technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My fat loss stalled untill...

Started my journey at 228. Lost 40 pounds pretty easily with lifting, cardio and IIFYM, then stalled out at 188 for months. Consistently dropped the cals, upped the cardio, dropped the cardio, trained harder, backed off a bit, and nothing helped. Did carb cycling, IF, IIFYM, low carb, no carb, and numerous others leading up to the stall and they worked good getting me to that point.

After being stuck at 188 for a good couple months, decided to try the Carb Night Solution, which is keto with dirty refeeds, and it's been working pretty damn good. In 3 weeks of this I'm down to 172, no longer eating at a deficit, and am burning fat like crazy while recomping and adding a healthy amount of muscle. Was already ultra low carb to begin with, so it wasnt all just water weight and glyco stores as I'm sure some people will respond with...

Just thought I'd share. If anyone is having the same problems, maybe give it a go.

technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10) technifish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Another thing I'm pretty sure that helped was cutting out some of the whey and casein I was drinking. I was drinking at least 2 scoops of whey a day, and 1 scoop of casein before bed. Cut that out , started eating breakfast, and getting more of my protein requirements from solid foods, and bingo. Back to burning

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats! I think it sounds like a marketing gimmick but I like keto and I like large meals so I'll give it a try sometime and worst case scenario I have fun.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by technifish View Post
    In 3 weeks of this I'm down to 172, no longer eating at a deficit, and am burning fat like crazy while recomping and adding a healthy amount of muscle.
    This is all nonsensical. If you're losing weight, you're in a deficit. If you're losing weight, you're not recomping. You can't be adding that much muscle if you've lost 16lbs in 3 weeks, how can you even tell if you are adding muscle after 3 weeks?
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What helped was eating in a deficit. If you are not eating at a deficit, you are not losing weight. There is NO exception.

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    This is all nonsensical. If you're losing weight, you're in a deficit. If you're losing weight, you're not recomping. You can't be adding that much muscle if you've lost 16lbs in 3 weeks, how can you even tell if you are adding muscle after 3 weeks?
    I am tracking what I eat daily, and am either at maintenance or above daily. Am having consistent gains in the gym, as well as with the tape and progress pics. Call it whatever jibber jabber you'd like. I'm loosing fat, and am gaining muscle. Is that not the def. of a recomp?

I'm now holding steady at 172, can see gains in muscle, and loss in fat. You dont have to buy it, nor do I really care. But for those who are stalling, its worth a shot. It is def. working for me

Is alcohol a macro? Seoulseeker's Avatar
    Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    ^^ I have to agree, but please do post some more details to elaborate if you can. Post your stats/macros at your stall weight of 188 and then what you've been doing since then. How exactly are you measuring your "healthy amounts of muscle"?

For the record, I too am a big keto fan...if this really got the results you say, then gratz!!!

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am tracking what I eat daily, and am either at maintenance or above daily. Am having consistent gains in the gym, as well as with the tape and progress pics. Call it whatever jibber jabber you'd like. I'm loosing fat, and am gaining muscle. Is that not the def. of a recomp?

I'm now holding steady at 172, can see gains in muscle, and loss in fat. You dont have to buy it, nor do I really care. But for those who are stalling, its worth a shot. It is def. working for me
    Well the definition of maintenance is the number of calories required to stay the same weight, so you are NOT eating maintenance if you are losing weight. Strength gains do not equal muscle gains, CNS adaptations can make big differences in strength. The definition of a recomp is maintaining weight whilst changing body composition, you are losing weight not maintaining.

I would love to see progress pictures. As they say on the internet, "pics or it didn't happen".
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrRR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    glad it's working for you OP but correlation =/= causation. Lyle mcdonald has an article about this that attempt to explain why what you are experiencing happens. Has to do with cortisol levels and the body replacing lost fat with water in fat cells until a drop in cortisol begins releasing the water weight.. So essentially you are merely seeing the weight you had already been losing over the months in which you "stalled" come off. The dirty refeeds act as a catalyst to decrease cortisol levels.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    . Call it whatever jibber jabber you'd like. I'm loosing fat, and am gaining muscle. Is that not the def. of a recomp?
    It isn't jibber habber and it does make a difference. You OP said you were DOWN to, which assumes weight loss. Going from 188 to 172 is a defict, not a recomp. Additionally, you are NOT going to gain appreciable amount of muscle on a recomp in 3 weeks, so even making the claim is absurd.

You lose weight because you watched were in a deficit. You are being corrected because the nutritional field is abuzz with myths and half truths, that should stop being perpetuated.

The dirty refeeds act as a catalyst to decrease cortisol levels.
    The refeeds help with leptin production. Leptin is produced in adipose tissue, and as we lower BF levels, we lower out ability to produce leptin. However, in the presence of an insulin spike (brought on by a refeed), lpetin production dramatically increases.

Leptin is a key hormone is metabolism regulation and hunger control.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    'Dirty refeeds'

Likely your metabolism was stalling hard as and the increase in calories helped 'reset' everything.

Is alcohol a macro? Seoulseeker's Avatar
    Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seoulseeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    'Dirty refeeds'

Likely your metabolism was stalling hard as and the increase in calories helped 'reset' everything.
    Pizza w/ Bacon and Ice Cream FTW!!!

01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had pizza with bacon last night...

I dont feel the need to have to justify myself to any of you. I forget every one on here is a scientist, and knows that there is only one way to skin a cat. Being in Afghanistan, I dont have a good enough internet to post pics right this minute, but I will soon, and will post some up then.

I wasnt here to start an arguement, be told I'm wrong, or blah blah blah. Merely to try and help some one with a problem that may have been similar to mine. Nor did I say I wasnt in a deficit. I said I'm not eating at a deficit. I find it highly unlikely that at the end of the week I'm at a deficit with 4 lifting sessions a week, and a 6 hour carb binge- but- I'm no scientist. After a month at maintenance(no gain/no loss) trying to make sure it wasnt my metabolism,I doubt my metabolism was that jacked. Anyways.

If anyone wants to know more about it, PM me if you'd like. CNS isnt really a gimic, as the book is a meager $20 bucks, and you can get all the info for free of the site forums. Keifer isnt selling anything other than the book.

Agreed-It does sound nonsensical, but it is working. Pizza w/ Bacon and Ice cream fo realz Seoulseeker

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I stalled at 102lbs until I tried tape worms!

EDIT: I don't need to prove it to any of you scientists out there skinning your lab cats.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's not that the other posters believe that CNS is just a fad, (well, some of them may do), they make these posts because in your original post you stated
    that since you started CNS you "no longer eat at a deficit" and lost 16lbs. That implies that CNS is a kind of magic who burns the fat even if you don't enough low enough for that. Later you say that you track what you eat and you are either at maintenance or above. wut? Losing 16 lbs in three weeks would make sense if you are really overweight. Your deficit must be really high, so reevaluate how much you are eating or how active you are or both.

Originally Posted by MrRR View Post
    glad it's working for you OP but correlation =/= causation. Lyle mcdonald has an article about this that attempt to explain why what you are experiencing happens. Has to do with cortisol levels and the body replacing lost fat with water in fat cells until a drop in cortisol begins releasing the water weight.. So essentially you are merely seeing the weight you had already been losing over the months in which you "stalled" come off. The dirty refeeds act as a catalyst to decrease cortisol levels.
    ^^ This. OP you would most probably get the same results if you kept any of the previous eating habits (low carb, IIFYM, etc) because that's what happens when you lose fat, it's not linear and periodically fat cells fill with water after emptying the fat, for a period of time. That's why you see no change in weight or appearance but if you stick to your deficit you will at some point drop the water.

Now it seems that you enjoy CNS, so keep at it. Stick to a regime that you find easy to maintain.

Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
    It's not that the other posters believe that CNS is just a fad, (well, some of them may do), they make these posts because in your original post you stated
    that since you started CNS you "no longer eat at a deficit" and lost 16lbs. That implies that CNS is a kind of magic who burns the fat even if you don't enough low enough for that. Later you say that you track what you eat and you are either at maintenance or above. wut? Losing 16 lbs in three weeks would make sense if you are really overweight. Your deficit must be really high, so reevaluate how much you are eating or how active you are or both.

^^ This. OP you would most probably get the same results if you kept any of the previous eating habits (low carb, IIFYM, etc) because that's what happens when you lose fat, it's not linear and periodically fat cells fill with water after emptying the fat, for a period of time. That's why you see no change in weight or appearance but if you stick to your deficit you will at some point drop the water.

Now it seems that you enjoy CNS, so keep at it. Stick to a regime that you find easy to maintain.
    I agree, it very well could be the so called "wooshing" effect that I have read Lyle talk about, and have seen first hand in the past. Although I find it hard to believe this time it took close to 4 months. Either way-no biggie here. Im stoked on what I've seen so far, and am going to stick with it