Registered User Fitcollegechick's Avatar
    Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want to increase my peak on my biceps. Ideas?

I have been doing high reps with lower weight and have noticed increased definition. I want to get that extra pop in my arms. Looking for best workouts that would help with this. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you cannot change the shape of the muscle.. however...

you have to first add mass to see what that shape is. So just go for overall growth. No particular exercise or rep range will affect peak.. that's all genetics
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

Registered User Fitcollegechick's Avatar
    Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitcollegechick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    you cannot change the shape of the muscle.. however...

you have to first add mass to see what that shape is. So just go for overall growth. No particular exercise or rep range will affect peak.. that's all genetics

Thanks. Best way to add mass for a girl my size?

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fitcollegechick View Post
    Thanks. Best way to add mass for a girl my size?
    Eat surplus, lift heavy = profit
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Working out heavy and eating a calorie surplus.
    Twitter:@teamcagedanimal
    ********: ********.com/jtorresbodybuilder
    Instagram: @John1262

jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I found that doing the overhead cable curls to my ear really hits my peaks, and as you come in try and rotate your pinky finger towards your ear to get a stronger contraction. another exercise i found effective was when doing dumbbell curls hold the weigh in your finger tips instead of your palm like in the pic.

Hope it works for ya. Good Luck
    Attached Images

jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhulkc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when you are doing curls, BB or DB, as you curl up keep your wrist locked. your wrist should be facing your chin as they come up to finish the curl and your hands should be as far rolled back as you can, it will hurt and you will definitely feel it.. it puts more stress on just the bicep head and emphasises the stretch a little better on the way down..

Originally Posted by Fitcollegechick View Post
    I have been doing high reps with lower weight and have noticed increased definition. I want to get that extra pop in my arms. Looking for best workouts that would help with this. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jbrowniey00 View Post
    I found that doing the overhead cable curls to my ear really hits my peaks, and as you come in try and rotate your pinky finger towards your ear to get a stronger contraction. another exercise i found effective was when doing dumbbell curls hold the weigh in your finger tips instead of your palm like in the pic.

Hope it works for ya. Good Luck
    Originally Posted by jhulkc View Post
    when you are doing curls, BB or DB, as you curl up keep your wrist locked. your wrist should be facing your chin as they come up to finish the curl and your hands should be as far rolled back as you can, it will hurt and you will definitely feel it.. it puts more stress on just the bicep head and emphasises the stretch a little better on the way down..
    Seriously guys, it just doesn't work that way. You can't build a "peak" on the bicep any more than you can work only "inner" chest by doing close grip...it's simple physics.

The peak on the bicep is determined genetically by where the inserion is into the elbow. Plain and simple. Hell, take a look at Arnold's bicep shots - one arm had a peak (the one he used in all of his single arm bicep shots) and one arm didn't (much longer bicep head). So, what would your guys' explanation be then, huh? He worked out one arm more than the other?

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^this!!!!!!!!!

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    Seriously guys, it just doesn't work that way. You can't build a "peak" on the bicep any more than you can work only "inner" chest by doing close grip...it's simple physics.

The peak on the bicep is determined genetically by where the inserion is into the elbow. Plain and simple. Hell, take a look at Arnold's bicep shots - one arm had a peak (the one he used in all of his single arm bicep shots) and one arm didn't (much longer bicep head). So, what would your guys' explanation be then, huh? He worked out one arm more than the other?

Sporto
    I was going to post an image of someone whacking their forehead with their hand, but this explanation was better

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tommy already made the comment that needed to be made in regard to peak. There is no such thing as improving your peak. You either have it or you dont. What I wanted to add was in response to the original poster seeing increased definition due to higher rep range. This is another fallacy.....increased "definition" comes from either losing fat to expose the muscle (most likely case) or increasing the overall muscle size so that it "pops" more.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ezravdb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with what Sporto says, but:

If you haven't, put Reverse Curls 1 time a week in your routine..

It certainly wouldn't hurt to give your arm more complete development. I

I've noticed my arms getting fuller with it.
    Footage of my FIRST COMPETITION: http://growing-muscle.com/recommended-sites/

https://www.********.com/pages/Growing-Muscle-Fitness/338481576177167

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingMuscleFitness

http://instagram.com/growingmusclefitness

http://growingmusclefitness.tumblr.com