Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Journey to Miami Pro Universe and beyond

So I've decided to take the plunge and enter my first fitness show.... After looking at many fitness and bodybuilding federations, I've decided that the Miami Pro Universe in the UK will be my rookie comp. The competition is in November time, which I feel gives me enough time to prepare for the show; ill be entering the muscle model class, which is aimed at guys a bit bigger than a fitness model. Ill log my training, some diet and other information in the lead up to the show. Below are some pictures of my current condition, about 3 and a bit months out from the show.

I also harbour ambitions of competing in natural bodybuilding alongside fitness shows and I'm sure 2014 will be a very busy year preparing for various shows. I am fanatical about the gym and can't wait to step on stage in November, then make improvements in 2014 before entering more shows. I'm somewhat daunted by the prospect of competing, however think its one of those things that when done once, you want to do it again and again. I hope you all enjoy my journey.... Time to get busy!

Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    13.08.2013: Back/Delts/Calves

Trained at a more bodybuilding orientated gym, which I love. Started with lat Pulldown to warmup, then plate loaded seated close-grip row superset plate loaded low row, barbell shrugs and seated close-grip cable row. Normally use a lot of free weights for back, but have a slight shoulder injury so opted for machines. For delts just did seated dumbbell military superset machine military press; and for calves seated calf raise superset standing calf raise machine. In and out in under an hour.

14.08.2013: REST DAY

Day off from the weight today. Half hour cardio: 15 mins incline treadmill/15 mins X-trainer. For abs did a kettle-bell side bend (for obliques) superset bent-knee raise of bench. Tomorrow I'm training with gym buddy at bodybuilding gym which should be fun. I fly on holiday on Sunday for my sisters wedding, which gives me some time off the weights and perhaps allow my injury to recuperate. When I come back, ill be fresh to attack the iron and prepare for the comp.

AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking good mate. Pretty sure I'm going to compete at the same show! fitness category though, will be logging soon.
    You don't have a lot to lose!

Originally Posted by AdamMcD View Post
    Looking good mate. Pretty sure I'm going to compete at the same show! fitness category though, will be logging soon.
    You don't have a lot to lose!
    Thanks dude... I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks this Sunday, so will start my diet when I get home! Good luck in the fitness category.. I didn't know which one to enter tbh.

15.08.2013: Chest/Biceps/Abs

Awesome workout today! Trained at bodybuilding gym with a friend and I felt like I crushed the workout. Cable crossovers to warmup from high pulley, then flat barbell press, flat hammer press up to 275lbs (125kg) with some forced reps, into a double drop set, down to two plates a side then one. Chest was pumped! Then flat dumbbell flyes, incline hammer press superset cable crossovers, finishing with pec dec Flye machine. For biceps I started with loose form hammer curls and got the 71lbs dumbbells (32.5kg) for 12 reps, of which there is a video below. Went up to 93lbs dumbbells and got around 6 reps so was happy with that. Finished with loose form barbell curls to 100lbs and cable curl 21s with stricter form. For calves did hammer squat machine calf raises, then standing calf raise machine with lots of drop sets... Was very pumped after this. Chest is a weak area for me and I feel like my shoulder injury held up well and I pushed myself.
    Last edited by Connector; 08-15-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Even though the form is loose I felt like I got good contractions and love these for biceps.
    Last edited by Connector; 08-15-2013 at 08:32 AM.

16.07.2013: REST DAY

Just rested today as was busy and had work also. Trained abs after work then came home. Everything looks to be on track ATM. Gonna take some time in 2014 to add some lean mass and make sure I'm eating quality food every 3 hours; really try and improve certain bodyparts.