yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000)

CONFUSED ABOUT HOW MANY SETS FOR BIs and TRIs?

I have been hearing and reading mixed stuff about the number of sets one must do in order to adequately hit their arms, and make them grow. First I believed it was 10-12 sets for BIs and 10-12 sets for TRIs once a week. Then some bodybuilding.com articles claim that if you have intense chest and back workouts you'd be hitting your BI's and TRIs pretty good, and all you have to do is 6-7 sets for BIs and 6-7 sets for TRis once a week. So when I do arms how many sets is 'TOO many', and how many sets 'is not enough'? Am i overtraining with the 10-12 set workout?

yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    anyone?

Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dont know if thats necessarily overtraining, maybe try doing 9 for a few workouts or something. If you're happy with your results though just stick with it.
    the jakes on you.

mattcanning99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bis and tris are both small body parts meaning two things (1) they recover faster than larger body parts and can be trained twice a week with a much lower chance of overtraining, and (2) sets can be kept low.

try anywhere between 6 - 9...should be plenty.
    MuscleSpot.com

AJ UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel 9 is a nice amount of sets to be hitting both bi's and tri's with.

3 different exercises for 3 sets.

eg.

concerntration curls 3 sets of 10
    preacher curls 3 sets of 10
    hammer curls 3 sets of 10

that 9 sets of 10 which is 90 reps. Plenty for your biceps to grow. Do the same for the tricep. That is also quite true. Doing some chest exercises may well work your tri's and back exercises may work your bi's.

IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i've seen results with my bis and tris by doin 4 sets for each. but everyweek i alternate lifts for both groups. just do what u feel u need by how many sets you do but make sure u don't do the same lifts over and over switch it up

PumpinIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with AJ UK, I find 9 sets each, once a week is all need if they're all out, good sets. I usually train them together (bis and tris on same days), supersetting sometimes, but with my new training split they're on opposite days. I always include barbell curls no matter what, and tricep pressdowns for tris. There's a good number of exercises for each, lots of opportunities to change things up so your muscles don't adapt to the same workout and stop growing.

jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You think nine sets is enough, well I did 20 sets for my biceps and triceps each on seperate days. Maybe I just have good genetics, cause I did this for around eight months and I put 2.5 inches on my arms and the only supplements i took during that time was Gnc brand weight gainer 2200 or some kind of regular whey protein.
    I can do all things through christ which strentheneth me.

Philippians 4:13

bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000)

12 sets

i do 12 sets, 4 exercises of 3 sets, the person who designed my programme at the gym told me to do this, once a week

Registered User littlestrongman's Avatar
    littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlestrongman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i do 5 sets for each, and have made amazing progress
    my body is a machine...my determination controls it...my willpower maintains it...and my intensity is the fuel for its drive to perfection.