hbomb981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5 grams of creatine

I was wondering where this number of taking 5 grams of creatine came from research, hearsay, etc... Just curious?

I take 5 grams a day too but only because I've been reading it on the boards, magazines, etc. I remember back in the days I would load for a week then use Maintance dosages...

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine Mono is one of the most researched supplements on the market. Loading is not necessary.

jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mtownballer20 View Post
    Creatine Mono is one of the most researched supplements on the market. Loading is not necessary.
    Exactly! Your muscles only can take in so much.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post616800133

It's worth a read.

lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The 5 grams is basically a rounded number equivalent to about a teaspoon of creatine. Research has shown that only about 3 grams per day is necessary to elevate and maintain muscle creatine. Most people don't own scales to measure that so 5 grams / teaspoon is a "practical" dose.

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hbomb981 View Post
    I was wondering where this number of taking 5 grams of creatine came from research, hearsay, etc... Just curious?

I take 5 grams a day too but only because I've been reading it on the boards, magazines, etc. I remember back in the days I would load for a week then use Maintance dosages...
    It is a general recommendation based on studies showing that smaller amounts of creatine monohydrate (3-5g daily) will be equally effective in increasing muscle creatine stores. It will take a longer period of time without the loading phase, but it will probably do the same thing.

r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I skipped the loading phase and just started taking 5g a day. I didn't experience any bloating.

stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoqgata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by r0bdigz View Post
    I skipped the loading phase and just started taking 5g a day. I didn't experience any bloating.
    the loading phase is another supp company trick

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stoqgata View Post
    i am not for loading but i would say its no "trick". You will reach saturation much faster but there are side effects such as bloating, stomach issues, and bathroom issues that come with loading. stick to 3-5g daily then soon enough you will be saturated enough to only take your creatine on your workout days.

lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50) lactobacillus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stoqgata View Post
    lol no. loading is what researchers have used to rapidly elevate muscle creatine even before creatine was a popularly sold supplement.

the only "trick" is the implication made by companies that it's necessary