Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User MasonJarDrinker's Avatar
    MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Home Gym-$2500 Budget!

Hey all. I had a thread up similar to this but I've totally changed my thoughts on everything thanks to the brawny wisdom y'all possess!

So on the PowerTecFitness website they have a sale on their workbench power rack. $600.
    I figure I might as well buy their work bench utility bench. $319.

Here is where I need advice. I want the ability to do heavy pull downs and rows. I can't be doing tons of overhead stuff and the rows for my lats are my favorite back exercise. It feels the best for my body. Would their lat tower work out well? It's kind of hard to picture how that would look on the power rack, whether that would get in the way or not. It's $800 NOT including weights, which sucks. But it looks like it can do rows as well, though the hand attachment looks sucky. I can't tell if that can be switched out or what.

Here is where I need some more advice as well. What what Olympic plates and bar should I buy?

TDLR; Powertec power rack, bench..Are these good purchases? What Olympic plates/bar should I get? What things should I get in order to be able to do rows as well as lat pull downs?

THANKS!
    Last edited by MasonJarDrinker; 11-11-2015 at 04:20 PM.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MasonJarDrinker View Post
    Hey all. I had a thread up similar to this but I've totally changed my thoughts on everything thanks to the brawny wisdom y'all possess!

So on the PowerTecFitness website they have a sale on their workbench power rack. $600.
    I figure I might as well buy their work bench utility bench. $319.

Here is where I need advice. I want the ability to do heavy pull downs and rows. I can't be doing tons of overhead stuff and the rows for my lats are my favorite back exercise. It feels the best for my body. Would their lat tower work out well? It's kind of hard to picture how that would look on the power rack, whether that would get in the way or not. It's $800 NOT including weights, which sucks. But it looks like it can do rows as well, though the hand attachment looks sucky. I can't tell if that can be switched out or what.

Here is where I need some more advice as well. What what Olympic plates and bar should I buy?

TDLR; Powertec power rack, bench..Are these good purchases? What Olympic plates/bar should I get? What things should I get in order to be able to do rows as well as lat pull downs.

THANKS!
    if it was my money and I had to have a lat attachment I'd go with something more along the lines of this body solid rack package and add the lat attachement option for another $370... I wouldn't spend the money on that plate loaded leg press...

https://www.fitnessfactory.com/Home/..._Rack_Package/ (pro tip: if you call fitness factory and speak to them on the phone or chat via their website, you can usually get an even better price then the sale price advertised on the website.) (I only paid $1500 w/shipping for my functional trainer that was currently being advertised at 1950 and got the heavy stack add ons for 50 instead of the 85 advertised.)

It includes 500 lb of oly weights, a bar, and a bench and you can add the lat attachment later...

If you want to get closer to your $2500 number go with Rogue www.roguefitness.com

They have a huge selection of racks, bumper plates and bars and benches. If you can hold off until black friday you can likely save enough on the rogue stuff to get a lat tower if you absolutely need it but you can achieve the same thing doing Pull ups and various free weight rows.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MasonJarDrinker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    That body builder pro looks great. I am going for that now, lol. Maybe I'm easily persuaded. Thanks for the tip. Do you know if that lat attachment does rows as well as pull downs?

It's a shame dip bars can't be attached. Yeah, this product looks pretty sweet, too bad plates can't be racked onto it. Putting them on the floor isn't a big deal though. I assume fitnessfactory is a reputable site.

Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    you can achieve the same thing doing Pull ups and various free weight rows.
    +1 for this. Can do bent-over rows or buy a landmine and handle.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #15 ||---||

That body builder pro looks great. I am going for that now, lol. Maybe I'm easily persuaded. Thanks for the tip. Do you know if that lat attachment does rows as well as pull downs?

It's a shame dip bars can't be attached. Yeah, this product looks pretty sweet, too bad plates can't be racked onto it. Putting them on the floor isn't a big deal though. I assume fitnessfactory is a reputable site.
    Nevermind, it does rows. So everything I actually wanted can be bought under 2k. That's crazy.

Originally Posted by Robfitx View Post
    +1 for this. Can do bent-over rows or buy a landmine and handle.

I just dislike bending over and overhead movements don't agree with my shoulders. I definitely agree with your points though! It's just my personal preferences and physical health needs as far as I can tell.

I'm going with the body solid package and lat attachment + weight stack.

I'm super pumped! WHOO.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just dislike bending over and overhead movements don't agree with my shoulders. I definitely agree with your points though! It's just my personal preferences and physical health needs as far as I can tell.

I'm going with the body solid package and lat attachment + weight stack.

I'm super pumped! WHOO.

Fitness Factory is Body-Solid's Retail store... Body-solid is a reputable name brand that's been around for years.

You can get a leg developer for the bench to do leg ext and curls and you can buy a seperate dip station for a few hundred bucks too.

Workout Journal:

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

CL is your friend!

With a $2,500 budget I think you could do better than Powertec, an entire Rogue setup could be had for less than that. RML-390F with a BUNCH of accessories, Rogue flat bench, American Barbell Super Power Bar (on sale), and a quick email to Allison Forman at York for some plates (G2 or Legacy). Or get on dumbbell buddy.com and get a set of Troy interlocking that go for a decent price. Then search your local CL for a quality lat pull down instead of dropping $800 on the Powertec, I once picked up a Nautilus with 265lb stack for $175.....
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Thanks for all responses thus far. I'm almost certainly going with the body solid 500 bench package with the pull down 200 pound stack. For 2k, 700 pounds, a full power rack and a bench....I feel like it's a good value for the quality it seems to be.

Does anyone know if fitness factory does Black Friday deals?? It's coming up soon etc etc....

IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for all responses thus far. I'm almost certainly going with the body solid 500 bench package with the pull down 200 pound stack. For 2k, 700 pounds, a full power rack and a bench....I feel like it's a good value for the quality it seems to be.

Does anyone know if fitness factory does Black Friday deals?? It's coming up soon etc etc....
    $2500 worth of Body Solid?

Listen to urbanlifter man, FFS! Where is that dude with the all you need line in his signature?

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IronKrazy View Post
    Listen to urbanlifter man, FFS! Where is that dude with the all you need line in his signature?
    Yeah, where is he?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if it was my money and I had to have a lat attachment I'd go with something more along the lines of this body solid rack package ...

https://www.fitnessfactory.com/Home/..._Rack_Package/ (pro tip: if you call fitness factory and speak to them on the phone or chat via their website, you can usually get an even better price then the sale price advertised on the website.) (I only paid $1500 w/shipping for my functional trainer that was currently being advertised at 1950 and got the heavy stack add ons for 50 instead of the 85 advertised.)

It includes 500 lb of oly weights, a bar, and a bench ...
    I would get this set-up and sell the bar for $50. Before you do, buy a CAP OB86, or find a good, straight used York Oly bar. Next, buy a used plated-loaded lat pulldown/low row. If you must, but a new B-S GLM83. Finally, get a good dip station. If you buy the GLM83, get the Oly horns. Don't buy **** that hangs off of your rack, especially a lat pulldown, unless you absolutely have no room. Get a weight tree too. You'll need some place to keep your plates from getting in the way.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Yeah, where is he?

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    With a $2,500 budget I think you could do better than Powertec, an entire Rogue setup could be had for less than that. RML-390F with a BUNCH of accessories, Rogue flat bench, American Barbell Super Power Bar (on sale), and a quick email to Allison Forman at York for some plates (G2 or Legacy). Or get on dumbbell buddy.com and get a set of Troy interlocking that go for a decent price. Then search your local CL for a quality lat pull down instead of dropping $800 on the Powertec, I once picked up a Nautilus with 265lb stack for $175.....
    OP, the body solid is good stuff but Urban Lifter is right and I did mention in my original post that Rogue is another great option and definitely higher quality. Rogue's Matte Black Friday sale is the stuff body builders dreams are made of. Body Solid is a better choice then powerec at powetec money perhaps a little less expensive but if I had 2500 to spend I'd be hanging on for 2 more weeks to see what Rogue is going to offer and go hog wild. Just my 2 cents.

Workout Journal:

krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000)
    $2500 worth of Body Solid?

The more I look at this post, the more I laugh.. Repped!!

OP, the body solid is good stuff but Urban Lifter is right and I did mention in my original post that Rogue is another great option and definitely higher quality. Rogue's Matte Black Friday sale is the stuff body builders dreams are made of. Body Solid is a better choice then powerec at powetec money perhaps a little less expensive but if I had 2500 to spend I'd be hanging on for 2 more weeks to see what Rogue is going to offer and go hog wild. Just my 2 cents.
    I don't disagree, but I question spending $2,500 without good reason. You need a rack, a bench, a bar, and a minimum of 255 pounds of weight. 500 pounds is better. Better cheap plates than a cheap bar. Hell, used plates are fine. Powertec/Bodycraft/Body-Solid are the minimum acceptable racks. If the Rogue design makes sense to you, go for it. I don't like having to bolt anything to my floor, but you may. For a bench, really, a good flat bench is fine. The B-S GFI31 is a fine bench too. And then there is the bar. CAP OB86 or a vintage York bar are your best economy choices. If you are going to get anything else, think about a dip stand and a lat pulldown/low row. You don't need new for these two pieces of equipment.

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know your history but if you are committed to lifting and have been at it for a while - most of us would advise the 'buy once - cry once' route. You have a decent budget, really no reason to skimp. I like Body Solid stuff and own their dip station (which is as good as any in that category) but their stuff is low end - not sporting good store low end but low end. For not much more, and well within your budget, you can get very good equipment.

A good rack, bench, and bar are priorities. Plates aren't hard via Craigslist or similar. My area sucks but I've seen commercial lat machines go for not too much more than what you are looking at. Essentially, I don't think it would be very hard at all for you to do A LOT better for that money and get stuff you'd be happy keeping forever.

Lots of big sales coming this month.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The GIF-FU is strong with this one.

Repped and appreciate the laughs.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peter_Klim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That Powertec utility bench on sale is $355 with shipping at their website. Amazon has had it for at least as long as I have been looking at it (3 weeks or so) for $339 with free shipping, so not really a sale.

So are rogue racks basically top end racks? And would I really have to bolt them into the floor? I'm putting this in the basement where it's a cement floor.

Now I'm questioning what the heck to get all over again.

MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With your budget, get Rogue.

Not all of them need to be bolted down, depends what you want at the end of the day. I would rather have an S1 or SML1 than any Bodysolid rack.

So are rogue racks basically top end racks? And would I really have to bolt them into the floor? I'm putting this in the basement where it's a cement floor.

Last edited by MonkeyT; 11-12-2015 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Even without your budget - GET ROGUE! :-)
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #75 ▪██─────██▪

Can anyone briefly explain why rogue is better?

The body solid looks more beefy.

Sorry for being noob.

I'm not interested in pull ups. I already have a station for those.

I already have Dumbbells as well.

So I'm thinking the r4 rogue. I assume that the safety bars can hold 500+ it just looks so skinny and weighs 250. Would I need to bolt this down to make it safe?

It's a thousand bucks :0
    Last edited by MasonJarDrinker; 11-12-2015 at 04:57 AM.

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can anyone briefly explain why rogue is better?

The body solid looks more beefy.

Sorry for being noob.
    You need to poke around more. There is a power rack sticky you seem to have ignored. You don't need to read every page, there is a search function.

I think you'll find the Rogue rack is taller (90" vs 79"), has heavier gauge steel, has better hole spacing, doesn't have the crappy J-hooks, doesn't have the crappy lower rear crossmember that can interfere with optimal bench placement, has more choice for chin-up bar, etc
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

They are probably one of the most easily available, well known racks that you can get. They have several models that don't require bolting the the floor. The ones that do require bolting down basically state so in the description and doing so isn't to difficult from what I understand. You can always call them to discuss your needs. If you tell them you don't want a rack that requires bolting down, they will steer you in the right direction.

I don't disagree, but I question spending $2,500 without good reason. You need a rack, a bench, a bar, and a minimum of 255 pounds of weight. 500 pounds is better. Better cheap plates than a cheap bar. Hell, used plates are fine. Powertec/Bodycraft/Body-Solid are the minimum acceptable racks. If the Rogue design makes sense to you, go for it. I don't like having to bolt anything to my floor, but you may. For a bench, really, a good flat bench is fine. The B-S GFI31 is a fine bench too. And then there is the bar. CAP OB86 or a vintage York bar are your best economy choices. If you are going to get anything else, think about a dip stand and a lat pulldown/low row. You don't need new for these two pieces of equipment.
    I understand completely, and agree completely. I started out with a CL Tuff stuff Bench and open multi press rack, cheap bar and plates. I've upgraded over time, selling off the used items I had (some times at the same cost I purchased them for especially the iron) I now have a full set up and it does include a few body solid pieces. I have their SFID-325 Bench which I'd highly recommend it's several hundred less then some of the other popular FIDs and built like a tank. I have a used BS Dumbbell rack (it holds dumbbells, no need to spend a ton of cash here) I got an amazing deal on my body solid Functional Trainer and my 45 degree hyper.

As for other stuff, I have a Buddy Capp TPB and a Rogue Bella Bar, a 5 ft straight bar (CL), an EZ Curl Bar(CL), Various Cable Attachments (CL). Black Widow Rack, (Great price to get exactly what I wanted from a rack and fit it in the space I needed it to fit) Dumbbells and plates (Does it really matter what kind they are?) a used TRUE commercial elliptical (CL) and several 4x6 rubber floor mats.

All that being said, It was a long process that I've spent nearly 3 and half years working to put it together through trading pieces, selling pieces, asking for items for presents (got my TPB for Christmas 2 years ago), asking for cash for birthdays to put towards my gym. I spend several hours a week in my gym and don't spend a penny on a gym membership. I can do every exercise I want to do and plenty more. I can have the TV or music at whatever volume I see fit. I don't have to worry about hours of operation and I never ever have to wait for the squat rack.

Workout Journal:

Okay, you've all given me a lot to think about so thank you.

My one other question is assuming I am fine with the BS power rack (mostly just interested in squats, I'd be fine doing dumbbell chest presses for life) would that oly bar/plates which comes with it be decent?
    I'm just confused on how those can be crappy but you never know.

I personally think I'd be fine with the lat tower there. I still can't picture how that would be an issue. It just sits behind the rack. I'm probably not seeing something though.

I'll be back to researching stuff I guess till I'm closer to Black Friday, then I'll come back with my findings, lol. Thanks.

Okay. So I'll definitely wait til Black Friday then buy rogue plates and bar at the minimum.

I personally think I'd be fine with the lat tower there. I still can't picture how that would be an issue. It just sits behind the rack. I'm probably not seeing something though.
    The quality isn't as good as a stand-alone and you will find you are even more limited for space inside the rack. Remember that the bargain racks (B-S, Powertec, Bodycraft) are going to have issues with the rear floor crossmember and some people will move the bench over the crossmember. You can't do that if you have a lat pulldown behind you. Save money, but don't save money by jamming yourself into an overutilized rack.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Okay. So I'll definitely wait til Black Friday then buy a power rack, rogue plates and bar at the minimum.
    Fixed for you. =]
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The quality isn't as good as a stand-alone and you will find you are even more limited for space inside the rack. Remember that the bargain racks (B-S, Powertec, Bodycraft) are going to have issues with the rear floor crossmember and some people will move the bench over the crossmember. You can't do that if you have a lat pulldown behind you. Save money, but don't save money by jamming yourself into an overutilized rack.
    This ^^^

I had a Tuff Stuff rack with high/low row tower on the rack. It will "work", but its less than desirable for the reasons Atty mentions above. You will grow tired of this over time, sell the rack (probably at a loss if you bought new) and end up doing it right. Many of us here have the scar tissue to prove it.

With your budget, you don't need to make those mistakes or compromises if you shop and buy smart. Slow down, do the research, read the stickies and reviews on this site, and buy smart. Black Friday offers an excellent opportunity to do exactly this.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

Okay, you've all given me a lot to think about so thank you.

My one other question is assuming I am fine with the BS power rack (mostly just interested in squats, I'd be fine doing dumbbell chest presses for life) would that oly bar/plates which comes with it be decent?
    Iron is Iron when it comes down to it. The Body Solid plates are just as accurate as pretty much any other non calibrated weights. The Bar is usually the concern. Don't skimp on this I have over $500 invested in our two bars. Poorly manufactured bars tend to end up having sleeves lock up, come loose, the bar bends easily or in some extreme cases will break where they lathed the groove in the knurl marks which is much cheaper to do then to machine two separate sets of knurl marks on the bar.

As for Dumbbell presses, that's your choice but with a power rack and a FID bench you can do various chest pressing exercises in the saftey of the rack with your barbell and plates and increase the load on the bar in as little as Half pound increments (with a micro plate set) or 2.5lb Increments if you get a pair of 1.25 Oly Plates. as opposed to the normal 10lb increments you'd encounter with dumbbells since going from say a pair of 10's to 15's is a jump from 20# to 30#.

Workout Journal: