Registered User bsem2%40mail.com's Avatar
    bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Plrease clarify some things about the Keto Diet.

So I plan on using the keto diet, and I know there is a great post on the keto diet, but a lot of the information is contradictory. Some believe you should carb load after a workout, others say this is self defeating. Some believe veggies are OK, others believe you should stick with fats and proteins only. Some say you can't build muscle while cutting fat, others say you absolutely will. Some say drinking is okay during the carb phase, others say its still something to be avoided. Some say go light on cardio or don't do any, others say HIIT or steady state is necessary. Needless to say, after 100+ pages of posts on the matter, I'm confused.

I was hoping those who've succeeded could help me differentiate the truth vs. the mended approach based upon people's opinions. What is the true approach? I am currently doing Kris Gethin's 12 week training. Is that okay or do I have to do the workout in the keto post? Also, how do I make sure I have a burnout workout? I'm afraid if I carb load I may not exhaust myself enough, and thus won't lose fat the same way I would on a strict low carb diet.

What is the best resource for the diet? Is it a book? If so, what's it called and by who? I've read that the diet was designed for epileptics, so obviously I want a source that will discuss its benefits as far as fat loss, muscle building.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In the nutrition section there is a whole sub forum for Ketogenic Diets, you might be better trying your luck there.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is it about keto that makes you want to take that approach rather than a traditional caloric deficit? Keto is fine I guess, but there's nothing magical about it. It's just a kind of gimmicky way of achieving caloric deficit, when you could just do it the old fashioned way and actually have some control and flexibility with what you are eating.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

Registered User bsem2%40mail.com's Avatar
    bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsem2%40mail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess its the low carb approach forcing fat to burn as fuel that appeals to me. It claims to spare muscle, and expedite results.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bsem2%40mail.com View Post
    I guess its the low carb approach forcing fat to burn as fuel that appeals to me. It claims to spare muscle, and expedite results.
    It's a shell game mate, there's nothing special going on there in the bigger picture, beyond a potential advantage in terms of your own individual response, which is true of any diet.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

If you are obese and react badly to carbs, you'll probably do well on keto as a short term measure. If not, a less restrictive approach that will teach you how to eat the rest of your life is probably a better long term option.

weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it does NOT spare muscle and it does NOT expediate results any more than a traditional caloric deficit.

Keto is purely personal preference. Results will be the same. Before you actually do keto, make sure that it is what you WANT to do, because there is no benefit (or disadvantage) of it.

Keto doesn't burn body fat for fuel, it uses dietary fat for fuel.

Personally, I do keto when cutting, but I try not to advocate to the rest of the world. But I can tell you how I feel to give you more info:

- I carb load (refeed) every few weeks. During this time I keep fat low and significantly increase carb intake
    - Most veggies have negligible NET carbs, so yes, most veggies are more than acceptable on keto. You would go insane without them imo
    - You can't build muscle and lose fat no matter what diet you do (with very few exceptions that probably don't even apply to you)
    - It's better to avoid drinking all together. If you must, drink absolutely no more than one day a week and keep it to spirits on the rocks. If you plan on drinking, good idea hit protein well before drinking AND to keep fat and carb intake low. Yes, this will make you feel like s**t, so better not to drink, but if you must follow these guidelines to minimise impact.
    - Personally, cardio is useless on keto. You could do cardio, but if you're on keto, you will burn out. If you want to create more of a deficit, then just drop calories (but make sure you have enough protein and fat). Cardiovascular activity is better done with intake of carbs.

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Regardless of how you get there, ANY diet that has you in a caloric deficit results in burning body fat for fuel. That is why it is a deficit; you are consuming fewer calories than your body needs to function, therefore it is forced to burn body fat for fuel.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083