jstreck6748 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstreck6748 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstreck6748 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which is a superior workout

I've questioned this for a long time and can't find a specific answer to this question. Just to make the math simple I'm going to say that the weight lifted is 100lbs per set. Is it more superior to workout 1 body part a week doing 3 exercises for 4 sets each, 1200lbs total for one week or to do 3 exercises 4 sets each on different days, still equaling 1200lbs for the week. Let me know your guys opinions.

fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Amazing question you got there.

The one with the weights that you gotta lift is a better workout..... I promise.
    In addition to being an amazing body builder (LOL), I'm also a rapper.
    Check out my group's youtube page:

www.youtube.com/wenthemooneclypse

And my solo youtube page

www.youtube.com/frankielyrical

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jstreck6748 View Post
    I've questioned this for a long time and can't find a specific answer to this question. Just to make the math simple I'm going to say that the weight lifted is 100lbs per set. Is it more superior to workout 1 body part a week doing 3 exercises for 4 sets each, 1200lbs total for one week or to do 3 exercises 4 sets each on different days, still equaling 1200lbs for the week. Let me know your guys opinions.
    You haven't been able to find a specific answer because there isn't one.

You've posted only a few factors where dozens of factors apply. If effective training could be reduced to only a couple of arithmetic problems, we'd all look like Phil Heath and/or be as strong as Andy Bolton.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You haven't been able to find a specific answer because there isn't one.

You've posted only a few factors where dozens of factors apply. If effective training could be reduced to only a couple of arithmetic problems, we'd all look like Phil Heath and/or be as strong as Andy Bolton.
    Exactly. Another thing to consider...I used to be super intense and I made great gains but I would always injure something and have setbacks. During this time, I watched less intense people train consistently and make better gains because they didn't deal with setbacks. There are way too many things to consider especially given that a "superior workout" is totally subjective. Does that mean the most strength gains or the most mass gains?