Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Holding myself accountable...Shredding log to my first show!

OK, so I have wanted to compete for a while now. Last year I started my first prep and this ended up happening:

LOL, JK but for serious I broke my ankle in 2 places, dislocated part of it, and had 6 fractures:

For those that do no know, I am type 1 diabetic. During the initial stages of my prep last year, I was lowing my carbs and playing with my insulin levels...well that night I did not make enough of an adjustment. I half-consciously woke up...went to the kitchen trying to get something to eat. Then I just fell over and passed out. And that little fall DESTROYED my ankle.

Anyways so that kind of took my competition plans out of the schedule.

Well I am back to normal now and ready to do this! Once and for all!

I am planning on doing the 2013 NPC Mr. Rochester for my first show. Now the date is not set, it is normally in April, but "word on the street" is that it will be June 22nd. So that puts me pretty far out.

I am going to start cutting now. I have never even achieved a full 6 pack yet! So what I am going to do is cut down, get lean, then hold that condition until 10 to 12 weeks out then shed the last few pounds. Diabetes always throws a few speed bumps, so I want to allow time to make adjustments.

Starting Pics

Starting Weight: 166.5

Training
    3 Days on/1 Day off. 3 Sets per bodypart, except back gets 3 sets of a vertical pull (pull ups) and 3 sets of a horizontal (row).

All lifts are compound lifts.

Day 1: Chest/Back/Triceps/Calves
    Day 2: Quads/Hams/Abs
    Day 3: Delts/Arms/ Calves
    Day 4: Off
    Day 5: Chest/Back/Biceps/Calves
    Day 6: Quads/Hams/Abs
    Day 7: Delts/Arms/Calves
    Day 8: Off
    Repeat

For cardio, I am starting with Three 30 Min sessions before breakfast, I will add more as time goes by.

I will post videos along the way.

Diet
    I have my maintenance around 2500 to 2600 calories.

2000 Calories/2250 if cardio is done that day. High protein/Low carb/Mod Fat

Training Days: 230/175/55
    Off Days: 250/90/50

Once a week, on delt and arm day I will have a carb day and bring cals up close to maintenance.

So please join in on the journey, it is going to be a long but tough one.

I will also be giving away ALLMAX Samples to random posters along the way!

Last edited by xStevenx; 11-25-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

But before we get started. This week will be a much needed deload week. I will bring my calories to about maintenance.

On Thanksgiving I got a Grade 1 Pec tear. Luckily they only take like a week to heal. So I have been icing it. I will only train probably 3 days this week, light, rest up and then start the SLAUGHTERFEST on my fat ass!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN bro!!!
    advertising not permitted

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rochester? Really you live about 3 hours away from Erie! never knew you were so close!

mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000)
    In!

Same thing happened to my ankle as well when I was younger, cracked it where your "broke 1" is at. It sucks because it'll put a ton of stress when trying to do calve raises.

Best advice I can give you is don't try pop your ankle when it hurts.

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    IN bro!!!
    Thanks for joining in man!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Rochester? Really you live about 3 hours away from Erie! never knew you were so close!
    Yea! Not too far from you. You should come out and then feed me some of your wonderful Chef Bob food for my post contest meal nom sayin'

Originally Posted by mattwhey View Post
    In!

Same thing happened to my ankle as well when I was younger, cracked it where your "broke 1" is at. It sucks because it'll put a ton of stress when trying to do calve raises.

Best advice I can give you is don't try pop your ankle when it hurts.
    Luckily the ankle does not bother me too much. The achilles tendon is real tight, so warming up for squats takes a while. I can't squat my bodyweight because of it. I need weight holding me down in order to squat. I got my squat back to 365 for 5. But i really havent squatted much in a while do to some knee issues. So I guess we will see where my squat is at next week.

Here is the last vid I did in the gym:

I had been noticing strength dropping pretty bad, like last week I went to DL 375 and could only pull it for 3. That is why I need a little deload.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sry to hear about what happened during your prep last year but what doesn't kill u makes u stronger Keep up the gr8 work and motivation

Btw do u take the same constant doses of insulin throughout the week or it changes according to carb intake ?

optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) optiflex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great motivation. GOODLUCK WITH PREPPING!

Allmax taking you to the Arnold again dude? Ill bring some treats there.

Originally Posted by rakan92 View Post
    Sry to hear about what happened during your prep last year but what doesn't kill u makes u stronger Keep up the gr8 work and motivation

Btw do u take the same constant doses of insulin throughout the week or it changes according to carb intake ?
    My insulin doses vary depending on diet. First I have to lower my basal (long acting) then adjust my meal time insulin. That is what makes it so tough.

I can eat and do the exact same thing on two days. One day my blood sugars will be low all day, the next day they are high.

And cardio is a pain because as Type 1 Diabetic IFBB Pro Anth Bailes said:

"Nothing worse then getting off the cardio equipment with low blood sugar and having to eat something sugary making the whole cardio session pointless"

Allmax taking you to the Arnold again dude? Ill bring some treats there.
    Fo' Sho, I am there every year man! Got my hotel booked, my tickets to the show and everything. Can't wait!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sorry to hear about your last prep
    Well done for starting a contest prep again

If you dont mind
    Are you not a little worried about prepping again?
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your last prep
    Well done for starting a contest prep again

If you dont mind
    Are you not a little worried about prepping again?
    To be honest yea. I am going to be keeping a journal of my insulin and blood sugars so I can really get things as close to perfect as I can. I have never been real lean so idk how my body will react

I have had enough seizures and close calls due to low sugar. I won't let diabetes control me

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    To be honest yea. I am going to be keeping a journal of my insulin and blood sugars so I can really get things as close to perfect as I can. I have never been real lean so idk how my body will react

I have had enough seizures and close calls due to low sugar. I won't let diabetes control me
    Glad your going about it with the correct mind

Hope everything goes well

Good luck and keep safe
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in on this man see your still at flex on culver?
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    in on this man see your still at flex on culver?
    Yep! There right now doing cardio

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

WHo is your prep coach?
    Starting at 2000 calories and nearly what 6+ months out? your metabolism is going to hate you!

WHo is your prep coach?
    Starting at 2000 calories and nearly what 6+ months out? your metabolism is going to hate you!
    I am doing it myself for now. I am just cutting now. Until probably 7 or 8%. Then cals are coming back up while staying lean until about 10 to 12 weeks out

At least that's the plan. Any advice?

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    I am doing it myself for now. I am just cutting now. Until probably 7 or 8%. Then cals are coming back up while staying lean until about 10 to 12 weeks out

At least that's the plan. Any advice?
    Keep Cals and Carbs are high as possible for as long as possible. Start higher if possible. your cals will be hurting come down the road. and your testosterone levels will plummet quick.

Well did 30 mins on the stepper this AM before breakfast sipping on some Aminocore

Fasted cardio for me betters my blood sugars all day.

After work I went to the gym and did some legs. Again this week is a deaload so I wont go into details of the work out, not too exciting all I did was:

3 Sets of squats
    3 Sets of DB SLDL
    Then some walking lunges followed up by some foam rolling

Today I got some Thermogenesauce.

I LOVE hot stuff, so figured I would give it a try. Let me tell you 10/10. Tastes incredible, I put it on my chicken today and on my chicken and rice meal. I dont think it will do much for fat loss really, just great marketing. If you like hot stuff you have to pick some up!

Tomorrow is an off day. Both from cardio and lifting. Wednesday is a deload back workout.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Heard that is off the charts. Matt Pearson who makes it is a legit guy. Would love to try it sometime.

Heard that is off the charts. Matt Pearson who makes it is a legit guy. Would love to try it sometime.
    Yea! Matt is one of the best and unique formulators out there. Everything I have tried of his through the various companies he has worked for has been great!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well meet the newest member of the Mott family!

No name yet, wife really wanted a dog so we found this little girl. She is a ChiMalteeShu (Chihuahua/****zu/Maltese mix) The wife is thinking of naming her Chloe or Coconut

I like Bulldogs and Pit Bulls, someday

Next week when the actual training starts I have a 400g Allmax Creapure to giveaway to a random post

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Did 30mins fasted on the treadmill this AM.

Now at breakfast I had 3 slices of Ezekiel Toast, with Coconut Butter and some egg whites. The toast had 33g of carb. Normally I would need about 3 units of insulin for this. I have been noticing low sugars, so I gave 1.5 units.

My sugar was low ALL DAY. I ate about 180g of carb on 1.5 units of insulin! Low insulin = high fat loss. I am going to continue to lower my dose so I do not wake up with another broken ankle.

Went to the gym after work did a few sets of pull ups and rows. I am going nuts not training intense. I am going to freaking MURDER the weights come Monday. I can't stop thinking about it!

Off tomorrow.

This little dog is kick ass. Normally not a fan of small dogs but she is 12oz of awesomeness!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well instead of taking it easy until Monday, I will hit it hard come tomorrow. I have had a full 7 days rest. Pec feels fine. So chest/back/triceps and calves full on tomorrow. We will see how the pec feels with some resistance added to it
    Last edited by xStevenx; 11-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

First day training heavy since Thanksgiving.

Last night I was doing pushups, chest felt good, but I could feel where I hurt it.

So here was todays workout:
    ALL SETS TAKEN TO POSITIVE FAILURE
    ALL SETS ARE PERFORMED IN THE 80% ROM...no lockouts, no complete stretch. Constant tension!

Decline Bench Press
    225 x 8
    205 x 9
    185 x 10

No where near where I usually hit but not back after a minor tear

Pec Minor Dips BW = 171
    BW + 50 x 12
    BW + 50 x 12

Hammer Grip Pullups BW = 171
    BW + 25 x 6
    BW x 10

Staggered - Plate loaded Pulldown
    160 x 6 / 90 x 8
    I was supposed to hit 12 to 15, but started too heavy on this machine, never used it before

Staggered reps are as follows: Start in the contracted part of the movement, then do 1/4 rep, then 1/2, then 3/4, the full, then back to 1/4.

Here is a vid I posted after breaking my ankle doing staggered pulldowns.

try incorporating them, they can be used for a number of exercises

Parallel Barbell Rows- Pulled to Chest
    145 x 6
    130 x 8
    115 x 12

DB Floor "Pit" Press
    These are for triceps. Lay on floor, keep arms tight in with the body, press up and focus on bringing your hands to your armpits on the negative
    65 x 7
    60 x 10
    55 x 10

Calve Extension
    Now we have this chest press machine at the gym where you can use your legs to get that first rep up...I was thinking, this would be great for calves!
    150 x 12
    150 x 11
    130 x 15

That week off felt good, nice and refreshed. Tried some new exercises so we will see how I progress. Like I typically do barbell rows more up right and to my waist, but I want to thicken the upper back a bit more, so we will see how these go. Nowhere near the amount of weight with a standard BB row.

Got legs tomorrow! Haven't squatted heavy in a while, and ankle has been sore. I will probably wrap my ankle...squats are on the schedule

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Cold weather is really effecting my ankle since the surgery.

I started with 5 mins on the stepper. Then stretched and warmed the ankle up.

Now I have always "low bar" squatted, my legs grew tremendously. But I want to change things up a bit so I started "High bar" squatting, still getting used to it.

Squats
    High Bar
    275 x 5
    245 x 7
    Low Bar
    225 x 15

Felt OK, fed a lot different than the low bar squat.

DB SLDL
    100's x 10
    Really focusing on the negative and squeezing the hams HARD on the way up.

Lying Leg Curls
    100 x 8
    90 x 10/ 5 second rest then 10 partials out of the bottom

Hanging Leg Raises (Abs)
    3 Sets of 12 to 15

Some may say that this workout does not seem like much to make the legs grow well it works great for me. 3 sets of squats twice per week made me go from chicken legs to the beast quads I have now.

Arms/Delts/Calves tomorrow after church. Can't wait!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Dorian Yates says is best.. Intensity > Volume!

Dorian Yates says is best.. Intensity > Volume!
    You know it!

So I got on the scale this AM and was 164.5 down 2lbs from last week. Here are some pics, I do not see much of a difference yet.

Trained Arms/Delts/Calves today. Chest was still really sore and that got in the way of the Triceps portion of my workout.

Antoines
    [i]I saw Antoine Vaillant doing this exercise. It is a seated Bent Over Lateral Supersetted with simply pull the arms (with DBs) back
    20/30 x 10/10 Two Sets
    (20lbs for the rear lateral/30 for pullback)
    Holy Pump in rear delt!

Side Lying Rear Delt Raise
    Right: 5 x 15
    Left: 5 x 15
    Sounds light but these are hard

THE FOLLOWING SETS ARE TAKEN TO FAILURE

Side Laterals
    I do these a little different...I keep hands at my side, constant tension. Typically we start with our hands in the front. It is hard to keep constant tension and still move weight.
    20 x 10
    20 x 9
    15 x 15

Hammer Curls Both arms together
    40 x 7
    35 x 10
    30 x 12

Reverse Grip Smith Bench (for Triceps)
    Normally all I feel during these is triceps. But because my chest was still sore I felt a lot of chest on here
    225 x 7
    205 x 11
    185 x 15

Standing Calve Machine
    Machine only goes to 250, so we welded a bar on top to add more weight. So I added 6 45's for more resistance
    430 x 20
    520 x 10
    470 x 13

Short and intense!

Few more pics from today.

I hate it, in person I look much leaner then I look at the pictures and I look like Fat Bastard

Just have cardio tomorrow

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pics still lookin great bro!!!

Whenever I look at pics and they dont look as good as in person...it just fuels me to work even harder! Keep up the great work!!!!
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    pics still lookin great bro!!!

Whenever I look at pics and they dont look as good as in person...it just fuels me to work even harder! Keep up the great work!!!!
    Yea! I will get there.

Been up since 4:30, for cardio, I had to get out to help a customer an hour away. customer had a pump go down at a water plant. Had to get out and take care of it with our one of our mechanics.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.