Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoshCamp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by androstan View Post
    This point has been made and I have responded that BW multipliers are worthless.
    Fixed

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Since none of us have a statistical sampling of recreational and competitive powerlifters, OP's question doesn't lend itself well to a "correct" answer. My numbers are just my impressions from being around other lifters and my own experience with other lifters in/near my weight class (165-181-198). My impression has been that a 2x bodyweight bench is competitive, but not exceptional. I regularly see recreational lifters putting up 1.5x. Obviously multipliers like this are completely worthless in the SHW class, that class is a special exception because none of those guys are worried about "staying in" a weight class, they are just trying to get as strong as humanly possible. If one guy is 305 and puts up a 550 bench he beats the guy who is 270 and puts up 540. I don't really know what is "competitive" at SHW. Also depends on what we think of as "competitive." Are we talking some local gym competition? A statewise championship? National, world...? It all depends.

BW multipliers are still not a great measure even recognizing an exception for SHW, especially in the very lightweight categories. Lighter lifters in general tend to have more powerlifting-functional bodyweight per pound. Again, OP's question does not lend itself well to one clear correct answer because (afaik) nobody has actually gathered the data and crunched the statistics, so people are giving feedback based on their experience and intuition.

OP: Unless you're doing a purely bench competition, don't worry about this question. If you're doing a pure bench competition, then my guess is there will be a lot of strong benchers there, and you should strive for a 2x bodyweight bench to be competitive in the 198 weight class. If you're thinking of doing a full meet, just get as strong as you can. In this context, it's your TOTAL that matters. So even if you have a 300 bench at 200 BW, your deadlift and squat could easily make up for that. In fact, overemphasizing bench could cost you. Squat and deadlift inherently allow for more weight, and bigger poundage gains. Plus the two movements reinforce each other. So concentrating more of your time and effort on them would put you in a better and more competitive spot at a future PL meet. You're a lot better off taking your squat from 450 to 550 and your DL from 500 to 600 (just as examples), while letting your bench maybe go from 300 to 350, than spending a lot of time and effort grinding your bench up to 400 but not spending enough time to get your squat and DL up.
    tl;dr
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This point has been made and I have responded that BW multipliers are worthless for SHW.

I agree that BW multipliers are less useful than what Arian suggested, which is hands-down the best thing for OP to do.
    They aren't useful at all. And, since you seem to need the education: 275 isn't SHW. I know it must seem like it to a twink like yourself, but it's an actual weight class.

The next person who uses BW multipliers or coefficient as the basis for any sort of point will find my hands firmly inserted into your mouth, one on each palate. I will then proceed to pull until I fold your skull back down over your neck and shoulders like a used condom.

And while we're at it: the only thing more idiotic and rage-inducing than lift stats in your sig are ESTIMATED lift stats in your sig.

scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by takeittakeit View Post
    And while we're at it: the only thing more idiotic and rage-inducing than lift stats in your sig are ESTIMATED lift stats in your sig.
    this thread is slowly becoming a hate on androstan thread.

sub'd
    gym lifts/competition lifts

squat ???/650
    bench 545/435
    deadlift 600/601

Penn State Powerlifting

androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by takeittakeit View Post
    They aren't useful at all. And, since you seem to need the education: 275 isn't SHW. I know it must seem like it to a twink like yourself, but it's an actual weight class.
    IPF SHW starts at 120.01 kgs.

powerlifting-ipf com/ 50.html

But some federations define SHW higher, so okay.
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152769373

Gym lifts:

squat: 405x3
    TNG bench: 340x1
    Paused bench: 330x1
    deadlift: 500x1

Goals:

6x BW rawrawraw PL total by June 22nd at the IPA Strength Spectacular Powerlifting Championships.

7x BW rawrawraw PL total by the end of 2013 at the 12th Annual USAPL American Open Powerlifting Championships.

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)

That's because the IPF is full of twinks.

I can't take seriously any federation that wants me to give them detailed information on my movements several months in advance, will look the other way as long as a gear manufacturer coughs up the application fee (super centurion harness, anyone?), has a pipe dream that they'll one day make it into the Olympics, redlights lifts because squats weren't far enough below parallel, and only now realized that bench shirts don't work if you have to touch your fuarking nipples in competition.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    as of like 8 months ago.

vs the 45 years that powerlifting's been a sport....

forgive us for not immediately bowing to the IPF's whims.

but still its not like a 242 or 231 or w/e the **** the IPF changed its weight classes to is average at 2x bw either...it was a stupid idea to put a 2x bw bench forward as average or use bodyweight multipliers and leave it at ****ing that.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50) androstan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    as of like 8 months ago.

vs the 45 years that powerlifting's been a sport....

forgive us for not immediately bowing to the IPF's whims.

but still its not like a 242 or 231 or w/e the **** the IPF changed its weight classes to is average at 2x bw either...it was a stupid idea to put a 2x bw bench forward as average or use bodyweight multipliers and leave it at ****ing that.
    Yeah, 2x BW was an overestimate, apparently I know a lot of strong benchers. And BW multipliers are a worthless metric. I was wrong. OP should do what Arian suggested and review actual meet results for the federation he's interested in, at the level he is likely to compete.
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152769373

Gym lifts:

squat: 405x3
    TNG bench: 340x1
    Paused bench: 330x1
    deadlift: 500x1

Goals:

6x BW rawrawraw PL total by June 22nd at the IPA Strength Spectacular Powerlifting Championships.

7x BW rawrawraw PL total by the end of 2013 at the 12th Annual USAPL American Open Powerlifting Championships.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

IPF/USAPL doesn't even label it as SHW. You mark 275+ on your entry form. Whereas with SPF and other feds they actually have a 308 class and a SHW class. So you are really drawing at straws, especially since your bodyweight multiplier rule is horrifically off for SHW, 308, 275, 264, 242, 231, 220, 205, and maybe even 198.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HaffDaddy View Post
    Yea I compete in only bench comps I have a history of bad backs In my family so I don't deadlift of squat thanks for ur imput
    I have a history of AIDS in my family. Never stopped me from fcuking, though.
    You like art? www.artstarter.nl

You make art? www.artstarter.nl

You suck off hobos? www.artstarter.nl

ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fatbencher View Post
    Nearly made me spit my drink out lol
    227.5kg(502lb) Bench - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSng_nGiKw4

2015 Goals - 750kg/1650lb Total...done......new goal 800kg/1763lb

Lifting Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/dillguth/

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fatbencher View Post
    Outstanding!