remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Goodlife gym "fit-fix"

I joimed goodlife last week amd got 6 sessions with a personal trainer

So far we have been doing the "fit-fix" program, and i kinda like it.

Hits all the major muscle groups, 2 sets and 15 minutes of high heart rate cardio and i out of the gym in just over an hour.

My question is if i keep doing fit fix, following the week 1 - 8 reps, week 2 - 9 reps, week 3 - 10 reps etc to 5 weeks, increase the weights by 10% and rinse and repeat going to the gym mon/wed/fri will i see some good results?

My diet is around 2700 calories, trying to get over 160g of protien and as low sodium count as i can.

So far he doesnt have me taking any supplements, which i think would both help performance and recovery not to mention diet.

I think the sales pitch is coming to pay for more sessions but i am not daddy warbucks.

If i stick to the plan outlined above
    Will i be alright?

I am 165 lbs
    23% body fat
    5'11" tall

Thanks!
    (From a noob)

R.

Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I don't really know what the program is, and 2 sets to hit all muscle groups is NOT many, what exercises does the program involve?

Also what are your goals?

remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Fit fix" includes these and is done in this order.

1. back extension
    2. seated leg curl
    3. leg extension
    4. seated row
    5. chest press
    6. lateral raise
    7. biceps curl (preacher curl)
    8. triceps extension
    9. ab crunch

In between 6-7 i also add in military press and lat pull downs.

My goals are fat loss, down to 10-12 % and streangth.

Not looking at getting a competition body, but good defenition.

Thanks for replying!!

R.

rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diet is what's key when it comes to losing weight, exercise is just a tool to get you into a deficient

As far as strength goes you aren't going to see many useful strength gains on that program, get too the big compound lifts if you want strength not machine and isolation

EDIT: Also there is no reason to go low sodium as long as you aren't playing around with your hormones (no jooce) just keep your sodium levels consistent and stay well hydrated and you won't have any issues.
    Last edited by rmwing; 11-30-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    - Gym over everything Beta Crew
    - Hungry even when Bulking Crew
    - Glorious God Gamer
    - Would rather risk fatherfood then wear protection Crew

bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mother of God...

You, sir, are being swindled. The only thing they have done right by you is not suggesting supplements for you to take. I would recommend you use neither that program nor that trainer. Here's what I want you to do.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118920551

Visit that thread to start. If the link works it is descriptions and videos of the 6 main compound lifts. You will learn how to do them properly and safely. If the link does not work (and for some reason they don't now and then) the off the main forum go to "Exercises" and there will be a sticky near the top. That's what you must read. If you must go this route you will now learn how to find stickies, a valid skill.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135564721

Next go there. It is a variation of the popular SS program that I recommend you get on immediately. It is called "Babylover's Starting Strength". Once again, if the link doesn't work you're going to have to use the search function and search "why the traditional starting strength program sucks balls". It should be one of the first hits, the author is babylover. You have also learned how to use the search function, another valuable skill.

Next head over to the nutrition section and check out the stickies there. You are very underweight for your height, as well as possessing a frightfully low amount of lean mass for your height. A healthy weight at your height (assuming you are male) would be around 180-190 pounds at a relatively lean amount of bodyfat. There is far too much information required to outline it all here, so go ahead and read the stickies in the nutrition section at your leisure.

As for supplements you really don't need anything yet. If you feel that you simply cannot go without then go check out the stickies in the supplement section. Specifically the ones to do with general and overall health. They contain more information than a thousand individual threads combined.

And also have fun.
    Controlled Labs • Orange Triad | Oximega | Glycergrow

Allmax • Taurine | Creatine Mono | Beta Alanine

Primaforce • Agmatine | Cit. Mal. | COP | ALCAR

Thanks for the information! +rep for sure.

Remit.
    (and yes i am Male)

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by remit View Post
    I joimed goodlife last week amd got 6 sessions with a personal trainer

So far we have been doing the "fit-fix" program, and i kinda like it.

Hits all the major muscle groups, 2 sets and 15 minutes of high heart rate cardio and i out of the gym in just over an hour.

My question is if i keep doing fit fix, following the week 1 - 8 reps, week 2 - 9 reps, week 3 - 10 reps etc to 5 weeks, increase the weights by 10% and rinse and repeat going to the gym mon/wed/fri will i see some good results?
    You'll get out of any exercise plan about as much as you put into it.

My diet is around 2700 calories, trying to get over 160g of protien and as low sodium count as i can.
    That's a starting point. Don't forget to eat adequate fat.

Unless you have specific blood pressure issues, sodium is not the enemy. In fact, your body cannot function without adequate daily sodium intake. Simply salt your food to taste, and then forget about it.

So far he doesnt have me taking any supplements, which i think would both help performance and recovery not to mention diet.
    Other than maybe a good multivitamin and possibly some fish oil caps (if you don't eat fish a couple times a week), there's no requirement for supps at your level. Work on getting what you need from regular food for now.

What you're currently doing has got you off the couch and on a reasonably regimented routine of exercise. That's good for now; there's no need to complicate things further at this point. In a month or two, once you've gotten your feet planted squarely on the ground, your goals may change to something more specific, requiring a more-targeted program. The stickies at the top of this forum list a multitude of good beginner bodybuilding programs for when you're ready to move up.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733