69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pulling shoulders back

Looking for a excercise/excercises/opinion on how to help pull my shoulders back to broaden my chest out..they slouch forward slightly
    "There's only one way to become champion. Never fu*king lose." -Gannicus
    -Muscle ups - 15
    -Bench - 225x3
    -Squat - 315x5
    -DL - 405 1RM

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    face pulls
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69GTOJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by andrewwww View Post
    face pulls
    Thanks, i'll give that a try.
    -Muscle ups - 15
    -Bench - 225x3
    -Squat - 315x5
    -DL - 405 1RM

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Deep/atg (even bodyweight) squats and staying as upright as possible and thoracic extensions on a foam roller. Forces your spine to remain neutral even without effort.

Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arm_Wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been told that is a slight result of training chest more (not necessarily in frequency, but in times it can be trained vs how often it is trained) than training your traps, lats, upper back (face pulls already mentioned), ect. I would focus on getting your back/traps hit as often as what is possible while still allowing for recovery. I have seen this in some powerlifters I know who ONLY train for the bench, and it is severe.
    "To get where you want to be, you have to train like you want to get there."

Originally Posted by Arm_Wrestler View Post
    I have been told that is a slight result of training chest more (not necessarily in frequency, but in times it can be trained vs how often it is trained) than training your traps, lats, upper back (face pulls already mentioned), ect. I would focus on getting your back/traps hit as often as what is possible while still allowing for recovery. I have seen this in some powerlifters I know who ONLY train for the bench, and it is severe.
    Im pretty sure that's what caused the problem, When i first started I was doing chest 2 maybe even 3 times before I worked on back that hard. trying to change that
    -Muscle ups - 15
    -Bench - 225x3
    -Squat - 315x5
    -DL - 405 1RM

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Arm_Wrestler View Post
    Yes - mild kyphosis is often the result of overtraining the chest relative to the upper back. The solution is normally to add in more exercises targeting the rhomboids, posterior delts, traps and lats. I'd try wide grip pull-ups, bent over rows etc. Plus chest stretches.

Originally Posted by repsandsets View Post
    Yes - mild kyphosis is often the result of overtraining the chest relative to the upper back. The solution is normally to add in more exercises targeting the rhomboids, posterior delts, traps and lats. I'd try wide grip pull-ups, bent over rows etc. Plus chest stretches.
    Thanks for the help, I have a slight problem doing wide grip with full extension due to a old broken collar bone/shoulder displcement accident. So I have limited range of motion, most of my pull-ups come from muscle ups.
    -Muscle ups - 15
    -Bench - 225x3
    -Squat - 315x5
    -DL - 405 1RM

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chest-supported rows, make sure to squeeze your shoulder blades together as hard as you possibly can in the fully contracted position.

Registered User LlamaWithARifle's Avatar
    LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Slouching is also from a tight chest as well, so make sure to static stretch using the doorway stretch.

Facepulls, shrugs and barbell rows should strengthen the upper back.
    Squat: 202.5kg | 446lbs
    Bench: 125kg | 275lbs
    Deadlift: 235kg | 518lbs

mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    face pulls and resistance band pull aparts

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do a lot of rear delt flyes (cable and dumbell), face pulls and scap-only rows. The latter I use as a warm-up on shoulder and back days. I do pulldowns with straight arms and just depress my scaps (the bar doesn't move far), then go to the level row machine and do the same. My posture isn't bad but years of sitting at a desk has made it default to kyphotic when I'm not standing up straight. Stretch your pecs a lot, also.

Originally Posted by BalhamBeast View Post
    I do a lot of rear delt flyes (cable and dumbell), face pulls and scap-only rows. The latter I use as a warm-up on shoulder and back days. I do pulldowns with straight arms and just depress my scaps (the bar doesn't move far), then go to the level row machine and do the same. My posture isn't bad but years of sitting at a desk has made it default to kyphotic when I'm not standing up straight. Stretch your pecs a lot, also.
    Sounds good, thanks for the advice to all!
    -Muscle ups - 15
    -Bench - 225x3
    -Squat - 315x5
    -DL - 405 1RM

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good answers in here already.
    any upper back/rear delt work will help.

face pulls, chest supported rows, DB rows, even deads and shrugs would probably help.

try some band pull aparts as well.

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you came here for exercises. ill give you some grammar instead. its "an exercise/opinion"