Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz

Male miscers: Life gets better as you get older (srs)

Do not be afraid. As you get older and more settled, you will begin to appreciate life more. Yes, the world is oftentimes unjust and unfair, but most of us will come to a sort of peace with it - note that peace does not mean that we will not seek reform, but rather that we will not be constantly filled with angst.

You will develop hobbies, hopefully strengthen your friendships and family relationships, and explore new interests. You may even choose to marry and start a family. Whatever you do, try to excel at it. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity in whatever you decide to pursue.

As long as you strive for excellence and are constantly learning, life is a joy. Do not be afraid of growing old.

P.S. None of this holds true for 90+% of females
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wat yew smoking brah?

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by dng992 View Post
    wat yew smoking brah?
    I have been smoking the Forge3 herb.

- CS Lewis

mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mortus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks for the wisdom op. srs, i am 1 year into the adult world and it is bleak looking right now.

mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000)
    25 checking in life doesn't get better btw

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ iForce Dave's Avatar
    iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how has 26-28 been? srs

26 was a big deal... not sure how 27 and 28 will be

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are one of the most annoying posters in the misc. STFU.

aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey man... I've started working and compared to college life, it just sucks. I mean you have barely any free time, little time to do what you want. What words of advice can you give me? I know I should "man up" etc. because it's a part of life, but I never realise it'd be this bleak..

Thanks

Originally Posted by aster100 View Post
    Hey man... I've started working and compared to college life, it just sucks. I mean you have barely any free time, little time to do what you want. What words of advice can you give me? I know I should "man up" etc. because it's a part of life, but I never realise it'd be this bleak..

Thanks
    How many hours a day would you say you work? If you have flexible hours I would suggest going to work early and returning early. If not I would suggest getting up early anyway, and finding a pre-work hobby, preferably involving the outdoors (hiking, etc).

- CS Lewis

HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpMyBody13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks was ready to give it up today, well maybe i should nothing to live for srs

Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000) Entp is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree. I also think a big part of being happy is learning to accept the way things change.

xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I seriously doubt this. Teenage/adult life sucked so far but maybe things will get better at some point?
    ++Positive Crew++

Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Any advice to give about balancing hobbies, studies and social life?

aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aster100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ZenBowman View Post
    How many hours a day would you say you work? If you have flexible hours I would suggest going to work early and returning early. If not I would suggest getting up early anyway, and finding a pre-work hobby, preferably involving the outdoors (hiking, etc).
    I'm a trainee F1 doctor (I live in England) with no flexibility in hours, on call every week and work up to 13-14 hours a day (and it's worse if I'm doing graveyard shifts). Really becoming jaded with my job and life, I know people think it's a noble profession but my life comes first and it just feels like a chore.

Usually my hours are 8-6, but in reality, including travelling and realistic times, it's 7am-9pm.

Thanks for any advice man I really appreciate it. I'll try and measley rep tomorrow

Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dillan07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree OP life has its stages and with each one there are challenges and opportunities, Ive embraced the fact that life is a constant adaptation and happiness will only come from within.

Also LOL @ *******s who have hatred and anger towards everything, learn to enjoy the simple sht in life,

BRB chasing elusive dreams forever and never being happy.

Originally Posted by Tamandua View Post
    Any advice to give about balancing hobbies, studies and social life?
    Each person has to find his own level of balance, the only advice I have is to wake up early and align yourself with the natural clock. You will find you have more time.

- CS Lewis

EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The bad(for me at least):
    Hair thinning
    Have to actually work out to stay thin, and work even harder to get bulk.
    Responsibility

The good:
    People take you seriously
    Have more money
    Bitches are less fickle and annoying(note i said less)
    Start to realize most crap in life doesnt matter

overall my lifestyle hasnt changed since I was 22. I just own a house and get laid easier now.

Originally Posted by aster100 View Post
    I'm a trainee doctor with no flexibility in hours, sometimes and call and work up to 14 hours a day (and it's worse if I'm doing graveyard shifts). Really becoming jaded with my job and life, I know people think it's a noble profession but my life comes first and it just feels like a chore.

Usually my hours are 8-6, but in reality, including travelling and realistic times, it's 7am-9pm.

Thanks for any advice man I really appreciate it. I'll try and measley rep tomorrow
    Yeah, in that case it is quite hard, I have other friends who are doctors and they find it very hard to balance their lives. Sorry, I cannot help you here, except maybe if you find a way to get real excited about the work you do.

At least you are practicing in the UK where you serve people based on need and not based on profit, I imagine that would at least provide you some motivation.

- CS Lewis

BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i hope you're right OP. I'm at rock bottom so i guess up is the only way to go from here

HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I LOL at people who talk about highschool like it was the best time of their life.

WTF mang, you are seriously doing it wrong.
    “The Misc. is a stone-faced Uncle Sam with Popeye’s forearms and a cocked pistol in each hand. It’s a screeching bald eagle with a foreign Bad Thing in its talons. It’s everything that defines America’s bro culture, magnified and weaponized. But it’s deeper than that.“

Yeah, in that case it is quite hard, I have other friends who are doctors and they find it very hard to balance their lives. Sorry, I cannot help you here, except maybe if you find a way to get real excited about the work you do.
    Fair enough.

Out of curiosity brah what's your job, and how many hours is it / how many hours of free time do you get in the day?

I'm completing F1 and F2 (next year), because it makes sure I get registered and so I can come back to the profession if I decide to take time out.... but I've got the opportunity to do a bit of work at an investment management firm in the finance industry and the hours are good (my uncle works in finance so he said he can secure internship positions); do you suggest I switch, purely for the work-life balance? From your wisdom, how important would you say free time is during working life?

I'm a software engineer, average 9 hours/day + 1 hour commute. I arise at 5:30am so I can get home by around 4:30pm.

- CS Lewis

Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Each person has to find his own level of balance, the only advice I have is to wake up early and align yourself with the natural clock. You will find you have more time.
    Doing it right I guess, I wake up at 5:30am everyday... Btw brah, I'm studying at a professionalizing school for industry(not sure if this is how it's called in english), technical degree on electro-electronics, planning on entering uni next year to major on mechanical engineering, I'm 20 next month, looking good?

guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000) guideX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HelpMyBody13 View Post
    thanks was ready to give it up today, well maybe i should nothing to live for srs
    rep me before you go *******.
    celltech junkie.

Originally Posted by Tamandua View Post
    Doing it right I guess, I wake up at 5:30am everyday... Btw brah, I'm studying at a professionalizing school for industry(not sure if this is how it's called in english), technical degree on electro-electronics, planning on entering uni next year to major on mechanical engineering, I'm 20 next month, looking good?
    You are from Brazil, right? I hear things are booming there. Good luck, you must have fap material all around you, how can things not look good?

- CS Lewis

Originally Posted by CoffeCanSlayer View Post
    You are one of the most annoying posters in the misc. STFU.
    Sire, why do you dislike me? (srs)

- CS Lewis

The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Assassin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm a software engineer, average 9 hours/day + 1 hour commute. I arise at 5:30am so I can get home by around 4:30pm.
    Sounds like a pretty **** life bro.

Crassiest Modulator Alive memcop's Avatar
    memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HelpMyBody13 View Post
    There is plenty to live for, setting and reaching a goal, family, I could make a list a mile long.

You need to find the wind in your sail, what motivates you and tackle that aspect of life one prioritized goal at a time.

Whats got you down?, PM me if you need to
    Homerotic Modulator, Envious of Idiocy

Originally Posted by The_Assassin View Post
    Sounds like a pretty **** life bro.
    The problem is that you don't appreciate the simple things in life. For example, every day is a joy - during work days I still make sure to prepare fantastic meals for myself using simple appliances - that is one of the "challenges" I set for myself that gives me pleasure. I also work with an amazing group of people, so work itself is quite satisfying.

Once I am home, I chill with the wife for a bit and then we either go to the gym together or I head to the nearby natural park for some archery practice. Being in the great outdoors is an extreme source of happiness.

Dinner with a glass of red wine and a little TV ends the day - I watch a lot of fantasy series (example: Robin Hood, Merlin, Camelot, Game of Thrones, etc). It is very important not to constantly watch stuff that emphasizes the negative side of humanity (it is fine in small doses). We as a society have lost touch with the heroic spirit, if you notice ancient stories were all about overcoming obstacles, about humans satisfying their true potential - the reason was that those stories were meant to inspire and send you to bed happy and ready to meet the challenges of the next day.

If on the other hand you bombard yourself with the fearmongerers and negative nancies on your local cable channel, you will obviously be depressed and lead a pathetic life.

“If you want to be happy, be.” - Tolstoy

- CS Lewis

ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ksharp0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Then why is it getting worse? The older I get the less free time I have. More stress, more responsibilities, more work.