BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BAlexanderV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

1lb vs. 2lb / Week Fat-Loss

Do you typically lose more fat per volume (of weight lost) on a more gradual deficit (500 versus 1k)? What are the pros, and cons of both. References encouraged!
    B. Alexander V.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pros of 2lbs: You lose weight quicker.
    Cons of 2lbs: Less energy, more prone to loose skin.

Pros of 1lb: More energy, loose skin will be kept to a minimum, able to eat more.
    Cons: You'll lose weight slower than 2lbs.

If you're stats are correct, and above all your picture, cutting should the furthest thing from your mind.
    Currently cutting.

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why are you trying to lose weight OP? At 140 lb you should be eating everything in sight.
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    *******'s a hell of a drug.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Op you losing weight is a stupid idea, i mean so stupid if someone told me they ate their own testicles because a talking spider asked them to do it, your idea would still be much stupider
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I first started trying to lose weight this year I was dropping 2 lbs a week. Now that I'm dropped 55 lbs I have slowed it down to 1 lb a week at most. It is getting harder and harder to lose weight.

Waxxballs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The rate of weight loss has to slow down proportionally to the amount of body fat, if you try to keep it linear you will lose LBM.

Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As mentioned above a couple of times, you need to put on weight.
    iSatori MAXON Powerbuilding Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168656293

RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedAt8k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    Pros of 2lbs: You lose weight quicker.
    Cons of 2lbs: Less energy, more prone to loose skin.

Pros of 1lb: More energy, loose skin will be kept to a minimum, able to eat more.
    Cons: You'll lose weight slower than 2lbs.

If you're stats are correct, and above all your picture, cutting should the furthest thing from your mind.
    Loose skin will snap back in time however won't it?

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RedAt8k View Post
    Loose skin will snap back in time however won't it?
    Depends mainly on how long you've been fat, and genetics. I've known people who lost 60lbs and had TONS of loose skin. I lost 155lbs in a year and ended up with almost none and I stress that I did virtually zero lifting, whereas the others I've known were lifting from day 1. Depends on age, gender, duration of obesity, and genetics and many more things I probably don't know about. Don't care about it.....you either wanna be fat, or not. If you have a lot of loose skin afterwards, either go with surgery or hopefully its a small amount to where all you need to do is build some mass.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes