Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    whatever man, I can't do a full tabata of burpees yet, you are more man then me with that.

I never tried sumo btw, I have a tall frame, and have heard some people mention it is a good choice.... might be foloowing you on that one man.
    Hahaha! No worries bro! I just know you're a big proponent of tabatas, so I'm gonna continue to call you out bc I know you're a fan!

To me, the sumo form shortens the distance the bar needs to travel. For a guy with your height, it would likely be MUCH easier than the traditional form. I also found that I had more leg involvement in the sumo movement than the traditional. It seems easier for your butt to shoot up right away and then heavy good morning the weight up the traditional way, whereas sumo style, you're already in a partial squat. I dunno. On this deload week, I'll deadlift sumo exclusively to see how it goes. I'm going to have to research proper form, tips and techniques leading up to the next workout.
    Current Lifts:

Incline Bench: 205x3
    DeadLift: 405x1
    Box Squat: 325x4

Goals by July 1:
    Incline Bench: 235
    Deadlift: 450
    Box Squat:375

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ***TRAINING UPDATE***

5/3/1 Bench Day

Warm ups
    95x8
    125x5
    150x3

Work Sets
    190x5
    215x3
    240x3<---NEW PR!

The first two reps went up fast and strong. Rep 3 was a struggle but I locked it out. Went for a 4th, and thanked my spotter for good looking out! After that last failed rep, however, I felt a strong twinge in my left shoulder that I've been dealing with since Monday. So that impacted the rest of my workout as I played it safe(r).

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    60x15
    65x15
    70x15
    70x15
    70x9 Last week I kept pushing the weight on this exercise up to 80lb dumbbells. However, given my shoulder situation, I decided to play it safe and hit more reps at a lower weight. GREAT burn too!

Bent Over Dumbbell Row
    75x15
    80x12
    3x85x10 Same thought process here as on the incl DB presses. Keep the weight lighter and rep it out.

Face Pulls
    90x15
    110x15
    130x15

V-Bar Tricept Push Down
    100x15
    120x15
    140x15

Good work out! As we approach the holiday weekend, my gym buddy and I are kind of on fumes. Next week's deload is MUCH needed right now, and we are both feeling that way. Perfectly timed too (I might add) in that PLENTY of recovery food will be eaten over the next week to 10 days. My sister's birthday is this Saturday, then Christmas dinner, then my wife's birthday is the 28th! Then new years day, then MY birthday on January 6th! I'm going to do everything in my power to stick to keto, but with this lineup, it will be impossible. I'm going to continue to carb cycle during the next 2 weeks, but it's not going to follow my usual pattern of Keto Sun-Friday, Carb-up Friday afternoon through Saturday night. It will likely look closer to a LeanGains eating pattern until I'm in the clear again January 7th. Goal is to NOT put on all the fat I've lost! I have started to see a difference in the mirror, and the number on the scale is trending in the right direction (daily fluctuations aside of course).

Until tomorrow, keto heads!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    enjoy the refeed man, good Lord knows I did. You ever read carb back-loading, I read it while doing keto and wanted to try it after achieving some goals.

here's an article, please try to ignore what the site obviously looks like though. :P

http://julialadewski.com/2012/04/car...ed-faq-and-is/
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

enjoy the refeed man, good Lord knows I did. You ever read carb back-loading, I read it while doing keto and wanted to try it after achieving some goals.

here's an article, please try to ignore what the site obviously looks like though. :P

http://julialadewski.com/2012/04/car...ed-faq-and-is/
    Hey boss! I haven't tried CBL, but I've been reading heavily on it and, actually, before deciding on CKD, I was considering CBL! I'm not clear on the particulars (I'm not a huge believer in food timing as I am an IF'er) but I can understand the insulin resistence piece of what Kiefer is saying. Let's try it together over the holidays and see how much lean mass we gain! In 2 weeks no less! We'll be internet SENSATIONS! :-p
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Weighed in at 233.0lbs this am! Still trending in the right direction! My food intake yesterday was damn near perfect:

Total Cals 2160
    Fat 162g
    Cho 51g
    Pro 198g

Main fat and carb source is PB. If I couldn't pick up a jar of PB and a spoon and eat it, I wouldn't be doing this diet (or any diet). It's that important to me! The other carb sources were the Ball Park Hot Dogs I had for dinner. The rest of the food eaten yesterday had trace carbs. I'm into this diet protocol and I'm seeing the results I want! I don't have an accurate/reliable measure of BF% at home but this is my theory: If my clothes are fitting looser, I'm getting smaller. If my lifts are going up, I'm getting bigger in the right places. So, that means that the reason I'm smaller is because I'm losing fat! It's all around too. I wear compression shirts daily and my ususally tight compression shirts even have some slack in them! Jeans that were tight at Thanksgiving slip on with ease, and my belt causes the waistline to pinch some! Feelsgoodman.jpg!

The REAL test will be tomorrow! I saw my parents last on Thanksgiving and I'll see them tomorrow. If they see a difference, then I KNOW it's working!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Squat Day

I had an off day today. My legs felt weak and heavy walking up and down stairs, from my car to my office and from the locker room up to the weight room. BUT, the weights don't give a rats ass about how I feel...so here's what happened:

Warm Up
    115x5
    135x5
    155x3

Work Sets
    190x5 Explosive reps. Easy weight
    240x3 Good solid reps. Noticable decrease in the explosivness, no degredation of form
    265x5 Kept form and had to gut out rep 5. I could have done a 6th rep, but form would have been compromised and there's no point in that. My previous PR was 265x6, but that was about 2-1/2 months ago, WAY before keto. Today was the day that my last carb-up ran out.

Leg Presses
    290x15
    340x15
    380x12
    430x12
    430x10 DEEEEEEP reps here. Rib crushingly deep.

Hamstring Curls
    3x90x12

Leg Extensions
    3x110x12

All done. My whole body was shaking for the 3+ hours after my work out. I just now had my post-wo meal of carbs and protein: Nesquick choco milk, protein bar and muscle brownie. It's what they had at the 7-11 so don't judge. I will seek out more carbs soon and, since I'm spending tomorrow with my family in celebration of my little sister's birthday AND the family Christmas dinner, carbing-up over the next 24-30 hours will be a sinch!

No weight updates until Monday but I may post some carbo-gloriousness over the weekend. Cake. 'Nuff said.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had one of those muscle brownies warmed up with a muscle milk once, it was a little like what I think heaven could be....
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

I had one of those muscle brownies warmed up with a muscle milk once, it was a little like what I think heaven could be....
    I wish I had heated it up...either way, I consumed carbs in MASS last night. We were on the road and dropped into a KFC/Taco Bell...grilled stuffed burrito, crunch wrap supreme, chicken little, potato wedges AND a cookie sammich! Stomach ache is a necessary side effect of this weeks carb load! More carbs to come!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Originally Posted by JaxLifter View Post
    I wish I had heated it up...either way, I consumed carbs in MASS last night. We were on the road and dropped into a KFC/Taco Bell...grilled stuffed burrito, crunch wrap supreme, chicken little, potato wedges AND a cookie sammich! Stomach ache is a necessary side effect of this weeks carb load! More carbs to come!
    dirty carb ups on taco bell can NEVER go wrong!!! I am very jelly my bro!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

dirty carb ups on taco bell can NEVER go wrong!!! I am very jelly my bro!!!
    Thanks for the support brosuf! I weighed in this morning at 239.0lbs! LOL!!! CARBS FTW MFR's!

AND...since I indulged in all the finest carbs (cookies, cakes, candies, taco bell/kfc, etc...) I treated myself to a glycogen depletion work out and just walked back in the house. I'm still shaking a little bit.

I pulled this workout template from Lyle McDonalds UD2 book which I bought almost 2 years ago but have never followed to the letter. That book is for people in the 15-18% BF range, and I just haven't been able to stick with my diet and training program long enough to reach that. This too shall change as I intend on going full on UD2 in March/April time frame. Workout looked like this, and boy did this suck...

The workout is circuit in nature, with major muscle groups superset with each other. One full circuit is 3 super sets of antagonistic muscle groups.

Leg Press 3x390x15
    Stiff Leg Good Morning 3x95x15

Incline Bench Press 3x135x15
    Bent Over BB Row 3x155x15

Overhead Presses 3x95x15
    Hammer Curls 2x30x15

Incline Face Pull 3x120x15
    DB Overhead Tri Press 2x60x15

That was circuit #1....OMG WTF SOS...

Round 2!!!

Leg Press 3x390x15
    Stiff Leg Good AM 3x95x15

DB Incline Bench 3x60x15 (60lb dumbbells)
    Barbell Bent Over Row 3x155x15

Standing DB OHP 3x40x15
    Hammer Curl 2x30x15

Face Pull 3x120x15
    Standing DB Tri Press 2x60x15

DONE. I honestly got nauseous and got dry mouth and thought I was dying...lol, not that last part, but I could have yacked for serious! I feel depleted and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's mini-carb up via Christmas dinner.

Merry Christmas to all on here, and my very best to you and yours on this Holy holiday! God bless!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Sounds like some serious work bro, Lord knows I am going five kinds of cardio bunny today to make up for Sunday.

Get it in, get it done
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Quick Holiday/Birthday impact update...up to 243.0lbs this am! LOL I have been on a scheduled deload from the weight room AND stuffing my face full of holiday foods and birthday cake. Back on plan starting Monday with keto diet and the first day of cycle 7 of 5/3/1. On a rather interesting note, I was able to wear pants last night that I had fit for me at 225lbs back in August. They were a little snug, but not to the point I couldn't tuck a shirt in and still be comfortable...I'd really like to get a good bodyfat measurement other than the one I do here at home. I'd be interested to see how much lean mass I have under all this junk!

Also, on a fitness Christmas note, both my wife and I got FitBits for Christmas AND the WiFi scale that goes with it! So we're finally going to be a household dedicated to health and fitness! It's been almost 2 years, but we're getting to where I've wanted us to be since the beginning! ALSO, I bought an iron gym yesterday to work on my pullups at home. I can do 2-3 TOPS (bad form too) before I have to stop. The goal here is to work on negative reps, build the muscle and endurance so that I can, from a dead hang, bang-out 10 solid reps. Then, I'll start adding weight to my pull ups! I'm VERY excited about this new pull-up venture and I will try to include the progress there in my updates here!

Tomorrow, the wife and I are taking her mom up to Busch Gardens for one more trek through Christmas Town so tons and TONS of walking, and tracking with the FitBit! Back to the healthier, Keto lifestyle on Monday! I think these extra holiday pounds will drop off very quickly. I'm looking at this as an extended INTENSE carb-up! I just don't want to have to suffer through the induction phase again, but I won't be surprised if I do. Til next time iron-heads!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

never heard of a fit bit bro, might have to research that. and I always considered lon carb ups to be better called "strategic metabolism resets"
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

never heard of a fit bit bro, might have to research that. and I always considered lon carb ups to be better called "strategic metabolism resets"
    Today is my first day back in the gym after my "Strategic Metabolism Reset" (courtesy of Cowmustard). Long story short: I ate like a fat @$$ for the past 10 days and now is the time to ante up, buckle down, and get back to where I was headed. I feel rested. I feel anxious to get back to pushing plates. I also feel extra motivated at the moment! I'll be doing the BB.com $100K transformation challenge along with my gym partner. Cardio will be added to the mix and I'll be tracking my foods again using MFP. I've got 12 weeks to strip this fat off for good. Back on the horse starting today. Only one cheat meal will be had over the next 12 weeks as I turn 29 this Sunday. Cake shall be had, along with beers and a burger and fries, but I'll get in a workout that morning to mute the impact.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

i ate horribly as well my bro, back in it, to win it!!!

where does one go for this contest by the way, could always use some extra cash.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

where does one go for this contest by the way, could always use some extra cash.
    Look here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2013...challenge.html for the challenge sign up.

Today is a light day. The gym closed at noon, and I didn't get out of bed until 1215 lulz. So tomorrow will be deadlift day! Today I will be going for a short run around the neighborhood, then out and about with the wife to a movie and other events.

Weight was 242.2lbs this am. Holiday water weight is starting to shed. I'd be surprised if I'm not below 240lbs by the end of the week.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Keepin' It Kingdom (KIK) jcpryor3's Avatar
    jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep up the great work Jax! I'm jealous of your 10 day carb-up sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Also, thanks for that contest link. Gonna check it out as well.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Starting Stats: 206lbs@19%, LBM@193.4lbs <---------- LBM inaccurate
    Current Stats: 177.8lbs@11.5%, LBM@157.7lbs

God is first, I am second
    Set goals, take action, then achieve
    Keto Lifestyle

2012 BB.com Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150883123

Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    Keep up the great work Jax! I'm jealous of your 10 day carb-up sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Also, thanks for that contest link. Gonna check it out as well.
    Thanks JCP! Don't be jelly of the work I now have to do to get the consequences off my hind-parts from the 10 days of carb'd up bliss!

Worked out yesterday and didn't update the training piece. Cardio is now IN my daily routine. I will probably take one or two days off per week, but I need to do it to make this transformation happen.

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Standing Military Press:
    75 lb x 8 reps (+75 pts)
    95 lb x 5 reps (+75 pts)
    115 lb x 3 reps (+69 pts)
    120 lb x 5 reps (+89 pts)
    135 lb x 5 reps (+99 pts)
    155 lb x 7 reps (+125 pts)
    115 lb x 15 reps (+108 pts)

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
    50 lb x 10 reps (+84 pts)
    50 lb x 10 reps (+84 pts)
    50 lb x 8 reps (+81 pts)
    40 lb x 10 reps (+73 pts)
    40 lb x 10 reps (+73 pts)

Barbell Curl:
    60 lb x 10 reps (+17 pts)

Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise:
    15 lb x 10 reps (+19 pts)
    15 lb x 10 reps (+19 pts)

Side Lateral Raise:
    25 lb x 10 reps (+9 pts)
    25 lb x 10 reps (+9 pts)

V-Bar Pulldown:
    170 lb x 10 reps (+49 pts)

Lat Pulldown:
    170 lb x 10 reps (+36 pts)
    170 lb x 10 reps (+36 pts)

Walking (treadmill):
    0:15:00 || 3 mph || 2 % (+19 pts)

Running (treadmill):
    0:10:00 || 5 mph || 170 BPM || 1 % (+74 pts)

This is the first time I've taken the Fitocracy summary and pasted it in, so that's where all the point totals come from. Clearly, the biggest point totals come from the big movements: Standing OHPs with barbell and dumbbells and V-Bar pull downs. More to come!
    Last edited by JaxLifter; 01-01-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Formatting
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Just finished a 2.2mile jog. Starting off slow with this cardio stuff. Did it in 24mins so at a nice pace, around 5.2mph around the neighborhood. Keto dinner on the way. Not sure what it will be exactly, but cardio program is in full swing in addition to the weight lifting.

What kind of cardio do y'all do while on keto? My fear is using up stored energy to do cardio that I otherwise would use to lift weights and continue to gain in the gym. Any thoughts? I'm just going to do some progressive overload on the cardio. Go faster/farther/steeper incline, etc. until I reach my weight loss goals. This transformation contest is a BIG motivator! I've got 12 weeks to drop 25lbs and pack on 12lbs of lean muscle...can it be done on keto? The world will find out with me!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

242.8lbs this am. Up 0.6 from yesterday. Not bad considering operation "CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE OF ALL BAD FOOD STUFFS" happened last night for dinner. Pizza, mac'n'cheese and candy were had...not "Ideal" keto foods lulz...I'll be on it today through Friday, then my birthday weekend will happen. I will offically start back up on my CKD on Monday, 7 January. Added cardio will help blunt the effects of eating like crap this week (I hope) in addition to the next 3 days all being lifting days. There will be blood! Gonna KILL it this week!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Just finished a 2.2mile jog. Starting off slow with this cardio stuff. Did it in 24mins so at a nice pace, around 5.2mph around the neighborhood. Keto dinner on the way. Not sure what it will be exactly, but cardio program is in full swing in addition to the weight lifting.

What kind of cardio do y'all do while on keto? My fear is using up stored energy to do cardio that I otherwise would use to lift weights and continue to gain in the gym. Any thoughts? I'm just going to do some progressive overload on the cardio. Go faster/farther/steeper incline, etc. until I reach my weight loss goals. This transformation contest is a BIG motivator! I've got 12 weeks to drop 25lbs and pack on 12lbs of lean muscle...can it be done on keto? The world will find out with me!
    this post has me pumped up man!!! subbed in for awesomeness and more.

keto cardio seems to be a pretty big debate, some say liss, some say miss, some say hiit, some say none.

for me, it seems circuits do the best in terms of fat loss efficiency(given diet). Then again it might just be my ADHD...

Couple fun circuits
    -2min skip rope
    -2min plank work
    -2min shadow boxing
    -2min ladder work
    -quick 5min run
    repeat, change ect.

or one yabby got me started on
    -heavy bag combos at a furious pace 1 min
    -1 min fast jump rope
    -20 burpees
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mnguy12000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ***TRAINING UPDATE***

I do LISS on days that i lift and HIIT on non lifting days, 2 days a week. For me with LISS is it about 30 minutes @ 4.1 mph and 10-12* incline.

When doing HIIT I got for 26 minutes with 4 minute warm-up/cool down for a total of 14 minutes of HIIT sprints.

This for me has worked well.

I also feel extra motivated at the moment! I'll be doing the BB.com $100K transformation challenge along with my gym partner.
    alright, I think I joined as well.... they sent me the email so I guess that's it right???
    Last edited by Cowmustard; 01-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

alright, I think I joined as well.... they sent me the email so I guess that's it right???
    MONEY bro! Litterally...but you'll have to fight me for it! lol! Let's get after it! You're already well on your way! Your before pics are pretty good as is! I'm trying to get my after to look like your before! lulz

Originally Posted by mnguy12000 View Post
    I do LISS on days that i lift and HIIT on non lifting days, 2 days a week. For me with LISS is it about 30 minutes @ 4.1 mph and 10-12* incline.

When doing HIIT I got for 26 minutes with 4 minute warm-up/cool down for a total of 14 minutes of HIIT sprints.

This for me has worked well.
    Nice work there man and welcome to the log! I'm just getting started in the cardio department, so today, my LISS was 50 mins on the treadmill at abour 3.3-3.4mph at a 2.0 incline. Each time in, I'll try and either go faster or raise the incline. Progressive overload works in the weight room and in the cardio room!

***TRAINING UPDATE***

So yesterday, I didn't make it to the gym and I felt like CRAP because of it! I ended up working a 12 hour day and I couldn't make it when my partner could so I bagged it for the day. That just meant that todays lifting session was going to be BRUTAL! Deadlifts to start AND bench day to boot! LET'S DO THIS

Normally, I superset pull-downs in between sets of bench...today, I superset bench with deadlifts #fun!

DEADLIFTS
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    240x5
    280x5 < these felt VERY light. I was caught off guard with how quick and easy these went up.
    315x5 < I had more in the tank, but knowing I was still going to be doing my bench day, I decided to hit my prescribed number, and move on to next week. Balls to the wall next week on deadlift day for sure!

BENCH PRESS
    105x5
    135x5
    155x3
    170x5
    195x5
    225x7! PR at this weight! Last time I did 225lbs, I did 6 reps and that was just a few weeks ago (13 December)! My last 7 rep max was December 6 at 215lbs. GAINZZZZZZ

SUPERSET INCLINE DUMBBELL BENCH
    5x65x10

With T-BAR ROWS
    5x105x10

SUPERSET FACE PULLS
    5x115x20

WITH TRICEP PUSH DOWNS
    5X115X20

Both my buddy and I got INSANE pumps during this last superset. The face pulls got the bi's going and the triceps were screaming during the last couple of sets. AWESOME work out!

NOTES: Today, I decided to have a shake at around 930. I usually do IF style eating/training and train fasted (with the exception of my pre-wo which is Amino Energy so no carbs/sugars there) and then break my fast with my post-wo shake. Today, I felt like a friggin animal in the gym. I had energy to burn. I may be switching up my eating patterns a bit to test this further. More on that as this log goes along.

Today's eating is very keto. Hot dogs, cheese stick and pork rinds for lunch, along with the two shakes, and I've only taken in 930 calories! Macros so far are 68gFat, 17gCho and 99gPro. Looking good!

Also, weighed 241.2lbs this am. Will likely be below 240lbs tomorrow. AM cardio and squats mid-day for another calorie destroying day!

My current BB.com goals (aligned with this challenge) are to get to 220lbs at 15%BF. I may have low balled my current BF at 25% but it's hard to tell. Regardless, according to my guesstimate, I need to lose 37lbs of bodyfat and put on 12lbs of muscle...in 12 weeks...naturally....:-/....I'll do my best! Might not make it by April 1, but by June 1??? Eye on this prize right here!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Heck yea broski!!!!

Glad you are in on the challenge man, strength in numbers!!!

Very jelly of those bench numbers, still struggling for 225 reps after breaking my hand way back when.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Heck yea broski!!!!

Glad you are in on the challenge man, strength in numbers!!!

Very jelly of those bench numbers, still struggling for 225 reps after breaking my hand way back when.
    Injuries SUCK!!! I busted my hip flexor back during the summer and didn't squat or deadlift for 2 MONTHS!!! It was killing me to not use heavy(ish) weights like that. I also have bum shoulders (popped out the left one in HS doing incline bench. Went to re-rack the weight and actually cleared the rack and had 135 go WAY over my head. It still pops every time I rotate my arm windmill style. Right shoulder is better, but I was a baseball pitcher for 8 years growing up, and that one is worn down as well). Due to these issues, I don't push my bench or OHP sets to faliure often. It just hurts too damn bad and I don't want to have any set backs. This is a MARATHON! If I go balls out and dislocate something, I'll have to take time off and start all over! NOT my idea of a good time. Slow and steady. 5lb PRs and rep PRs all the way to 300+lb bench. That's the goal there. I would LOVE a 225lb OHP, but I'm going to stall on my OHP's sometime soon I fear. Squats need improvement, but these box squats are helping big time. I'm scared to get rid of the box for fear of re-agrivating my hip flexor, but at some point, I'm just going to have to do it and see what happens.

Right now, in assessing my goals in my sig below, I WILL be hitting my OHP, bench and deadlift numbers. My Squat number was unrealistic I think. I'm at 265lbs now, and even if I did 20lb jumps per cycle, I would't get to 315lbs...so I'll have to re-jigger that goal to 285lbs and just go up 10lbs per cycle. I'm going to accelerate my deadlift progress from 10lb jumps to 15-20lbs just because they're going quite strong and I want that 375lbs by March 1st. I'll hit 350lbs this cycle, then 365lbs the next and 375lbs after that. Two 15lb jumps and then a 10lb jump and I'm where I want to be in the next 10 weeks or so. The bench and OHP numbers are 5lb jumps for each of the next 2 cycles. I'll actually hit 250lb bench next cycle so that's good news!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

I hear ya about the box, I was watching some vids from powerlift dudes, they seemed to focus solely on box squats and front squats for most of the year and cycle in back squats a month or so before contest.

either way, I am sticking with boxes for now for my health and form, I have no intentions doing any kinda powerlifting competition so as long as boxes and fronts get me strength and growth, imma stay. :P

sucks about the shoulders bro, I will likely have issues with my knees eventually due to all the kickboxing, running, and hard living. but it is worth it.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

I hear ya about the box, I was watching some vids from powerlift dudes, they seemed to focus solely on box squats and front squats for most of the year and cycle in back squats a month or so before contest.

either way, I am sticking with boxes for now for my health and form, I have no intentions doing any kinda powerlifting competition so as long as boxes and fronts get me strength and growth, imma stay. :P

sucks about the shoulders bro, I will likely have issues with my knees eventually due to all the kickboxing, running, and hard living. but it is worth it.
    Thanks for setting me straight boss! I'm not going to do powerlifting meets or get a pro IFBB card or anything...as long as I keep progressing on these box squats, I'll stick with them! Thanks for showing me the light! And the shoulders are doing really well so far on this 5/3/1 program! The progression is so slow, only 5lbs/cycle (which is 3-4 weeks depending of if I do or skip the deload week) which allows whatever connective tissues I have left to get stronger as well. My problem for SO long was jumping up in weight way to fast! From 185 to 205 to 225 to injury, to 135 then back up...This time, I found a plan that boasts slow and steady gains, and I'm sticking to it like glue! Gains are gains, unless they're GAINZZZ! lol

Yesterday, I ended up pigging out once I got home. I had a keto style dinner with turkey sausage (SODIUM BOMB) and steamed broccoli w/cauliflower. However, I also had 2 Adkins Advantage bars, 2 tbsp of PB and a few bites of left over Christmas candy. Weight was the same as yesterday, 241.2lbs, so color me surprised that I didn't get back below 240 by this morning! But that sodium bomb for dinner last night (550mg sodium per serving X 5 servings...do the maths) has me holding some high quality H20 for sure.

Got in a 50 minute walk this morning at 3.3mph (avg) on a 2.5 incline. I'll likely do this again once next week before bumping the incline up to 3.0. I've decided that I will do this type of cardio every day during the week, and try to do some type of exercise with my wife over the weekend (I'll think of sumthin) and have one day of complete rest (likely Sunday).

Squats later this morning around 11am. I'm going to eat another Adkins bar and a protein shake prior to my lift sesh today to see how the fed state workout feels. I'm REALLY excited to squat today! Going to CRUSH this!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Today's fitness activites look like this:

Walking (treadmill):
    0:50:00 || 3 mph || 140 BPM || 2.5 % 0:50:00 || 3 mph || 140 BPM || 2.5 % 0:50:00 || 3 mph || 140 BPM || 2.5 % (+215 pts)

Barbell Box Squat:
    95 lb x 5 reps 43.1 kg x 5 reps 95 lb x 5 reps (+32 pts)
    145 lb x 5 reps 65.8 kg x 5 reps 145 lb x 5 reps (+45 pts)
    175 lb x 3 reps 79.4 kg x 3 reps 175 lb x 3 reps (+45 pts)
    200 lb x 5 reps 90.7 kg x 5 reps 200 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)
    225 lb x 5 reps 102.1 kg x 5 reps 225 lb x 5 reps (+78 pts)
    255 lb x 8 reps 115.7 kg x 8 reps 255 lb x 8 reps (+109 pts)

Leg Press:
    430 lb x 10 reps 195 kg x 10 reps 430 lb x 10 reps (+60 pts)

Stiff Leg Barbell Good Morning:
    115 lb x 10 reps 52.2 kg x 10 reps 115 lb x 10 reps (+34 pts)

Hanging Bent Leg Raise:
    10 reps 10 reps 10 reps (+5 pts)

Good workout overall today! Gym was busy again today with the usual Jan 1 newb crowd which is kind of a drag. What was ALSO a drag was, while prepping for my first work set of box squats at 200lbs, a dude was REPPING OUT 315lbs on the incline bench...I watched him do it (covertly so as not to be "that creppy guy") and the rest of my sets INSTANTLY felt lighter! He super set that with explosive deadlifts of 405lbs. Made me wanna cry it looked so damn easy for him! ANYWAY, this game isn't a competition between him and me, it's ALL about me!!! So I set a PR today at 255lbs by knocking out 8 reps. Prior PR at 255lbs was 5 reps on Dec. 14. So three weeks, one deload week and a crap load of recovery eating AKA "Strategic Metabolic Resetting" (Tips hat to CowMustard) and here I am, stronger in 2013 than I EVER was in 2012!!! But it's early, and this game doesn't stop just because the calendar does. Hungry for Monday's presses already!

It's my birthday Sunday, so more "Resetting" will be done this weekend. Hoping to not go overboard, but this is my last birthday that starts with a "2" so I have to do it in style! Plan is to hit an authentic German restaruant on Sunday for lunch and get their schnitzel sandwich which comes on a pretzel roll. It's the best thing I ever ate. THEN, end the day with pizza and wings from my favorite local pizza joint, draft beers from my kegerator at home, and a viewing of the Redskins v. Seahawks at 430! One of my gifts this year is an RG3 jersey that I WILL be wearing during the game! Wifey is also making a red velvet cake tonight, so we can eat it up all weekend and start Monday without that delicious temptation in the house. SURE to be a great weekend!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

First of, Lulz at the wifey cardio!

Heck yea on the PR my man!!!

Dude don't even worry about the carbs, trust me I have done far worse in a night!!! Champs are defined by rising back up no matter how many times they fall.

I've been workin on my mind with bad eating, I am trying to figure out my 3 habit stages 1que 2action 3reward. Working on recognizing my que's then adjusting the action and enjoying a healthy reward.

We are going to get this done!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard