Jfitz427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question on shoulder workout problems

So I have been doing an upper lower split for a while and I usually do chest first then shoulders and I havent progressed on my lifts at all. I did a 3 day split this summer and my shoulder lifts were way higher and I understand its because they are already fatigued from my chest workout. Since last week was thanks giving I just did a 3 day split because I could only make it to the gym monday-wednesday so I did shoulders with legs and my lifts were much higher than they are during my usual routine. So basically are they not going to grow because I am lifting lighter weights than they can handle or are they still recruting and breaking down more muscle fibers with the lighter weights since that is all they can handle?. Should I maybe do shoulders first on one of the two upper days? Tell me what you guys think but they are the only muscle group that I cant add weight to. Thanks

anyonee

bumpp anyone

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really can't tell you if they are recruiting, breaking down, etc as that could come from intensity with factors of fatigue at play. In theory you may be able to build muscle (ie., maybe doing moderate weight high reps - total volume) in a best case scenario or just going through the motions and getting tired in a worst case scenario. Diet is key here as well.

Unless you can't find the time or your recovery is bad, you don't have to confine yourself to a 3 day split. Also, you can shift around your exercises meaning 1 session do shoulders first, then chest...vice versa the next.

Personally, I rarely ever train intense shoulders and chest together for the reasons you stated. By the time you do one, you are already pretty fatigued and may not be able to really give it your all. The only time I've stuck with something like that was doing overhead press followed by decline BB and on another day incline DB work with side and rear delts. Even that stagnated after a while and I went back to bodypart splits where I can give total focus and intensity to a specific bodypart/muscle group on a day.

anyone else have any input