Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'4", 327 lbs
    OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit OsnolaKinnard's BodySpace

New to body building.com

I've spent about a week lurking and browsing the site, and have to admit, I'm a bit hesitant to participate...but if you can't be truthful about yourself, then you're never going to get to where you want to be.

A short history...I was always a big kid. From about the 3rd grade on, I was that kid that was head and shoulders bigger than everyone else in the class...you know, that giant kid that stood out in the class pictures. I've always been a fat kid...but was always a very good athlete. Despite being fat, I was fast, I could jump, and was always stronger than anyone else I knew, and ended up playing basketball and baseball in HS (we did not have a football team...small school). I threw shot and discus, and had designs on playing basketball in college when I destroyed my ankle my senior year and the two schools that were recruiting me lost all interest...c'est las vis. When I was a senior, I was 6'4" and 235 pounds...and was what I'd call 'skinny fat'. I lifted, but didn't know what the heck I was doing..there was no google in 1986-1990.

I played rugby in college and ran a good bit...despite the intensity of training and playing, I was still big...I was a very lean 250 pounds...then, that ankle I destroyed...I re-destroyed it, and my days of running came to an end. This was about age 23. I landed a good job, and ended up spending a lot of time on the road, and the weight piled on...260, 270, 290, 300, 310, 330...a year ago, I hit an all time high of 354 pounds...and got so freaking mad at myself that I picked up the scale and threw it through a window in my house. To say I was utterly disgusted with myself and the fact that I've been deceiving myself about my weight would be an understatement. Things had to change.

I did some cursory research and started working out again...hi rep/low weights combined with HIIT and I got down to 315 pounds. I got seriously bored with it, and also stopped losing any weight. I jumped onto an old 5X5 football type workout and have been doing that for the past 3 months...in that time, I've gotten significantly stronger...but I've also gained some weight...which might not be all that bad..but still, 330 pounds is way too much.

So...here's where I am. 6'4" 330 pounds, lift weights 4 times a week, cycle about 60 miles a week...and eat terribly.
    My blood pressure is actually quite good, my resting HR is about 52 BPM, and my cholesterol numbers are all normal. That being said, I turned 40 in March, and I know that I don't want to be in a hoverround when I'm older. I am on a mission.

I've been looking around here and checked out the 'Bizzy Workout'...21 days and a dietary regimen to go with it. I am looking to kind of shock myself into this, then work into something that I can do long term.

I am open to any advice, criticism, suggestions...I am mainly here to have a group of folks to hold me accountable...which may sound silly on an anonymous message board...but the psychology of this works for me, so here we are. My ultimate goal is 265 pounds. My initial goal is to be 299.99 pounds.

Thanks in advance for any information you may provide.

Respectfully,
    Osnola Kinnard

Stats: 5'8", 205 lbs
    62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 62Wolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit 62Wolf's BodySpace
    Welcome. You sound just like a friend of mine, although your resting heart rate is very good considering. The very first advice I gave him was to take a trash can into his kitchin and throw out everything from his fridge and cupboards that was not benificial to him. (Took him 2 trash cans). Then to remember this when he went grocery shopping: IF YOU DON'T BUY IT, YOU CAN'T EAT IT. "What are you doing with that frozen pie in your hands?" "Uhm, I'm probably not going to eat it." "Well, you certainly aren't going to keep it for a pet. Put it back." That's the very first step. What type of equipment do you have, type of gym nearby, etc?

Stats: 6'4", 327 lbs
    OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OsnolaKinnard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit OsnolaKinnard's BodySpace
    Our gym is 'ok'. I live in a small town on the Texas Gulf Coast. We have a Snap24 which is VERY confined, and crowded...but my gym is made up mostly of older people, a few younger folks, and a few folks my age. There is no squat rack or power rack, which I cannot understand...but they do have a Smith Machine. Dumbbells go from tiny and top out at 110 pounds. It's only about a mile or two from the house, and my wife and I often ride our bikes to the gym. They have a jungle gym, benches, machines, etc. Pretty typical. My only gripe is that I wish they'd take their DB's up to 150 pounds...but I just use the flat bench for that.

The eating 'quality food' isn't an issue when I'm not travelling...it's the QUANTITY...I'm originally from New Orleans, and pretty much everything I grew up eating was rolled in salt, fried in lard and served with rice....and a LOT of it.

I've got a few good things going for me. I fish...A LOT. I have a steady supply of wild caught redfish, speckled trout, flounder, spanish mackerel, king mackerel, pomano, and other fresh fish. I know that pork is probably not the best thing to eat when cutting fat, but I we are literally, over run with feral hogs, and at least once a month, I either shoot 5 or 6 of them, or have someone offer me some wild hog meat. It's a lot leaner than anything I've ever seen in the grocery store, but not sure how that fits in. Also, deer are plentiful...I'll have a freezer full of venison in the next few weeks.

Anyway...my downfall, is travelling. I cover pretty much the whole state of Texas, and my weakness is freaking Whataburger...and BBQ joints.

Regardless...I'm on a mission, and before I shove something down my gullet, I'm going to figure out how much I negated my work in the gym.

The only thing I'm concerned about is running. I can do it, but man I pay the price for it, and it's not muscle pain...I've got a wonderful 4" scar from the ankle surgery, and in a life or death situation, I'd do it, but to go do some HIIT on a treadmill would end up keeping me out of the gym for a week.

OKinnard

Stats: 5'11", 179 lbs
    tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tryintorebuild has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit tryintorebuild's BodySpace
    Sounds like you know what you need. You just need motivation to do it.

Pictures and a tape measure. That's all that is required. Oh and a logbook. Take some pictures, measure your waist, begin your diet and everytime you get the craving for Whattaburger open up the logbook and check out the measurements.

Give it three weeks before you expect any measurable difference. It seems like if you change your diet you should see your waist shrinking overnight. But the body is a tough cookie. The measurements won't budge for at least 3 weeks. Then they'll move a little. But every week a little more will fall off. Eight weeks from now you won't need to be encouraged to pass up the junk food. You won't want your old body back.

One other thing. Don't starve yourself. That just leads to binge eating. Eat lots of small meals. Keep carrots and celery on hand when you are driving. Your mouth may crave Whattaburger, but your stomach won't care what fills it. Once you've satisfied the hunger with low calorie food it will be easier to ignore the high calorie stuff.

Stats: 6'1", 203 lbs
    MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MoldyGopher has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit MoldyGopher's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by OsnolaKinnard View Post
    The only thing I'm concerned about is running. I can do it, but man I pay the price for it, and it's not muscle pain...I've got a wonderful 4" scar from the ankle surgery, and in a life or death situation, I'd do it, but to go do some HIIT on a treadmill would end up keeping me out of the gym for a week.
    If you don't want to run, you don't have to. (If you want to replace that cardio, I like rowing machines.)

What you eat determines what you'll lose. Fix your diet and the pounds will melt off.
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.