Closed Thread
Page 5 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xmark25x View Post
    Any updates bro? Thanks...
    Sorry man. Forgot about you lol.

It's difficult to say for sure because I don't know how much water weight you are carrying and how much muscle you might lose during a cut. I think you should cut down to like 175 and have it checked. I'm guessing like 165-170 is your mark.

Originally Posted by shznhrz View Post
    hi, well since we're free to ask anything on this thread, here's my question. i have had a problem training my chest to its full potential. it seems that every other body part responds to training except for my chest. i have tried various routines over the past 2 years but still not much progress. in addition to that, my rotator cuff is injured due to bad form when i first started bodybuilding. so, any tips on how to train my chest and how i can avoid feeling the pain in my rotator cuff when doing bench press?
    I can offer some tips on how to grow your chest, but keep in mind that this could be related to genetics. Some people find it harder to grow certain bodyparts and others seem to grow like weeds. I think your best bet is to hit the compound lifts and do some assistance work. Choose a primary exercise to be the focus of your program. This will usually be a flat, decline, or incline bench press with DBs or a BB. Then you have your auxiliary/hypertrophy work. Things like DB bench press (if you use a BB in your primary), dips, cable fly, DB fly, etc. It will usually be 3-5 sets of 5-8 reps on your compound lift, and 2-4 sets of 8-12 reps on your hypertrophy work. What are your lifts in the bench press, squat, and deadlift? I need that information to determine your experience level. Lifters who are still in the beginner stage should do a program like Babylovers Starting Strength or Reg Park's beginner routine. Intermediate lifters will see good gains from a 5x5, upper/lower split, or PHAT. A user named EricKaneskiy designed a program of his own that you might want to check out. It's called KOHT 2.0. He is making excellent gains on it. You might need to talk with your doctor, PT, or someone in sports medicine to make sure you are clear to train. Rotator cuff injuries should not be taken lightly. If a certain exercise gives you discomfort when performing it, always try to fix your form first. If that doesn't fix the problem, drop the exercise and do something else.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sup y'all
    I"m 19years old and i've heard that i shouldn't do any squats or deadlifts before 21 since, i'm still growing till 25. My local gym trainer at gold's gym told me that if i do one of theses exercices i might stop growing.
    What do you guys think about it ?
    Thanks
    V E N I V I D I V I C I -

met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lazbrah View Post
    Sup y'all
    I"m 19years old and i've heard that i shouldn't do any squats or deadlifts before 21 since, i'm still growing till 25. My local gym trainer at gold's gym told me that if i do one of theses exercices i might stop growing.
    Thanks
    I started squating and deadlifting at 16 years old. Since then ive grew 10cm. I am 17 years old now, it hasn't done anything to my growth.
    I am kinda suprised that someone at gold's gym would tell you that, without telling you further details about the issue.

I want N4 to get my back on this, since I cant back this up with any scientifically proven facts (and oh lord he can).
    Squats, or deadlifts should not stop your growth, IF done correctly. Im sure that if you manage to have the ****tiest form in the world, it will impact on your growth.
    What I am trying to say is, that IMO you (and everyone) could and SHOULD squat and dead, but at the same time it is really important to focus on having a good form. Who want to have humongous legs and lower back at 19, if they wont be able to walk well at 30 due to back problems? No1.

Squat and pull. But remember good form.

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sup y'all
    Thanks
    What's up, Lazbrah?

Ok, first things first... Stop listening to your trainer. Seriously. What he is telling you is not true. Weight lifting does not stunt growth. Practice proper form on all lifts, and do not sacrifice form for more weight. Hope this helps, man.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Originally Posted by met3ork View Post
    I started squating and deadlifting at 16 years old. Since then ive grew 10cm. I am 17 years old now, it hasn't done anything to my growth.
    I am kinda suprised that someone at gold's gym would tell you that, without telling you further details about the issue.

I want N4 to get my back on this, since I cant back this up with any scientifically proven facts (and oh lord he can).
    Squats, or deadlifts should not stop your growth, IF done correctly. Im sure that if you manage to have the ****tiest form in the world, it will impact on your growth.
    What I am trying to say is, that IMO you (and everyone) could and SHOULD squat and dead, but at the same time it is really important to focus on having a good form. Who want to have humongous legs and lower back at 19, if they wont be able to walk well at 30 due to back problems? No1.

This ^^

Sorry, man. Didn't see that you answered the question. Lol'd at the part about N4 having the scientific facts. Keep up the good work, bud.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sup y'all
    Thanks
    See below...

This.

Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2003 Dec;1(2):120-7.
    Resistance training, skeletal muscle and growth.
    Falk B, Eliakim A.
    Source
    The Ribstein Center for Sport Medicine Sciences and Research, Wingate Institute, Netanya, Israel. bfalk@post.tau.ac.il
    Abstract
    Resistance training in youth and its effectiveness, possible effect on growth and safety considerations, has received considerable public and scientific attention in recent years. Although few early studies questioned the usefulness of resistance training in children, numerous recent studies have demonstrated its effectiveness in both children and adolescents. Nevertheless, the optimal intensity and volume of training for youths of different ages requires further study. The increase in strength following resistance training in youths, especially in prepubertal children, is believed to be due mainly to neural adaptations and only minimally, if at all, to muscle hypertrophy. Few studies have examined the long-term effect of resistance training on growth. The few which have, found that, contrary to the common misconception that resistance training may retard growth. Scientific evidence indicates that resistance training results in increased serum IGF-I and that there is no detrimental effect on linear growth. Finally, numerous studies have demonstrated that with appropriate supervision and precautions, resistance training can be safe and effective for children and adolescents.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16437017
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

Registered User Motorcityguy313's Avatar
    Motorcityguy313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm just starting out and fairly weak, what rotation should i do and how many times a week? (Like chest/tri then back/bi on one day then break and repeat?)

And my friends tell me to just keep going till im sore, if i do my normal amount of sets and im not sore but can't bump up a weight i should do more sets till im sore? Is this true?

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Motorcityguy313 View Post
    I'm just starting out and fairly weak, what rotation should i do and how many times a week? (Like chest/tri then back/bi on one day then break and repeat?)

And my friends tell me to just keep going till im sore, if i do my normal amount of sets and im not sore but can't bump up a weight i should do more sets till im sore? Is this true?
    If you're new to lifting, get on babylover's modified SS with some well placed accessory work added in such as some rear delt flyes. This program requires you to lift a minimum of 3 times during the week and is perfect for new lifters. It will allow you to gain strength and size, provided diet, training and rest are all in check over an extended period of time.

Use this thread to calculate your daily macronutrient and caloric needs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Your friends are incorrect; soreness is NOT an indicator of a good workout and lots of growth. Nor is it an indicator or a poor workout and no growth. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) do not equal growth or suggest no growth. Don't worry about trying to get sore after every workout. You should also be able to tell the difference between DOMS and an injury. If you suffer an injury, do not train through the pain. Rest and recover as required and seek immediate medical attention if need be.

Hope this helps, mate!

Check this out for me

Workout A
    1. Box squat 3x3 (work up to 3rm, 2 more sets)
    2. Bench 3x5
    3. Vertical press (db shoulder) 3x8
    4. Horizontal pull 5x6-12
    5. Shrug 3x8
    6. Core 3 sets
    7. Jump rope

Workout B
    1. Deads 3x3 (same as box squat)
    2. Push press 4x3
    3. Horizontal press 3x8
    4. Verical pull 5x6-12
    5. Unilateral leg exercise 3x5
    6. Rear delt 3x8
    7. Core 3 sets

Plyo, agility, and conditioning done on tues and thur.

Will prob do some additional tricep, bicep, grip, and posterior chain work as well.

How does that look?
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    Check this out for me

Workout A
    1. Box squat 3x3 (work up to 3rm, 2 more sets)
    2. Bench 3x5
    3. Vertical press (db shoulder) 3x8
    4. Horizontal pull 5x6-12
    5. Shrug 3x8
    6. Core 3 sets
    7. Jump rope

Workout B
    1. Deads 3x3 (same as box squat)
    2. Push press 4x3
    3. Horizontal press 3x8
    4. Verical pull 5x6-12
    5. Unilateral leg exercise 3x5
    6. Rear delt 3x8
    7. Core 3 sets

Plyo, agility, and conditioning done on tues and thur.

Will prob do some additional tricep, bicep, grip, and posterior chain work as well.

How does that look?
    In all honesty, this doesn't look too shabby at all after a quick read over, IMO. I personally love box squats as well. Perfect for letting you know EXACTLY where parallel (or just below parallel) is each rep. I would definitely do some tricep work as well; good job on taking this into account. Tricep work does wonders for (my) pressing lol. Throwing in some chins (may have missed seeing them in your routine; pretty tired atm) could be worth a shot as well, IMO.
    3x3 deads could be tough, especially as the weight gets heavier, IMO. I'm sure you'll figure something out when/if it gets to it, though.

Originally Posted by N4J4R View Post
    In all honesty, this doesn't look too shabby at all after a quick read over, IMO. I personally love box squats as well. Perfect for letting you know EXACTLY where parallel (or just below parallel) is each rep. I would definitely do some tricep work as well; good job on taking this into account. Tricep work does wonders for (my) pressing lol. Throwing in some chins (may have missed seeing them in your routine; pretty tired atm) could be worth a shot as well, IMO.
    3x3 deads could be tough, especially as the weight gets heavier, IMO. I'm sure you'll figure something out when/if it gets to it, though.
    Thanks man. I have the vertical pulling where I will probably alternate pull ups and chins, but idk, might do 3 sets of each.

I've taken a while off due to the groin injury and all that jazz (not sure if i told you about the injury), and I don't even want to know my lifts lol. But some hard work work will get me back up. I want to keep the higher volume of deads for as long as I can. Might have to drop them some as I progress. They seem to help on the field, especially when you get hit in the back.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1) I'm very skinny, I know i should be eating lots but should I be working out too? Does working out counteract what I eat? (Burns what I gain from eating)

2)How do I view my old posts? I want to repost a question I asked about a week ago to see if I can get more info about it.

Originally Posted by JeffLMRT View Post
    1) I'm very skinny, I know i should be eating lots but should I be working out too? Does working out counteract what I eat? (Burns what I gain from eating)

2)How do I view my old posts? I want to repost a question I asked about a week ago to see if I can get more info about it.
    1. Yes. Working out will burn more calories. In order to gain lean tissue, diet, training and rest must all be in check over an extended period of time.

2. On you bodyspace page, scroll down. You should be able to find a section called "Latest Forum Posts".

superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Should I work rear delts on push day or pull day? Tyvm.

Originally Posted by superstylr View Post
    Should I work rear delts on push day or pull day? Tyvm.
    I would put them on pull day, but just get them in there. You will do fine with either.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Sinay1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no squat rack or place for deadlifts on my gym, I can only access smith squat and doing that with feet slightly placed forward. Would it be worth giving a shot for babylovers SS without deadlift, and with smith squat. My lifts are very low: bench - 135lbs x6, smith squat - 135lbs x5, rows - 127lbs x5, ovp 77lbs x5. If yes, what should I do? Since no deadlifts, should I incorporate something like sldls or do rows with deload days? Incase you are wondering how can I do rows and sldl and not deadlifts, there is a plastic bar that goes only up to 150lbs.

Originally Posted by Sinay1 View Post
    There is no squat rack or place for deadlifts on my gym, I can only access smith squat and doing that with feet slightly placed forward. Would it be worth giving a shot for babylovers SS without deadlift, and with smith squat. My lifts are very low: bench - 135lbs x6, smith squat - 135lbs x5, rows - 127lbs x5, ovp 77lbs x5. If yes, what should I do? Since no deadlifts, should I incorporate something like sldls or do rows with deload days? Incase you are wondering how can I do rows and sldl and not deadlifts, there is a plastic bar that goes only up to 150lbs.
    IMO, your best bet is to switch gyms. Is that possible?

If not, you will have to compromise for those exercises. If your gym has DBs, you can try bulgarian split squats or you might be able to do smith machine front squats. IMO, smith back squats are terrible. I don't like the smith machine in general. For deadlifts, you could probably get away with an RDL movement along with back hyperextensions.

Hope this helps
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Registered User AustinThePirate's Avatar
    AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustinThePirate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm currently lifting for the sake of getting stronger/bigger/faster for football and not so much the aesthetic part of it.

Is this necessarily "bad"?
    My Lifts:

Squat: 405
    Bench: 275
    Deadlift: 435

★★★ Country Strong Crew ★★★

Originally Posted by AustinThePirate View Post
    I'm currently lifting for the sake of getting stronger/bigger/faster for football and not so much the aesthetic part of it.

Absolutely...

not.

That's a perfectly good reason to be lifting, IMO. Good for you, brah. Keep it up and you will go far

McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys. I've been doing a 4 day split for a a few months now but I've been wanting to switch back to a more strength/higher frequency routine like a P/P/L or an Upper/Lower split. I would do a traditional Upper/Lower split but my upper body is extremely lagging. My legs are incredibly developed compared to my upper body due to my genetics and I feel that one leg day is sufficient. Would a P/P/L be more beneficial in this case ?

I was thinking of doing a P/P/L but its hard to fit in a 4 day week schedule. I would do a 5 day cycle but I think its personally a bit too much for me balancing school, gym, etc. Is it fine doing 3 days on 2 days off ? Thats the only way I have thought of so far that will work in a 4 day week without having some days 5 day rest, 6 days, 4 days rest. This schedule will give me 5 days before the next same workout.

It would be like MON/TUE/WED/RES/RES/SAT/SUN/MON/RES/RES/THU/FRI/SAT.

Appreciate any input. Thanks

JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeffLMRT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2. On you bodyspace page, scroll down. You should be able to find a section called "Latest Forum Posts".
    This is what I see-
    "This member has not added any forum posts." :/

Another question
    Is there a way to increase bone size in general? I've noticed my wrists are very skinny, even skinnier than other skinny people. If this is hard to understand- imagine everyone were to be stripped of all their muscles/fat/skin and left ONLY with their skeleton frame. I think the bones of my skeleton would be the thinnest. Is it possible to increase my bone size?

fyi I have posted this question in the old thread but I want to see if anyone else knows additional information

Originally Posted by McNuggets View Post
    Hey guys. I've been doing a 4 day split for a a few months now but I've been wanting to switch back to a more strength/higher frequency routine like a P/P/L or an Upper/Lower split. I would do a traditional Upper/Lower split but my upper body is extremely lagging. My legs are incredibly developed compared to my upper body due to my genetics and I feel that one leg day is sufficient. Would a P/P/L be more beneficial in this case ?

I was thinking of doing a P/P/L but its hard to fit in a 4 day week schedule. I would do a 5 day cycle but I think its personally a bit too much for me balancing school, gym, etc. Is it fine doing 3 days on 2 days off ? Thats the only way I have thought of so far that will work in a 4 day week without having some days 5 day rest, 6 days, 4 days rest. This schedule will give me 5 days before the next same workout.

It would be like MON/TUE/WED/RES/RES/SAT/SUN/MON/RES/RES/THU/FRI/SAT.

Appreciate any input. Thanks
    Push/Pull/Legs is most definitely a great routine. I also think Upper/Lower could still work out well for you. If you're really wanting to improve strength, then depending on your lifts, madcows may be the go ahead, IMO. You will be benching 2x per week on this program and if you add in some well placed accessory work, you can easily bring your upper body up to par, provided diet, training and rest are all in check over an extended period of time.

Originally Posted by JeffLMRT View Post
    This is what I see-
    "This member has not added any forum posts." :/

Another question
    Is there a way to increase bone size in general? I've noticed my wrists are very skinny, even skinnier than other skinny people. If this is hard to understand- imagine everyone were to be stripped of all their muscles/fat/skin and left ONLY with their skeleton frame. I think the bones of my skeleton would be the thinnest. Is it possible to increase my bone size?

fyi I have posted this question in the old thread but I want to see if anyone else knows additional information
    You probably don't have enough posts just yet, mate.

No. This is determined by genetics. Make sure your macronutrient AND microtnutrient intake is also sufficient for proper growth. Calcium intake is pretty important for youth. Vitamin D helps with the absorption of calcium. Try to consume roughly 1300mg of calcium per day if you're between the age bracket of 14-18.

Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    IMO, your best bet is to switch gyms. Is that possible?

If not, you will have to compromise for those exercises. If your gym has DBs, you can try bulgarian split squats or you might be able to do smith machine front squats. IMO, smith back squats are terrible. I don't like the smith machine in general. For deadlifts, you could probably get away with an RDL movement along with back hyperextensions.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for your response. Not possible to switch gym currently. I'll give those bulgarian split squats a shot, but what do you mean by RDL movement? I looked that up and it looks like single leg stiff legged deadlift? Wouldn't it be better off just doing that?

Thanks for your response. Not possible to switch gym currently. I'll give those bulgarian split squats a shot, but what do you mean by RDL movement? I looked that up and it looks like single leg stiff legged deadlift? Wouldn't it be better off just doing that?
    They are different but to some, they appear quite similar, at least at first glance. SLDLs start from the floor. RDLs begin at the hang(ing) position. SLDLs generally have more ROM than RDLs.

Check these links out for a bit more information:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...l-vs-sldl.html
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112127931

They are different but to some, they appear quite similar, at least at first glance. SLDLs start from the floor. RDLs begin at the hang(ing) position. SLDLs generally have more ROM than RDLs.
    edit: nvm didn't notice that you misread my earlier post.
    Im still pretty confused about what should I do with the squats. Since backsquats arent available, what would you recommend that I do, back squats in the smith machine, front squats in the smith machine, bulgarian split squats, or something else?
    Last edited by Sinay1; 11-28-2012 at 07:44 AM.

sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjambo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey I'm back

I'm the guy who works out at home with a backpack. I am using N4J4R's routine from part 1.

I'm three months into my bulk.
    How am I doing?
    What is lagging?

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/sj...n=progresspics

Can't thank N4J4R enough for the routine and advice he has given me.

Originally Posted by AustinThePirate View Post

If you need any help with football programming or the exercises you should be doing, feel free to PM me. I am training for the same reason as you. I get compliments very often about how I am quick for my size, so I guess you could say that I am able to relate.

edit: nvm didn't notice that you misread my earlier post.
    Im still pretty confused about what should I do with the squats. Since backsquats arent available, what would you recommend that I do, back squats in the smith machine, front squats in the smith machine, bulgarian split squats, or something else?
    Smith front squats will allow you to progress faster than bulgarians, but the bulgarian split squat is the superior movement IMO. It's a unilateral exercise which means that you are training one leg at a time, and the opposite leg is unable to assist you in the movement. Take your pick. If these were free barbell front squats, I'd say do them. My best advice is to do the smith front squats and add in some unilateral exercises when you see them fit. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by sjambo View Post
    Hey I'm back

I'm the guy who works out at home with a backpack. I am using N4J4R's routine from part 1.

I'm three months into my bulk.
    How am I doing?
    What is lagging?

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/sj...n=progresspics

Can't thank N4J4R enough for the routine and advice he has given me.
    You're making progress. GJ man!

I think it's too early to tell about your lagging bodyparts... Just stay consistent and keep working hard. The gains will come with time.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Alright thanks man ima start the squats and dead lifts then !
    V E N I V I D I V I C I -

SamHilll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 15, I've been working out for 3/4 months now and I never really started on any kind of routine. Is babylovers the best option and will you see mass/hypertrophy gains with it? Or is all pros a good routine? I can only gym 3 times a week as well.
    I'm 72 kg, I try aim for 3000 calories and 100-120 g of protein a day. I started using whey protein but only 25g post workout. Do I need to be taking whey more often?
    Also I have the problem mentioned earlier in that there is no squat rack. There is a smith machine and a straight barbell but no way of using this for squats. What are the best alternatives?
    Last edited by SamHilll; 11-28-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Shanej1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been lifting for about 2 months now and do it every other day. My question is, can I lift every day? I have looked on google and its somewhat mixed. Thanks!

Closed Thread