Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

NuzzieFutz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Adderall and Weight Loss.

Hey there,

About three years ago i was prescribed to Adderall XR 15mg for my ADD and was taking that daily for about three months. Within those three months i went from 150lbs to 135lbs!
    I noticed that i didn't really feel hungry.. ever, so i usually had to remind myself to eat. After those three months when i stopped taking Adderall, i noticed that i did eat a little bit more, nothing too drastic though but my weight went from 135lbs to 195 lbs within six months. As shocking as it seemed I was also just as confused on why.. I was always a steady 150lbs.

Fast-forward to today, I'm now again prescribed to Adderall XR 15mg as I feel it's something I need to get through college.
    So now i'm left with questions that i can't seem to find on the forums or elsewhere..

I'm looking forward to the weight-loss again, but how can I avoid the rapid weight gain after I quit taking Adderall?

I did notice on some forums and posts, that it could've been a Metabolism issue.. but I'm not too familiar with how Metabolism works.

Also, do you think it would be safe taking Supplements such as a Whey Protein and a Multi on Adderall?

I'm looking forward to the responses, I can't seem to find an appropriate forum to post this in.. so fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Stats: 6'3", 213 lbs
    Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Znik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Znik's BodySpace
    Weight loss / gain is quite simple. Calories in vs calories used.
    If you take in more calories then you use , you gain weight, eat less than you use and you lose weight.

First of all you should read the forum stickies to learn about nutrition and calculate tdee etc. If you want to lose weight get in a deficit.
    And start taking your weight weekly, 60lbs in 6 months = about 2 lbs per week, thats approx 7000 calories too much per week.

Weight-loss is pretty much a permanent life goal, you need to keep track of it. 6 months would have been plenty of time to change your diet, even a month should have been enough to alert you that you were eating too much. Basing weight loss from drugs alone can be a bad thing, as you said its easy to gain back when appetite etc. comes back, you need to be in control of your calorie intake, before during and after.

NuzzieFutz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Weight loss / gain is quite simple. Calories in vs calories used.
    If you take in more calories then you use , you gain weight, eat less than you use and you lose weight.

First of all you should read the forum stickies to learn about nutrition and calculate tdee etc. If you want to lose weight get in a deficit.
    And start taking your weight weekly, 60lbs in 6 months = about 2 lbs per week, thats approx 7000 calories too much per week.

Weight-loss is pretty much a permanent life goal, you need to keep track of it. 6 months would have been plenty of time to change your diet, even a month should have been enough to alert you that you were eating too much. Basing weight loss from drugs alone can be a bad thing, as you said its easy to gain back when appetite etc. comes back, you need to be in control of your calorie intake, before during and after.
    Hey Znik,

Thanks for such an informative and quick response !
    Some solid advice, and it makes a lot of sense too me.
    I should've been aware of my calorie intake, going to try and stay commuted to recording what i put in and take it from there!

Thanks again, greatly appreciated
    +Rep

Stats: 5'9", 202 lbs
    Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zoso1116 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Zoso1116's BodySpace
    Adderall severly decreases your appetite so you were most likely eating a lot less than you think you were. Track your calories on and off it to make sure theyre at the right amount and you'll be fine