Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by natypes View Post
    Vertical is measured off of 2 feet, not one. There can be a huge difference between the 2.
    Theres a standing vertical jump (svj), a running vertical jump (rvj), double leg running vertical jump (dlrvj) and single leg running vertical jump (slrvj)

and x amt of step vertical jump measurements.

jumpman453225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PhysiqueKing View Post
    Well I guess I don't know your goals... Is it to specifically just jump higher? Or are you trying to put on muscle, ook better, etc.
    Ima send you a email to get some tips on the vjb. Appreciate any help fam.

ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OneLastChance View Post
    Do what? Bro, just do the power skips and the sprints outside. Don't make things harder they have to be. Nobody goes to a gym that has "room" for those exercises, we all do them outside.
    What about us who live in the cold....ie Canada. |I aint doing **** outdoors in minus 30deg C
    Estimated 1Rep Max at ~204lbs

Squat 370lb (1.71xBW)
    Deadlift 470lb (2.30xBW)
    Bench 265lb (1.30xBW)

-bk

jumpman453225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really disagree with this. I think both lifts are paramount to a big vertical and as blasphemous as this sounds I'd almost say deads might be even more important. I've tried everything under the sun the last 13 years trying to improve my vertical and can't stress the correlation I've seen with big verticals and deadlifting. (Not just with myself but a few peers as well.) In my experience the thing that always separated the good jumpers(30-39 inches) from the great jumpers(40+) is the fact that almost every great jumper I have met has sworn by deadlifting.(Unless of course they're one of the genetic freaks who were born with ridiculous reactive strength and never worked for their jumping ability.)

Either way I'm not trying to be a dick and disagree with you I'm just hoping to save you guys some of the trouble I went through in all of my years of trial and error. I really think anybody who focuses on their squat AND deadlift as well as some plyos(depth jumps) and flexibility is capable of obtaining at least a 40 inch vertical leap.

Oh, yeah, another important part that I often see overlooked is people don't jump or practice jumping enough. So easy but so crucial.

Hope I helped out some and if anybody has any questions feel free to ask.
    So which exercises or workouts from the vertical jump bible would be most beneficial if my vertical was once 32.5 and I use to could windmill a few times?

Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've used almost every routine in th VJB since 2006 and I've had a ton of success with it.(The VJB is what finally got me to my 40 inch vertical leap goal.) But with that said when I first started doing the workouts that had the plyos after lifting it definitely felt weird and wasn't something I really ever got used to. However, my vertical kept getting better and better so I trusted the workouts and follow the program to a T and like I said I eventually hit my goal and then some.
    Good luck bro.
    I have read the Vjb a few times and took his tests and my results were that I needed to work on both reactive and strength. I think the routine is called balanced intermediate program. When I took his tests my standing vertical jump was 25inches. 12 inch box depth jump was 26, 18 inch box 27 inches then 24 inch box my vertical went down to 25 again. I can squat 1.6x my bodyweight and I dont know what to do? Anybody want to help?