Registered User CyantificFusion's Avatar
    CyantificFusion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much do you drink?

Hi all,

I'm just starting out losing fat and trying to build up muscle. I've made big changes to my diet, I've cut out the McDonald's/chicken nuggets and have replaced it with more healthy meals like chicken, potatoes and vegetables. I've also dramatically reduced the amount of junk snacks I consume like crisps, fizzy drinks etc.

Yet I'm stuck on the issue of alcohol. I enjoy going to the pub or to a friends house for a party or something and have dome drinks. I mainly drink beer or cider and if I'm in a club I'll drink vodka mixes. I'd like to know how bad this is for my diet and if you lot drink alcohol or have it cut out completely.

cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ALL THE TIME....dude read the stickies... you can fit alcoholic beverages into any diet...just account for the calories... no way i am giving up my wine or beer
    Is wine not an essential macro?

Huge avi *******

"The gears will spin and the wheels they’ll turn. As long as I give my fire fuel to burn."

joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmartin9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its very good that you change from McD...chicken nuggets to real chicken meat and also congrats on cutting back on junk food.
    Re the issue of alcohol. I understand that you want to have some drinks with your friends but if you are serious then cut it out completly. Its really bad for your diet because beer and cider both have an considerable amount of calories ( beer appr.250 cal.)

joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just remember "there is a sandwich in every can". If you are serious about losing weight cut out as much as possible.

To answer your question, I used to drink almost every day. I would put down a bottle of wine a night no problem. When I got serious about fitness I cut out most of the booze. I now drink occasionally, usually on vacation with family or friends.

The occasional drink or three won't seriously hurt your progress, just don't do it too often.
    *We Outchea* crew

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Another alcohol thread.

The drunks say it's okay, and the teetotalers say it's a trip to hell in a handbasket. At the end of the day, the drunks are gonna keep drinking, and the non-drinkers aren't.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

Carry on.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Right now I drink once every week or two. Hangovers are just so much worse than they used to be :[

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IIRC martin recommended either fitting them in your macros (at the end of the day with no food accompanying the booze) or having a sort of PSMF-day and then drinking

if you read up on the physiological effects of alcohol it's a bad idea to combine with any significant amount of fat or carbs, i keep to vodka and diets
    Johns Hopkins '16

pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All the time

ThePhillyNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was first starting out, and wanted to see serious results during my transformation, I cut it out completely for 3-4 months. You can certainly fit in alcohol to fit your diet plan/caloric intake, just don't over do it. Personally, I didn't want to leave any room for error while I was trying to lose fat and gain muscle. Still went out with my friends, had a good time, and just didn't drink. True friends will understand your commitment and determination and will support you in your decision not to drink. Trust me, being a college student it is hard to stay away from alcohol, if you don't plan on cutting it out completely for a while, fit it into your diet, and drink in moderation

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For all the effort I put in at the gym, all the time I spend calculating my macronutrients, and all of the shxt I need to memorize for school, I'm not going to regularly voluntarily take a step backwards for a couple hours of euphoria. That said, I will have one drink on special occasions.
    My path to contest prep:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160935491&page=1

gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im pretty shredded and i drink like a sailor once a week.... no cocktails just straight whiskey....

Originally Posted by CyantificFusion View Post
    Hi all,

I'm just starting out losing fat and trying to build up muscle. I've made big changes to my diet, I've cut out the McDonald's/chicken nuggets and have replaced it with more healthy meals like chicken, potatoes and vegetables. I've also dramatically reduced the amount of junk snacks I consume like crisps, fizzy drinks etc.

Yet I'm stuck on the issue of alcohol. I enjoy going to the pub or to a friends house for a party or something and have dome drinks. I mainly drink beer or cider and if I'm in a club I'll drink vodka mixes. I'd like to know how bad this is for my diet and if you lot drink alcohol or have it cut out completely.

navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) navymaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went to the Rams @ Cardinals game (Go cards even though we suck) and had two beers in the parking lot, and four of the biggest drafts I could get inside... I went to the gym more then 24 hours later (on chest day) and noticed a dramatic difference in strength.. everything felt super heavy, even stuff I usually work with for reps. With that said, don't drink adult beverages. It will stunt any progress you intend on making.

Hi all,

tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not much anymore

PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Few good beers on the weekends and the odd one through the week if I feel like it/have some calories to spare, same goes for whisky. Fit it in to your cals for the day and don't worry about it. If you're passing out and hungover a few times a week then yeah, that could be detrimental, but a few drinks here and there? Nope.
    FKK - Elastic waisted jeans are fashionable too.

If you feel bench presses most in your spotter's biceps, you're doing it wrong

"Don't take diet advice from hippies" - Martin Berkhan

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi all,

alcohol = liver cirrhosis.

xHaji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually drink pretty hard every friday/saturday night. I typically just drink 2 bottles of water before i go out and drink, so I don't get as dehydrated. I also drink more water when I get back.

ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000) ncballa1011 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What would Arnold say?!?

Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joshmartin9999 View Post
    Its very good that you change from McD...chicken nuggets to real chicken meat and also congrats on cutting back on junk food.
    Re the issue of alcohol. I understand that you want to have some drinks with your friends but if you are serious then cut it out completly. Its really bad for your diet because beer and cider both have an considerable amount of calories ( beer appr.250 cal.)
    Ever heard of light beer? I hear there are a few out there around 100 calories a bottle, some are even under! Does this no McDonalds, no alcohol, no junk food diet, also not include ice cream? Dam...that's no fun at all.

Make it fit your calories OP. It's all about moderation.
    If you rep me please post it in the thread. I have limited computer access.

Age/=wisedom.

Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I fit one or two light beers into my diet every day. It's not even enough to get buzzed. I just enjoy it at night when I'm sitting around watching tv. On the weekends i drink more. Usually 6 to 8 beers, but that's over 6-7 hours. Not enough to even wake up with a headache the next day. I rarely ever get drunk.

Sure, my results might be "better" if i cut it out completely, but the fact of the matter is, i still get results.

The way i see it is, you have to let loose and live a little. Sitting around the house micro managing you're diet to every last detail, avoiding alcohol, and social situations isn't going to make you a very happy person. So if you like to drink, do it. Just be smart about it. If you see it negatively effecting you're results or performance, ie: unwanted fat gain, horrible workouts, hang overs, etc... Then it might be time to cut back. Just use common sense.

PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rolandszi View Post
    alcohol = liver cirrhosis.
    that's like saying: water = drowning
    FKK - Elastic waisted jeans are fashionable too.

If you feel bench presses most in your spotter's biceps, you're doing it wrong

"Don't take diet advice from hippies" - Martin Berkhan

Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer43783 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PR1MO View Post
    that's like saying: water = drowning
    PR1MO you cheeky *******!

You're on spread

Age/=wisedom.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As much as it takes to make her look pretty.
    Delirious Mutant.

Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by joshmartin9999 View Post
    False, you don't need to cut drinking out of your diet. Account for the calories or do it once a week carefree and you'll be fine. Your life doesn't need to be obsessed around fitness to the point of cutting out everything you enjoy.

Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    False, you don't need to cut drinking out of your diet. Account for the calories or do it once a week carefree and you'll be fine. Your life doesn't need to be obsessed around fitness to the point of cutting out everything you enjoy.
    Including time with your friends.

Age/=wisedom.

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    As much as it takes to make her look pretty.
    Got dam it. Everyone is on spread!!!

Age/=wisedom.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ncballa1011 View Post
    What would Arnold say?!?
    That he didn't screw the maid!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This pretty much sums it up in relation to body composition.

Cliffs

Fit it into your macros if you want.

OP it is clear that you have this conception that there are foods you can eat, and there are foods you can't eat. Your body cannot read the labels on your food choices!

If you can adhere to your goals much better with your new food choices, then great! But don't just start consuming these so-called "clean" foods thinking they will lose you weight; calorie deficit loses you weight. 2800 cals of the mcdonalds chicken nuggets you have cut out, will lose you more weight than 3000 cals of your new food choices.

I'm not saying eat mcdonalds instead of those foods; I'm just trying to prove my point to you.

It is the same thing with alcohol; foods are treated by their macro and cal content.

Just ensure that the majority of your diet is made up of whole, unprocessed foods for micronutrient sufficiency.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000) wonderboyWR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just take shots or mix with diet sodas. I still drink beer some though. Love my bud light and blue moon too much.
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Athlete

Top Contest Prep Coaching - Prestige Physiques

Twitter - @TyWoosley23

Instagram - tywoosley23