atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Need help with my macros and calories as I have been told I am still eating too littl

I am 5'8 around 63kg, goal is to cut a little more then bulk clean. not sure about body fat average or low probably.

Intake:
    BMR = 1500 Cals
    Sedentary Lifestyle/Desk job for 8 hours + Travel by public transport(so a little walking) = 1.2*1500 = 1800 cals

Macros:

- at moderate bodyfat should I be having 1.25x141 = 176.25g of Protein ?
    - Average/Low body fat 0.5*141 = 70.5g of Fats ?
    - Leaves me with 115.125g of carbs.

Work out:

3x Weight Lifting and cardio same day

HRM average says 500cals burnt per workout which is what I am aiming for.

I have monitored my weight for the past 1.5-2 weeks using the above and before that my weight was fluctuating between 64-66 kg and now it is fluctuating between 61-65 kg I am really confused.

Previously I was eating too little like 1400 cals a day and working out 6 days a week burning 500-900 cals and messed up bad so now this is my new plan, does it seem okay or do I need to increase or decrease my calorie intake ? any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless you are female, cutting would be an extremely bad idea.

And if you work out 3x a week, your activity factor would be easily 1.4.

Protein only needs to be 1g/lb.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atcman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I want to cut right now because next year it will be easier for me to bulk since I wont be controlling what I eat only how much I eat as I will be home for 3-4 months, the food will mostly be carbs.

Also if I already know how much I am burning per workout do I need to multiply the BMR by a factor of 1.4 ? because as I understand it you calculate BMR then multiply it by your lifestyle factor and then exercise to burn off the calories you want to burn to lose the amount of weight you want to lose ?

e.g.

1500*1.2 = 1800 for deskjob and want to burn 1500 cals per week so

1800 - 500 per workout = 1300 cals net per work out day

where as if I multiply it by 1.4

1500*1.4 = 2100

2100 - 500 per workout = 1600 cals

1800 - 1600 cals = 200

200*3 = 600 cals deficit per week ?

bump

michcoth1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you still insist on cutting... I think you're eating too little at 1300 calories if you're a male. Remember this is a marathon not a race. If you're trying to cut, don't just do -500 cals per day. Do a percentage of your maintenance instead. You say you're at a moderate amount of bodyfat. I'll assume that to be 20%. Which, if that's true, means your maintenance is probably closer to 1950 cals per day at your weight and an activity level of 1.4, (remember this is just an estimate to get you in the ballpark of your true maintenance.) Take off 10-20% of that instead of subtracting a 500 cals per day. I suggest starting off with a small deficit at 10% (1755 cals.) Watch the scale and the mirror to get a good idea if your in the right area. After 3-4 weeks if your still not losing fat drop another 5% from your maintenance (1650 cals). Keep doing this until you start losing.

Also, Germaine has it right about 1g/lb for protein. Also, you don't have carb requirements, so if you meet your protein and fat goals, then just get the remaining calories from whatever. If you feel you need more carbs for energy, then get more carbs.

Originally Posted by michcoth1 View Post
    If you still insist on cutting... I think you're eating too little at 1300 calories if you're a male. Remember this is a marathon not a race. If you're trying to cut, don't just do -500 cals per day. Do a percentage of your maintenance instead. You say you're at a moderate amount of bodyfat. I'll assume that to be 20%. Which, if that's true, means your maintenance is probably closer to 1950 cals per day at your weight and an activity level of 1.4, (remember this is just an estimate to get you in the ballpark of your true maintenance.) Take off 10-20% of that instead of subtracting a 500 cals per day. I suggest starting off with a small deficit at 10% (1755 cals.) Watch the scale and the mirror to get a good idea if your in the right area. After 3-4 weeks if your still not losing fat drop another 5% from your maintenance (1650 cals). Keep doing this until you start losing.

Also, Germaine has it right about 1g/lb for protein. Also, you don't have carb requirements, so if you meet your protein and fat goals, then just get the remaining calories from whatever. If you feel you need more carbs for energy, then get more carbs.
    Thanks for the reply, one more question though, do I have to reduce my calories intake on non workout days ? wouldnt staying at the same intake cancel out the calorie deficit caused by exercise ?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by atcman View Post
    Thanks for the reply, one more question though, do I have to reduce my calories intake on non workout days ? wouldnt staying at the same intake cancel out the calorie deficit caused by exercise ?
    It sounds like you're on the read to an eating disorder.

michcoth1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by atcman View Post
    No that's a common misconception. It' ALL about the calorie deficit. You're body is constantly metabolizing fat. If you're in a deficit for the entire week, then your body will burn more fast store then you create. The only purpose for eating more calories on a workout day and eating less calories on a non-workout day would serve would be satiation or the "feeling: of having more energy on workout days. So that all comes down personal preference. Don't be scared to eat too much. Cutting is and should be easy. Don't over complicate it. Just make sure you monitor your macros, and your calories closely and you should lose weight.

Originally Posted by michcoth1 View Post
    No that's a common misconception. It' ALL about the calorie deficit. You're body is constantly metabolizing fat. If you're in a deficit for the entire week, then your body will burn more fast store then you create. The only purpose for eating more calories on a workout day and eating less calories on a non-workout day would serve would be satiation or the "feeling: of having more energy on workout days. So that all comes down personal preference. Don't be scared to eat too much. Cutting is and should be easy. Don't over complicate it. Just make sure you monitor your macros, and your calories closely and you should lose weight.
    thanks bro, really appreciate the help. all repped+