Closed Thread
Page 94 of 274 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 8194
    determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    no reply quoting please and thanks

use the @
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @D4K

My fault, don't post in here often and I forgot.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @ Stef

I'm pretty sure 90% of us have "over done it" in the past with diet soda/low calorie beverages.. after all, we are in an Eating Disorder recovery thread.

By "1,5-3,5 liters a day" I assume you mean 1.5/3.5.. which is a TON of diet soda, how much $$$ does that cost you?
    I'd highly suggest you think of potential alternatives (milk, water, juice, etc)

stefm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @ MikeWines: You're right. I don't really want it, it just has become this routine. 1 or 2 glasses with my meals feal fine but after that I just keep on drinking.

@shesprints: Yeah often I'm afraid that I'll eat more than I had "planned out". Still too OCD with it. I'll try to listen to my appetite more, if I'm still hungry, I'll just eat a little more. Th ething with drinking these large quantities of soda is also that you kinda lose the natural feeling of appetite and satiation.

@ Eric: I try to drink water every now and then but I really don't enjoy it lol. And yeah, costs quite a bit, would be another positive thing to taper down the drinking.

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^ Seltzer water srs...it tastes a bit bitter at first, but I've grown to love it and it's like a buck for 3 liters
    Always learning, Always growing, Never satisfied

5 Rep Maxes(Last improvement 1/15/14):

Deads:365
    Bench:215
    Squat:275

"You are so much more than just a guy who likes to lift and eat, don't settle for being just those things."
    -The Big Sleep

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @TE

Peregrino FTW.
    B.S. Exercise Science

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some sophisticated brahs ^^^. Want a glass of champagne too? haha (joking) strong thread derailment, but there's nothing wrong with a little humor once and a while..

nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I haven't binged in over a month and I am feeling a lot better about myself. I still have those sudden urges at times, but I have been successfully able to ignore them or just have a piece of fruit. I am feeling a lot more confidence in myself, and all the hard work in the gym is starting to show. Socially, its been difficult however, as I have grown apart from most of my friends over the years. It doesn't help that Im introverted, and find it difficult making new friends. After about a month of non-stop binging, I didn't ever think I would see the light out of the end of the tunnel.

Also, I have a question for those who have battled against binge eating. When did you go back to tracking macros? I haven't been tracking for a while and have been just eating when hungry. However, I feel that I have been going under on my protein and fats.

Realistically, you should never feel like you HAVE to go "back to tracking macros". Do normal people micromanage/analyze what he/she puts in their mouth at each meal? I highly doubt so..

A strong and VITAL key to recovery from an Eating Disorder is taking away the rigidities and obligations that we place around food, weight, and body image. If you feel like you've been "going over" on protein and fats (both essential macronutrients) then just simply eat a bit less of them. (Totally depending on what you're recovering from and if you're even in a place to cut down on things).

RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000)
    i'm really concerned about what is going on with my body.

after i did heart ultrasound / Echocardiography ...
    the doctor told me that my heart is so weak (atrophied) and is "running" only on about 45% of its capacity
    my body has used heart muscle to feed itself after it has eaten all "visible" muscles

how to approach to this problem? how to strenghten my heart ? ... doc said to not go over 140BPM

he doesn't have an idea... he suggested me to go on light walks ....but also that i might consider transplantation
    ===

nobody put me into this situation but myself... so, should i shoot myself right now....

:'(
    everything is fine when you get up by nine
    -----------------------------------------
    today is Tuesday July 1st 2014.
    The weather forecast for Zagreb on Wednesday is sunny 80 degrees with a 100% chance of rock n rolling all night long.

@nlevy12

You're not alone, I'm just now starting to rebuild relationships with friends and family which this eating disorder destroyed. The more interest you show in caring about others, the more they'll see how much you've changed. At least that's what I'm beginning to notice.
    B.S. Exercise Science

nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @erik

Thanks man for the advice! Im gonna continue with my current plan, as I am feeling a lot more happier not stressing about marcros and just eating for satiety purposes.

@MikeWines

Did you ever reveal to your friends that you had an ED? I haven't told anyone and just kept it locked up inside, and probably will continue to do so as I am not particularly proud of it.

RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    @nlevy12

You're not alone, I'm just now starting to rebuild relationships with friends and family which this eating disorder destroyed. The more interest you show in caring about others, the more they'll see how much you've changed. At least that's what I'm beginning to notice.

that is an interesting paradox.

you should think / occupate yourself with stuff that "normal" people do... and don't (over)think of food.

but on the other side, if you really want to recover (physically) you should think what to eat and when...
    ...because ED has taken over your life. and only thing you can is starve/binge... which both are mind-disturbing 24/7
    everything is fine when you get up by nine
    -----------------------------------------
    today is Tuesday July 1st 2014.
    The weather forecast for Zagreb on Wednesday is sunny 80 degrees with a 100% chance of rock n rolling all night long.

Originally Posted by nlevy12 View Post
    @erik

Thanks man for the advice! Im gonna continue with my current plan, as I am feeling a lot more happier not stressing about marcros and just eating for satiety purposes.

@MikeWines

Did you ever reveal to your friends that you had an ED? I haven't told anyone and just kept it locked up inside, and probably will continue to do so as I am not particularly proud of it.
    Yes, my parents and only very close friends know. I have no shame in telling others even if it alters their view of me. I'm not proud of the decisions that I made and I do look back on them and regret all of the fun times that I missed out on but I know that I'm slowly making a turn around and life is continuing to get better day by day. Also, I hope that one day in the future I can use my story to help motivate others and get them on the right track towards a healthy lifestyle and enjoying the wonderful life that God has blessed them with. I want my story to inspire others and show them how to overcome their mental and physical struggles.
    B.S. Exercise Science

^^^ To echo off of what mike said.

It's really up to the person how open he/she chooses to be about their ED. For women (in my opinion) it may be a bit different, but for me.. I feel that it's definitely "eye opening" to have a guy openly say that he has an Eating Disorder because of how uncommon it is (and will most likely always be) in society. I remember when I gave my speech to my class (in public speaking 101) and I came clean about my ED to about 30-40 kids about my story and the dangers of eating disorders, It can be nerve racking... but IMO the more open you are about it, the easier it is to cope with it.

Also, ^^^ Mike is a perfect example of what it takes to "Feel the fear" and overcome some hurdles. I highly suggest everyone check out his log, if you're looking for some inspiration.

MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @MikeWines

Hey bud, if you don't mind me asking...what are some examples of the "fun times" you are referring to(the ones you missed)? I really enjoy working out and continuously striving towards my fitness goals but when friends ask me to go to the bar, clubbing, etc and I tell them I can't and the reason why, they say I'm obsessed. I'm hoping you are referring more to family barbeques, spending time with loved ones, etc because I feel like I still make time for that kinda stuff.
    My Cutting Progress
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152280273

@MookyStick

Building relationships with girls, family, and friends. Investing time in them and not caring about my self and my "gainzzz" so much. Life isn't about me or you, it's about loving those around us and showing them that we care about them through our actions and words. Health and fitness does require a different lifestyle but it must be about balancing that as well.
    B.S. Exercise Science

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    @Mooky
    So you workout so you can look good for the girls and friends...that you dont have/dont spend time with becauese you are too busy trying to look good for them...

So you would rather look good than enjoy others/life?
    Doesnt that sound shallow?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

I lift like a girl ShelbyAlmaria's Avatar
    ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000)
    @Mooky
    People here talk about and largely practice a balanced diet. Seldom seen is the balanced life.

@Nlevy
    Keeping it solely to yourself and who you converse with online is a slippery slope where you're likely to isolate yourself from the real world. It might be wise to confide in a few close friends or family, not only for support, but I'm sure they would appreciate having a closer more meaningful relationship with you as well as through telling few people no one has to feel they are alone in supporting you, no sole person is carrying pressure.

@ MikeWines
    Great blog and very inspirational! It is definitely one that I will follow in the future. What year are you at USC? I've got a couple of buddies who just graduated. I wish I could have attended as well but my parents wouldn't pay for it

@ShelbyAlmaria
    I've told my parents about it in the past, and they are supportive. However, they don't really understand the everyday struggles of combating an ED. I feel a lot better about myself, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. The dangerous cycle of restricting and binging is hopefully past me as I haven't binged in more than a month and counting!

MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @determined

I understand your point but I do what I do and have my goals because I learned a long time ago that if I'm overweight/out of shape/unhealthy I become very uncomfortable and unhappy in my own skin. It might be selfish but that's just how I am. My natural confidence plummets, self esteem goes down, etc etc. I believe very strongly that you have to be happy in order to make others happy. And if that means missing out on a couple trips to the club with some 'B-list' friends...so be it. Might be too harsh..I don't know..just putting my thoughts into words.
    My Cutting Progress

@nlevy12
    Thanks for the kind words my man. I'll be a senior this year and scholarships are definitely the only way that I'm here.

@MookyStick
    "I believe very strongly that you have to be happy to make others happy."
    I disagree good sir. I think that by serving others and seeking to make them happy, you will find much greater happiness than merely pursuing your own self desires.
    B.S. Exercise Science

@MikeWines

I don't know...maybe you're right. I've been wrong about a lot of things relating to this in the past so I'm probably wrong about that as well. To be honest, I'm not really sure where to go from here. I've messed up a lot of relationships and friendships because of this "lifestyle" and I want to change but I don't know how to find that balance that everyone speaks of...
    My Cutting Progress

@mooky
    so you are happy with all your messed up relationship?
    looks like this "lifestyle" isnt creating much benefit to your LIFE
    Founder of MMDELAD

@determined

no, I'm not happy about it whatsoever but I don't know what to do about it. I want to find a way to create this "balance" that everyone talks about so I can successfully maintain my relationships while still working towards my goals.
    My Cutting Progress

then start going out instead of staying in because of fear of what you may eat.
    food is nothing but an essential for our bodies to function
    read:
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...er.html?pg=all
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505146_1...u-live-longer/
    Founder of MMDELAD

Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Quick Update:

16 days since my show.

Just binged today and yesterday harder than usual.

Really getting outta control

Dunno what to do
    One more for the mass.

@zirkon
    stop restriciting
    for hormones are probably completely out of whack
    stop counting cals for now nad just provide your boy with what it is craving.
    Founder of MMDELAD

Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So i should just do away with the diet for now?
    Sounds likea good idea ive been considering this. Just eating day by day with what i want to hopefully get over it.
    One more for the mass.

its not an option
    its the only way
    Founder of MMDELAD

Closed Thread