZ resultzzzzz
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

SQUATTTZZZZZZZ

Box Squats
    Warm Ups
    135x5
    175x5
    205x3

Work Sets
    240x3
    270x3
    305x3 <---Rep #3 wasn't as tight as I wanted it to be so I cut it off there...didn't want to max out on my Good Mornings...

BBB (BORING BUT BIG...lulz)
    5x225x10 <---Same intensity as the rows yesterday. These were fast and furious and my chest was burning!

Leg Curls
    5x115x12 <---Fast and Furious

SUPERSET

Leg Extensions
    5x130x15 <---We went from one exercise to the next and took about a 60 second break between each super set. So curls, extensions, rest. Repeat 5 times. Cry.

Good workout today! Legs were SMOKED at the end of this.

Goal for the weekend is to not overdo the foods stuffs. St. Patrick's day is Sunday and there WILL be green beers somewhere in town, and I shall find them! Goign to get in some cardio too, hopefully both Sat and Sunday. Also, I've decided to step away from 5/3/1 for Growth Stimulus Training (GST) starting the week of March 25. I feel like I've build a solid foundation and it's time to put on some mass. 5/3/1 is great for strength but with the rep range being around 5 reps at the most for the heaviest lifts, it's MY PERSONAL OPINION that it's not optimal for size. GST provides a nice balance between strength and size and allows for quite a bit of variation in exercises. Really looking forward to the change! I'll likely get back to 5/3/1 once I get my physique where I want it to be and strength becomes the #1 motivator again.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Plateau = BUSTED!!! 239.0lbs this morning!!! Now I actually have to make sure I don't lose the weight TOO fast! lol #CuttingProblems

Today is going to be a fun day! We are headed downtown for a parade and other St Patrick's days festivities! Should be a fun time! Last St Patties day, my then GF/now Wife (she got promoted) and I hit an Irish Pub in Jacksonville Beach, dropped $200 on food and drinks, had our car towed, lost a pair of shoes, did some things that SHOULD have gotten us arrested, and still managed to make it home in one piece! LOL!!! Not so much the game plan for today ;-) I'm still recovering from last year!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Congrats on the platuea breakthrough

Let me know if ya need baled out after partying like a rock star bro!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Congrats on the platuea breakthrough

Let me know if ya need baled out after partying like a rock star bro!
    Ok, good news and bad news scenario from this weekend: First the good news!!! I didn't need bailed out of jail! The bad news...I'm back up to 243.2lbs this morning. Not bad considering the beer/shots (not even 1/4 of what I did last St. Patty's day), the sodium BOMB of a ruben sammich I had, the burger, B&J froyo, etc. that was consumed this weekend. I seriously weighed in at 239.0 Saturday morning...and 249.2lbs after that ruben! lol! Biggest swing I've had personally, maybe ever!

Other good news is that I busted a plateau of a DIFFERENT kind this weekend and got my wife to the gym with me!!! FINALLY!!!! After months of lip service, she finally caved and went! Now she want's to go a few more times this week! It was just that initial "GOING" that she needed to get over. She's afraid of other people looking at her while she's working out...at Planet Fitness....the "Judgement Free Zone"....anyway, we're going to work together to get in good shape as we want to start trying to make a baby this winter! Marry Christmas indeed

Did overhead press 5/3/1 day today with nothing major to report. I lowered the weight considerably to 150lbs and did 5 strict reps then stopped. Could have pushed a few more, but I'm still nursing this shoulder. Tomorrow I'll pull 385lb deadlift and I'm going for 2 reps! Will give me a one rep max of 410lbs if I can get 2 which sets me up for some MAJOR gains on GST starting next week!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

congrats on the lil lady becoming a gym rat with ya, it becomes addictive man!! and good to see some cereal goals.

10lbs water weight, psshhh lightweight. :P good choice on the froyo. imma fighting a harsh donut crave today, mmmm chocolate glazed cake donut
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

congrats on the lil lady becoming a gym rat with ya, it becomes addictive man!! and good to see some cereal goals.

10lbs water weight, psshhh lightweight. :P good choice on the froyo. imma fighting a harsh donut crave today, mmmm chocolate glazed cake donut
    Thanks bud, but she's far from a gym rat...for now Fight dem cravings, or allow the treat but limit the quantity. Lose the battle, but win the war! It's a way to keep sane while still progressing towards your goals.

241.4lbs this am so trending down again for sure. Deads today. I'm going to lift the world up, then put it down.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

****TRAINING UPDATE***

I sit here eating my post workout meal, and I'm happy to tell you that I have, yet AGAIN, set a new PR. See below

Deadlifts Warm Ups
    165x5 (sumo)
    205x5
    245x3

Working Sets
    305x5 <---These felt VERY light
    345x3
    385x1 <---This went up incredibly fast. It surprised me!
    405!!!!!x1 I decided that I'd give this a go, and it went up without much fuss! I was PUMPED!!!

Skipped BBB deads today on account of both of us setting new PRs and just jumped into the accessory work.

Seated Back Extensions
    4x230x15

SUPERSET

Hanging Leg Raises
    4x15

Kettlebell Swings
    3x20

GREAT day in the gym! It felt awesome to pick up 405, let me tell ya! Now I'm super stoked to start GST next week! Let the gains, BEGIN!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

4 plate Deads!!! SAY WHAT!!!

congrats man!!!

I found a delicious Jello sugar free moose that I have been eating as "preworkout nutrition", its going along way in keeping the donut craves at bay

Speaking of supps, I bought a cheap test booster at wally world, I would really appreciate your opinion on it

Supplement Facts
    SERVING SIZE: 2 CAPLETS
    SERVINGS PER CONTAINER: 30
    AMOUNT PER SERVING
    % DAILY VALUE
    CALCIUM 45 MG 5%

ANABOLIC & ANTICATABOLIC COMPLEX
    RHODIOLA (AS RHODIOLA CRENULATA) (ROOT) 386 MG
    GINKGO EXTRACT (AS GINKGO BILOBA) (LEAF) 2.7 MG

FREE (ACTIVE) TESTOSTERONE STIMULATOR
    BORON CITRATE 100 MG
    SUPPLYING 5MG OF ACTIVE BORON

and the link itself
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Six-Star-P...-Punch-0.5-lbs
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know your weight went back up, but congrats anyways!!!! You finally mae it past that plateau. If you did it before, you can do it again. it'll be easier this time as well.

I'm definitely mirin' that deadlift PR! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! I was able to deadlift 3 plates yesterday. It felt really good. Can't wait for next DL session.

Let me know how the GST program goes for you. I'm interested to find out more about it. Go hard or go home!!!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Keto Lifestyle

Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    I know your weight went back up, but congrats anyways!!!! You finally mae it past that plateau. If you did it before, you can do it again. it'll be easier this time as well.

I'm definitely mirin' that deadlift PR! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! I was able to deadlift 3 plates yesterday. It felt really good. Can't wait for next DL session.

Let me know how the GST program goes for you. I'm interested to find out more about it. Go hard or go home!!!
    Thanks boss! I'll get back there, not too worried. Congrats to YOU for the triple plate assault! I need to avoid nights like last night to do it, but I'll get there! lol

I had a crap day at work and it carried over once I got home. Not fun. If it wasn't moving, I ate it. If it was moving, I chased it THEN ate it! lol Many ice cream sammiches and Reece's PB Eggs were had. Full on binge last night...up 1lb this am! LOL!!!!! Dat der metrabolizm! I feel sick as all get out this morning, but it was sooooooo worth it! (not srs) Beers were had. Bread was scarfed down. Animal crackers. It was a bad food blood bath. I'll win today though!

I'm planning on hitting both incline bench and box squat today. I'm not going to have time tomorrow because of work committments, and my gym bro is out of town starting Friday. This will act as a tiny deload prior to starting up a new program next week.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

So the Quest for Gains continues!

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Incline Bench Press
    Warm Ups
    85x8
    105x5
    125x3

Work Sets
    155x5
    175x3
    195x8 <---This is the number I had in mind when I walked in. I already had it written down in the log. Felt good to hit that number!

BBB
    155x10
    2x165x10 <---We usually do 5 sets, but since we decided to lump incline bench with box squats and give ourselves a mini-deload period (next training session isn't until next Tuesday) we decided to cut it short.

BOX SQUATS
    Warm ups
    135x5
    175x5
    205x3

Work Sets
    255x5
    290x3
    325x4 <---PR BAYBEEEEEE!!! I wrote down 3 in the log before the workout, but got 4 instead! YEAH buddy!!!

BBB
    3x230x10

Called it a day! A good day in the gym at that! Cardio throughout the weekend will be exploring a new area as my Mrs. and I will be getting away from Saturday through Monday! Should be a ton of fun!

Thanks boss! I'll get back there, not too worried. Congrats to YOU for the triple plate assault! I need to avoid nights like last night to do it, but I'll get there! lol

I had a crap day at work and it carried over once I got home. Not fun. If it wasn't moving, I ate it. If it was moving, I chased it THEN ate it! lol Many ice cream sammiches and Reece's PB Eggs were had. Full on binge last night...up 1lb this am! LOL!!!!! Dat der metrabolizm! I feel sick as all get out this morning, but it was sooooooo worth it! (not srs) Beers were had. Bread was scarfed down. Animal crackers. It was a bad food blood bath. I'll win today though!

I'm planning on hitting both incline bench and box squat today. I'm not going to have time tomorrow because of work committments, and my gym bro is out of town starting Friday. This will act as a tiny deload prior to starting up a new program next week.
    Your welcome bro and thank you! It felt great. You got this though. Don't give in to those cravings. If you do, you realize that it was totally worth it (not srs). Stay focused on the results your aiming for! You can do it, bite his fricking head off (Little Nicky lol).

So the Quest for Gains continues!

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Incline Bench Press
    Warm Ups
    85x8
    105x5
    125x3

Work Sets
    155x5
    175x3
    195x8 <---This is the number I had in mind when I walked in. I already had it written down in the log. Felt good to hit that number!

BBB
    155x10
    2x165x10 <---We usually do 5 sets, but since we decided to lump incline bench with box squats and give ourselves a mini-deload period (next training session isn't until next Tuesday) we decided to cut it short.

BOX SQUATS
    Warm ups
    135x5
    175x5
    205x3

Work Sets
    255x5
    290x3
    325x4 <---PR BAYBEEEEEE!!! I wrote down 3 in the log before the workout, but got 4 instead! YEAH buddy!!!

BBB
    3x230x10

Called it a day! A good day in the gym at that! Cardio throughout the weekend will be exploring a new area as my Mrs. and I will be getting away from Saturday through Monday! Should be a ton of fun!
    Nice job on the box squats! I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong on my squats. When I start BBB next week, I'll be getting some footage. I need to fix my form for the sake of my knees and gaining strength.

Keto Lifestyle

Last nights' gym session was impromptu in nature. I didn't have a scheduled work out but I felt like it was the thing to go do. Since I truncated my workout on Wednesday to include incline bench and squats, I decided to do a dedicated back and arms session to balance out the prior workout!

Bent over Barbell Row
    135x12
    145x12
    155x12
    165x10
    175x10
    185x10
    195x10
    205x10
    135x20 <---Holy freaking back pump Batman!

Flat Bench Dumbbell Row
    60x15 Each arm
    60x20 Each arm

T-Bar Row
    2x45x15

Superset with

Close Grip Pull Down
    100x15
    120x15

Barbell Curls
    2x70x8

Superset with

Skull Crusher
    2x70x15 <---Finished each set with close grip bench burnouts

I was SPENT after this workout. Went home and grubbed out for a bit!

Weight was 241.8lbs this morning (3/22) which is, again, trending in the right direction. Plan is to get in some cardio later today. Also, the Mrs. and I are leaving town for a few days. Saturday is going to be spent driving, then hiking so I'll get plenty of exercise on Saturday! Sunday it's supposed to rain, so it may not be AS active, but I'll see what I can muster up around the hotel. Then back home Monday and, weather permitting, a walk around the local zoo! GST starts on Tuesday!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

GST DAY 1

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Box Squats
    Warm Ups

135x10
    185x8

Work Sets
    225x8
    225x8
    225x18 <---HOLY CRAP. Tried to get the full blown widow-maker (20 reps) but ran outta gas. This was the hardest set I've done to date.

Front Squats
    We put 5lb plates on the ground to elevate our heels. This allowed for extra depth/ROM which KILLED us both. Game plan was to do 95lbs for 2-3 sets of 15-20...

65x20 <---Why do 95lbs and look like a girly-man, when you can accomplish the same thing with 65lbs! LOL!!!
    65x20
    65x15 <---This was the first time I've ever felt a pump like that in my quads. It felt like the skin was going to BURST the pump was that good!

Leg Presses
    200x20 <---Too too easy. Didn't get gassed on this set so I bumped it up...still learning our tollerances for GST
    290x20 <---Had to grit out the last 3 or so reps, could probably go up a little more next time

Body Weight Lunges
    2x20 each leg.

SUPERSET WITH

Planks
    40seconds
    60seconds

Fin.

GST is going to take our strength training to a whole new deminsion! Neither of us have worked this hard in the entire time we were running 5/3/1. Not a knock on 5/3/1 AT ALL seeing as we both made some nice strength gains while maintaining bodyweight.

On that note...I had a great weekend away with the Mrs. and BOY did it show on the scale! lol! Vacation Foods FTW!!! There was pizza, ice cream (twice), breakfast burritos the size of a human head, doughnuts, waffles...just everything under the sun. Needless to say, I was UP this morning! LOL!!! 247.0lbs May try and run a little keto style to strip this vacation weight right off.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Incredibly sore today, but that was anticipated. Weight was down to 244.8 from 247.0lbs yesterday. "Pull Day" today, so more Bent Over Rows, DB rows, TBar rows and some pull downs (I think). Curls for the Gurls and then I'm outta there!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

PULL DAY

Bent Over Row (BOR)

Warm Ups
    95x10
    115x10
    135x10

Work Sets
    165x8
    165x8
    165x20 <---I knew it was going to be a high rep set, but I didn't see 20 coming! Had more in the tank too! Just left it there and moved on

One Arm Dumbbell Row
    3x65x20 <---Grueling sets these are! Holy crap!!!

Close Grip Front Pull Down
    2x120x20
    1x120x15 <---by this set, everything in my upper body was pumped to the point of no return. I could only get 15 because of the lactate build up just about everywhere

Barbell Curls
    2x45x20 <---Just lol.

Standing Barbell Twists
    2x20

Good workout! I think I'm going to really enjoy this GST program. I know the body is shocked at the 20 rep sets and I already can't wait for this week to be over so I don't have to do any more of them! LOL!!! But from what I've read, that's part of the beauty of this program: the rep ranges change every week so your body never gets "Complacent" with the workload, thereby initiating growth through adaptation! AKA Muscle Confusion. Keep'em guessing!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

props to you on the volume man, I started with the muscle mag routines(noobie gonna noob) then switched to PL, now anything above the 6 range is torture...
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

props to you on the volume man, I started with the muscle mag routines(noobie gonna noob) then switched to PL, now anything above the 6 range is torture...
    Thanks bro! It's a change of pace to say the least! The volume will change as the weeks progress, most noticably with the assistance lifts. Week 1 has 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps, week 2 is 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps, and week 3 is 2-3 sets of 4-6 reps. Week 4 is a repeat of week 1's scheme. Also, since the core lifts progress from week 1 to 4 from 60% of 1RM week 1, to 70%, 80% and 90%, as the 1RM increases, the total number of reps in that last AMRAP set will go down. But at 60% of your 1RM, you SHOULD be able to do reps for days. SHOULD. Anyway, today is deadlift day and I'm still feeling the effects from squats on Tuesday! It's bad DOMS. Very bad DOMS. Deadlifts should be "Fun" today as a result. I'll be aiming for about 15 reps at 250lbs, maybe more. My legs will give out early I'm sure.

Also, weight today was 243.6lbs so I'm steadily ridding myself of that pesky vacation weight.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

DEADLIFTS
    Warm Ups
    135x10 (Summo to stretch it out)
    185x8

Work Sets
    250x8
    250x8
    250x20!!!! <---HOLY CRAP. NOT USED TO THIS. I NEED AN ADULT.

Rack Pull Shrugs
    2x225x20

Good AMs
    2x95x20

Shrugs
    2x90x20 (Holding a 45lb plate per hand)

Kettlebell Swings
    30x20

SUPERSET WITH

Kneeling Weighted Ab Crunches
    100lbs x 25
    150 x 20

Good solid workout today. Sweat was flying, especially on that 20 rep top set. I just stopped at 20 because, again, it seemed like the right thing to do. My gym bro did 23 at 225lbs!!! #HOSS

We're both enjoying this change of pace, but man it's been a harsh change from 5x5 deadlifts to 20 rep sets...as you can imagine it would be.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

not going to lie, jumping from my usual 3-5 rep scheme to the 12 in all pro has been an event to say the least.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard