Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question FLEX6 FITNESS FORMULA - from Immune Tree Colostrum IGF-1

This product looks very interesting.

I have been reading up on human consumption of bovine colostrum. Bovine Colostrum is a form of milk produced by the mammary glands of mammals (including humans) in late pregnancy. Most species will generate colostrum just prior to giving birth. Colostrum contains antibodies to protect the newborn against disease, as well as being lower in fat and higher in protein than ordinary milk. The most pertinent bioactive components in colostrum are growth factors like IGF-1 and antimicrobial factors.

Although IGF-1 is not absorbed intact by the body, it does stimulate the production of IGF-1 when taken as a supplement.

Studies indicating that bovine colostrum supplementation can increase levels of IGF-1 in the body date back to 1998. (Australian Conference of Science and Medicine in Sport, Adelaide, South Australia)

Over 5,000 studies have described the many benefits of colostrum

In research, colostrum has demonstrated the ability to kill viral and bacteria invaders, stimulate tissue repair, stimulate fat utilization for fuel, and optimize cellular reproduction to slow aging. Colostrum increases performance and speeds recovery following injury and stress. It increases mental alertness and fat burning, and normalizes blood sugar levels. Here are some interesting research highlights

Growth factors from colostrum:

IGF-1 is a truncated form of IGF that is 10 times more potent than IGF-2 in stimulating hypertrophy and cell regeneration. It is present in bovine colostrum. (International Journal of Cellular Biology, 1996)

Fibroblast growth factor, IGF-1 and epithelial growth factor are all important mitogens for healing the skin. They are all found in bovine colostrum. (Journal of Surgery Research, 1995)

In a study of 749 patients, IFG-1 blood levels were not associated with prostate specific antigen (PSA) or prostate cancer. (Medical College of Wisconsin)

Low-dose, prolonged growth hormone therapy significantly extended the life span of mice compared to controls. (Mechanics of Aging and Development, (1991)

IGF-1 was purified from bovine colostrum and found to be identical to human serum IGF-1. (Growth Regulation, 1991)

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/026618_Co...#ixzz2DYwgFUZE

Study Example

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9338422

Product/Supplement of interest

http://www.immunetree.com/product.php?product_id=1

Getting ripped with IGF-1 and Dr. Kleinsmith

I would be very interested to hear any thoughts on this specific product as well as experiences or thoughts on Colostrum in general. What Colostrum supplements have people used/tried, what their experiences were and what brands they recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Guitarsofar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I might soon. My friend and I might try colostrum 6 and/or Flex 6 from immune tree soon. If I do I will report the results here.
    But I was wondering if you had tried either of them yet; and if so what did you think? Thanks!
    Once I saw how I could work to change my body, I was hooked on bodybuilding, and the sky became my limit.