Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanimal912 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How to eat healthy in the barracks?

Like the title suggests, I was wondering if someone could guide me into right direction for healthier eating. The barracks I reside in are only equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator/freezer. Thanks in advance and I apologize if the question has been asked already, the search function isn't working on my phone.

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would start with the stickies, they will provide you with the basic knowledge you need.

Beyond that I would say it is a matter of doing what works for you. Choose foods taht fit within your means to prepare and as long as your sticking to what you've learned in the stickies you'll be fine.

WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WunSen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    id say this ^^.. but also if your looking for protein sources then GY, pre cooked meats, whey, pb. Also maybe try microwave burgers. they may be percieved as "unhealthy", but pull the macro profile of say a microwave chicken burger (preferably not breaded) and youll be very suprised

zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaosha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Savanimal912 View Post
    Like the title suggests, I was wondering if someone could guide me into right direction for healthier eating. The barracks I reside in are only equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator/freezer. Thanks in advance and I apologize if the question has been asked already, the search function isn't working on my phone.
    Well, are you able to eat most of your meals in the DFAC or are you limited to what you can make in your room? Stateside DFAC's usually have pretty decent options for most meals.

If you are stuck with buying your own food with BAS, then protein powder, tuna, almonds, nut butters, greek yogurt, olive oil, fruit, milk, and pre-packaged salads, oatmeal, and cereal are all options which can provide for your needs without the requiring much in the way of preparation. Also, lots of Commissaries, PX's and even gas stations on bases stock packaged hardboiled eggs now.

I am deployed right now and I usually eat in the DFAC at least twice/day. Rest comes from protein powder, fruit, shelf-stable milk, cereal, and almond butter as we have no cooking options over here. You can figure out something that will work. Good Luck.

ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironjunkiie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah bro i lived in the barracks for 3 years with no cooking options till i made rank and moved off base finally...eating can get redundant without cooking options, but ull be surprised at how much you can cook in a microwave or hide a toaster oven/ hot plate in your wall locker and just dont burn the place down lol
    Amatuer Strongman
    1st place Eglin Air Force Base Strongest Man 2010
    1st place novice hvwy Florida Emerald Coast Strongest Man 2011
    Bench 455 RAW/485 reactive slingshot
    Squat 550 Belt
    Dead 615 straps/belt

Dont worry Bro..its bulking season.

pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10) pawelufo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mmmm